• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

As an aspiring Pikachu player, I have a few questions.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
1. How come nobody ever uses Dair as an edgeguarding Method? It usually kills whenever I use it on my friends Doc or Ganon.

2. Are there any uses for Pikachu's Fair other then Throwing the opponent up and using it as a chaingrabbing method?

3. Can you Shfll Bairs? Because I just can't do it X_X.

Thanks. If I have any more questions, I'll ask.

NeeQueoHH

Smash Apprentice
shfflc fair into tilt, usmash, dsmash, grab. fair can be used in many difrent ways. people do use dair for kills, i dont do it much, but thats cus nuthing beats tailspikes =D and i really dont find anything rong with shfflc bairs.not bad knockback and that extra hit at the end throws off ppl sumtyms

N64

Smash Champion
1. Dair has weird timing and priority. Occasionally nair or falling uairs are better. Also, if you miss, there's more lag to worry about. I use dairs whenever I can't get to the edge in time to ledgehop a nair, or when an opponent recovers from almost directly below (marths, docs, etc.)

2. Fair->grab. Fair->dsmash. Fair through someone, then turn and ftilt them if they try to shieldgrab or turn and hit you with something. Fair through foxes and falcos in their firefox animation to make them drop a little, then upB back through them to the edge when they start firefoxing again. Falling fair->immediate uair spike. I <3 fair.

3. Yup. There's still some lag to it, but it does reduce the lag noticably.

h1roshi

Smash Hero
Kissimmee, Florida playing melee! (f*** brawl, th
at low to mid percents i use the fair a lot...it usually connects since it has decent priority...but once they get to higher percents,,,i start throwing out nairs so that i can follow up the knockback with some finishing moves...and i use the dair quite a bit...when im falling from really high i come down with a dair..they usually dont expect it and get hit...also i use it quite a bit when their off the stage...peace

-hiroshi

N64

Smash Champion
A quick note on fair: I've found vs. characters who like to CC stuff a lot, fair can be a risky approach most of the time. They'll usually just CC it into a dsmash/fsmash/grab or whatever hurts pika the most. So watch out for that.

Top Bottom