• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ask a Question, Get an Answer Thread (Online Discussion Q&A, GO HERE BEFORE POSTING)

Tesh

Smash Hero
I don't get it. Why are specific people screwed over the whole time as others as able to sign on and off and play as they please?

Zatchiel

a little slice of heaven 🍰
NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Now that's something I can't answer myself. Back when I played this game very frequently, this was a very sporadic occurrence that I never fully understood.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Is the server not working tonight? I've been connecting for hours and it always disconnect after long waiting at the practicing stage...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Has this just come up for you tonight? If so, that might be the case.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Well this afternoon was fine but now it just keeps disconnecting

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
What code are you getting? Are you able to connect at all?

I want to see what's wrong before I advise waiting to see if it persists tomorrow.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
I can't stand this anymore! Every night the server crashes and it takes hours to finally connect to wifi and then disconnect again!

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
They'd help. What I'm gathering is that this came up out of nowhere, and it's a first for you (?). Blaming the servers seems to have gone out of the window at this point, so codes would be of great help.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430 80430

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Error Code: 80430

Our experience shows that error messages within this range are typically caused by an unstable network connection. The issue could be with your connection environment, your friend's connection environment, or a temporary issue with the Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection.

Our servers may be trying to handle an unusually high amount of traffic (especially if you are trying to play online with a recently-released or popular game, or if there is a new Wii system update). Please retry your connection later

If you have waited a few hours and are still experiencing issues, try the following:

1. How are you connecting online? The Nintendo Wi-Fi Connection is only compatible with Cable, DSL, and Fiber-optic internet connections. If you are connecting via Satellite, EV-DO (cellular), Dial-up, or other types of connections, then you should try to use an alternate type of connection. Contact your Internet Service Provider if you are not sure what type of internet connection you have.

2. The error may be caused by a basic setting on the router that needs to be adjusted (such as the channel). Please review our general router troubleshooting.

3. Some games may need certain settings on your router enabled or disabled to allow a successful connection with other players. This can include UDP and firewall settings that will vary from router to router. You can view our router pages by clicking here. If your router is listed, check to see if there are any special notes that may help. If there is no information for your particular router or you need further assistance, check out Nintendo's Tech Support Forums. Other users may have already found the solution you're looking for.

If you have tried all of the steps above with no success and you have been encountering the error for a period of at least a few hours, please call 1-800-255-3700. Our representatives are available between 6:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m. Pacific Time, seven days a week.
I've never seen or gotten that code before, so hopefully something here helps.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
It's not helping I read that long time ago...

And I just noticed that the error code differ from time to time...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Are you on a wired or wireless connection? What other codes are you getting?:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Wifi... I didn't write down all the codes everytime i got disconnected...

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Since this has been going on for a week, and I'm sure the servers would be fine by now if they were the issue, you may want to contact your service provider or troubleshooting for your brand of router. Are any other devices that rely on the same connections having problems as well?:applejack:

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
If you're referring to Basic Brawl games, I never understood that either. Might be a chance thing.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
Just want to ask: is the server under repairing right now? I've been connecting to WiFi for an hour and so. It keeps kicking me off line.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Possibly. I'd say give it a few hours to a day to clear up.:applejack:

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
This whole afternoon, I can't get on WiFi at all. error 86420. What should I do? I was fine this morning.

Zatchiel

NNID
Zatchiel
Switch FC
SW-0915-4119-3504
Yeah, seems as though there's some maintenance going on.:applejack:

Sucumbio

Smash Giant
Writing Team
same with me. I followed their instructions from support.nintendo.com and it worked for one match, then disconnect again. I think whatever they're doing it's effecting everyone, but hopefully it'll be back tomorrow.

Dyclone

Smash Ace
I'm pretty sure the same thing has happened recently.

I... I wouldn't know about spectator though.

rinisan

Smash Apprentice
It's not working today. I've been connecting for hours this morning.

Bio-Blue

Smash Cadet
To everyone that was having issues with connecting, it seems it's working again. I assume since I can connect now......just a heads up.

:phone:

If you could openly switch out between brawl save data, then you could probably maintain two FCs on the same Wii. Otherwise, you would need a second wii as far as I know in order to have two different friend codes you wish to use.

David Wonn

Smash Ace
All secret codecs and taunt-transformations work online

^

"Smash" taunts happen to be one of my specialties. Of course you can execute Snake's secret taunt codec, along with Fox's, Falco's and Wolf's on their respective stages online. Good luck getting a cooperative group in Team Battle, though, since there are no taunt parties there (and just as well.) If you have a good partner to cover for you, or if an opponent is idle, then you have a much better chance of pulling it off uninterrupted. Likewise Samus's taunt transformation works flawlessly in any mode.

XstrawberrygoddessX

Smash Apprentice
I know this has probably been asked time and time again, but I can't find exactly what I'm looking for.
But before I continue with details, maybe someone here could help me with the giga bowser codes of online play. I want to play as Giga Bowser with friends, but I'm confused with the many different codes, and how to use them.

vegeta18

Smash Journeyman
I don't know where else to put this. Makes sens to put it here, because it's Wi-Fi related, so here goes.

I am unable to send a snapshot, stage, or replay to someone. It gives this error:
"Unable to connect to the internet. WiiConnect24 cannot be used. Confirm internet settings under Wii Options. See the Wii Operations Manual for details

Error Code: 102031"

I can connect to the internet just fine from my Wii, and I can Brawl online. No problems with Brawling online. Why am I unable to send any content? Help, please?

I heard this can be fixed by using the actual game disc as i play the game off usbloadergx, is there anyway to send replays using a hard drive?

XStarWarriorX

[Get Ready]
Noob question: I forgot how to turn on score display for basic and team battle, I have it unlocked but when I turn it on, it doesn't transfer to online wi-fi mode....so any ideas? (if this thread is still alive :troll:)

Top Bottom