• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow vs. Blaster

Nexus Bond

Smash Apprentice
I would say that Falco's laser has more combo potential. However, Pit's arrows are better for spacing.
How does something that has no knockback and more ending lag than stun help with spacing? My understanding is that spacing is basically keeping your opponent at a favorable distance away. Pit's arrows do not do that, since they can't keep your opponent anywere, because your opponent can always advance upon Pit due to his arrow lag. Falco's laser's combo potential sets up for spacing, since the stun on the laser allows Falco to knock the opponent farther away, whether with a throw or with an attack. Also, if Falco feels uncomfortable at any point, he can IAP away, which is virtually unpunishable given the stun of the laser (Phantasm is invincible for the first 1/3 of its distance). Falco's lasers are better than Pit's arrows under most conditions.

Gindler

Smash Champion
At least i can crouch under falco's lasers. Or heaven forbid jump over them. Arrows hit me more often even when they're fired less often. Of course falco mains can just throw lasers out randomly without having to worry whether they even hit or not, pit has to "aim" his. And while I'm trying to recover arrows are far more annoying than lasers, same goes if I would try to edgeguard pit, falco can hardly use them to defend himself when recovering

p8nted

Smash Apprentice
At least you can block arrows with other attacks. Falco's lasers provide no such option.

I'm surprised that so many people think Pit's arrows >>> Falco's lasers. One of the big reasons why Falco is 3rd on the tier list is because his lasers are THAT good.

Where's Pit on the tier list again? This isn't March 2008.
Falco's lasers are WAY better than Pit's arrow. Mainly because you can instantly follow a SHDL or SHL with just about anything. Pit's arrows are strictly for building damage and annoying the **** out of the opponent. Sure you can use it to gimp Ike or something but there's a reason that Ike is such a low tier.

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Neither.

Nanners are much more annoying than either of those projectiles could ever dream of being.
Throw the Banana Peels off the stage, or on a passable platform so it won't be in your way. Problem solved.

One of the big reasons why Falco is 3rd on the tier list is because his lasers are THAT good.
It could be because of his chain-grab also. Did you ever consider maybe that's also a reason?

The Yeti

Smash Cadet
pits. falcos are dodgeable and readable but pits can delay and chase you anywhere... utterly annoying when spammed.

PsytricSword

Smash Cadet
Pit's arrows definatley. You can direct your arrows to hit the enemy recovering to the stage. Falco's lasers only go in a straight line. However, you need more skill using Pit's arrows. XD

Also, forgot to add, Pit's arrows can potentially stop Pit from being comboed (arrow looping).

All in all, Pit's arrows provide good offensive and defensive coverage.

Top Bottom