• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a simple question, get a simple answer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

the656

Smash Journeyman
Is there a way to make the shield button on the GC controller more sensitive so I dont have to press down all the way to shield/tech (the L and R button)

blizzard138

Smash Apprentice
What does "nerf" and "super armor" mean?
Nerf means when they make a character worse. Super Armor is a move that some heavy characters have. Ike, Wario, etc. It means that when they get hit after certain attacks they don't get knock back but they still take damage. Don't be like omg OPd because there is tactic behind it.

psyniac_123

Smash Ace
Is there a way to make the shield button on the GC controller more sensitive so I dont have to press down all the way to shield/tech (the L and R button)
I've heard you can take apart your controller and remove a spring or something...?

holizz

Smash Cadet
Has the map download system started yet?
You can download replays, snapshots, and stages one per day if you enable the option and connect to WiFi every day. You cannot save the content downloaded from Nintendo. I would assume that the feature also occurs with the American version on a daily basis.

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
When trying to unlock characters by VS match, does online and offline matches count or only offline?

Thanks.
Yes, I believe online matches do count for VS matches.

what buttons do you specifically mash to get out of a grab?

Do you have to press perpendicular on the joystick and a direction on your c-stick to do normal DI? (like recovering from a forward smash?)
To get out of a grab, I rotate the control stick and I press whatever buttons, usually it's the jump button though.

To do normal DI you just use your control stick to influence you character it whatever direction.
What you described is an advanced DI. It's like Smash DI or something so I don't know.

Has the map download system started yet?
Yeah.
The announcement can be found here: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=148134

And the Stage Browser can be found here: http://smashboards.com/stagebrowser.php

Zinc

Smash Apprentice
How exactly do I make a Trophy stand appear during a Boss battle?
I went back to the Midair stadium to battle Pety Pirhana, I wanted to get its trophy but no Trophy stand was avail.

Is there a requirement?
if so please tell.

phlanx

Smash Rookie
How simple does the question have to be:confused:
posted in many forums but have yet to get an answer:(
"I have this question that may make me be seen in a negative light....
if my Wii is modded and I get the DRE problem...should I send it to Nintendo? Seeing as the warranty was never mentioned...plus the game is real and it works...seeing as I was able to play for at least 7 hours the day of release...
Should I still send it? I don't care if it becomes un-modded or not..."

Randofu

Smash Journeyman
Can you only set the text for taunts in WiFi friend matches for your entire console? I wanted to have different text for different names that I use, but I don't see any way to do it.

holizz

Smash Cadet
Can you only set the text for taunts in WiFi friend matches for your entire console? I wanted to have different text for different names that I use, but I don't see any way to do it.
The taunts are per-console. All players on one console must use the same taunts.

13eowulf

Smash Rookie
Whats up with the Wifi Profile?
Is that the name that will appear if people add me to the friends list?
Can you make more than one?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
That's the name which will be shown in friend list matches. You can change it whenever you want but that doesn't affect anywhere. Same taunts and xx/64 friends will stay.

Jellybelly

Smash Ace
How simple does the question have to be:confused:
posted in many forums but have yet to get an answer:(
"I have this question that may make me be seen in a negative light....
if my Wii is modded and I get the DRE problem...should I send it to Nintendo? Seeing as the warranty was never mentioned...plus the game is real and it works...seeing as I was able to play for at least 7 hours the day of release...
Should I still send it? I don't care if it becomes un-modded or not..."
Ring up Nintendo and ask. There hardly gonna shout at you down the phone. they probably won't do it for free. They may charge you and unmod your wii or they may just unmod your wii. Ring them up.

Pikachu'sBlueWizardHat

Smash Apprentice
How does the Pokemon Trainer's pokemon's stamina thing work?
Does just being out take up stamina, or do you have to use attacks?
How long does it take for stamina to deplete, and how can you tell when it does?
How does not having stamina affect the pokemon?

Kind of a compound question, I know.

Marie_54

Smash Ace
Wii-Mote & Nun-Chuck Problems

I got used to playing with it but after a while, i noticed that smash attacks sometimes go in some other direction and i'm NOT talking about shake smashes...

For example, i was playing with Sonic and I tapped left and A and Sonic punched right and i missed the enemy i was going to hit but some other guy was passing by and i hit him and he flew left... WTF??

I tried with 2 different Nunchucks and it still happens randomly... When I use a GC controller everything works fine. Ooh and that only happens with smash attacks.

Anyone having that kind of trouble or knows how to fix this?

Niblet

Smash Cadet
@Pikachu

The Pokemon Trainer sub-forum is probably the place place to go as far as answers to PT, but I can answer most of your question

-Just being out depletes stamina. The Pokemon will tire after 2 minutes or so.
-The Pokemon will visually show signs of fatigue. They will begin to pant/breath heavy and will carry themselves rather weakly.
-No Stamina noticeably decreases the Pokemon's movement speeds.

Dojo999

Smash Journeyman
where do I find the options for spectator mode and smash service? The manual says it'll show up under with anyone, "Depending on when you play". I don't know what that means, can someone tell me where to find these options?

Phaazoid

Basket
NNID
Mr.Grike
3DS FC
4854-6444-0859
in stamina mode, can you set more than one stock? i know the amount of stamina is editable, but i fear the amount of lives aren't....

Brentos4o8

Smash Ace
The set of taunts in Wifi is for your entire console. There can't be more than one set or multiple names for different sets of taunts. If you change the name it'll be the same set of taunts.

You name in the Wifi profile will show up to other people as what you put it.
You can't make more than one but you can change the name whenever you want.

in stamina mode, can you set more than one stock? i know the amount of stamina is editable, but i fear the amount of lives aren't....
I believe in Stamina mode you can only play one stock with editable stamina from 1 - 300 hp.
Sorry.

where do I find the options for spectator mode and smash service? The manual says it'll show up under with anyone, "Depending on when you play". I don't know what that means, can someone tell me where to find these options?
A lot of people have been getting errors where this option doesn't show up.
The Options menu for wifi should be the third option when you first connect to the Nintendo Wifi connection. The 3 options would be "With Friends", "With Anyone", then "Options".

Possible solutions that I've seen people do are: Delete your data. Your hard work will be deleted but at least you'll get the options. Or wait till it gets updated somehow.

I've always had the option so I'm not sure if either will work. It's up to you to decide which option to take.

Bjay

Smash Lord
Where can I hear a U.S. Version of Metaknight's A move?

I wanna see if it sounds as awesome as the Japanese Version where you press A constantly :)

PhoenixWiight

Smash Cadet
i always thought it was "topic," not "thread." guess i learn something new everyday.

people say that falco, fox and sheik have been nerfed a lot, yet they still seem over powered to me. when my friend uses any other character, i can beat him sometimes, and sometimes he beats me (50/50)
but when he uses sheik, falco or fox he beats me about 70/30. why are people saying they were nerfed?

ComradeSAL

Smash Journeyman
How do the three golden hammers work in challenges? If I use one to clear a challenge, can I clear it later to get the hammer back, or is it gone forever?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice

verditude

Smash Journeyman
To play someone online, do you need to register both their Wii # and their friend code, or just the friend code?

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
My simple question:

Is there an area on this site specifically made for exchanging friend codes?
If you mean like some big topic with everyone's friend codes, no. But if you wish to find people to play with, Brawl Online Discussion and SWF Friend Finder are your friends.

To play someone online, do you need to register both their Wii # and their friend code, or just the friend code?
Only friend code. Wii number is only needed if you wish to send stages and such to each other.

Ameba

Smash Cadet
Has anyone here unlocked all songs in Brawl? I want the music list so I can rename the OST files with the official names from the game.

Top Prospect

Smash Apprentice
Based in Chicago; straight outta the Twinkie Barge
Okay, I got one...unless it was already asked and I missed it. What the crap is it with the sudden stumbling? I'll play smoothly, on the flattest of ground, with nothing to trip me up, then suddenly, it's like my character trip over their shoestrings (barring of course, those who are shoeless...I guess they trip on very tiny pebbles, or whatever). It just happens randomly, with no banana peels or anything there to trip you up. Any idea what that is??

Lanttu

Smash Apprentice
Okay, I got one...unless it was already asked and I missed it. What the crap is it with the sudden stumbling? I'll play smoothly, on the flattest of ground, with nothing to trip me up, then suddenly, it's like my character trip over their shoestrings (barring of course, those who are shoeless...I guess they trip on very tiny pebbles, or whatever). It just happens randomly, with no banana peels or anything there to trip you up. Any idea what that is??
Random tripping. Though I wonder how you could have missed all debates about that. >_>

Anyways there's something like 1-3% (not so sure) chance to trip when you press analog stick forward and there's no way avoid this happening. It sucks but you gotta live with that.:ohwell:

Zacke

Smash Cadet
Ok, so... Uhm... I don't know how to ask...
Okay.
Let's say I invite my friend to play Brawl. We decide to go online, yay. But now, can me and my friend play online against two other random people?

Seriously, I didn't know a simpler way to ask XD

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom