• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow trick

Ani

Smash Rookie
This is just a little thing that may have a use or just might be something completely useless but im gong to tell you any way.

While I was working on my Bair to arrow I found that right after links bair you can B reversal it which everyone probably knows, but if right when you B reversal you reverse it again the arrow comes out the way you back kicked but link is facing the opposite direction. Its hard to explain but in simpler terms the arrow just comes out backwards. It does the same amount of damage and goes the same distance from what i can tell. I don't know if you can do it without Bairing and still haven't tried yet. So thats it let me know if you find a use for it. Be it mind games or looking cool.

Legan

Smash Lord
I saw this happen on Hashimos video. While it did look cool, i dont really see a use for it in a 1v1 match. But mayb it would work as a good mindgame.

Jink

Smash Apprentice
Are you talking about Bair then QuickDraw to the same direction you hit the opponenet?

Like: Running toward, tap back-jump toward (turn around jump) with Bair then tap toward then B to do the QDraw towards opponent instead of away from it?

Or you saying that Link can Arrow to the opposite direction his facing on the QDraw

4Serial

Smash Lord
No, he's arrow canceling it reversed, but he isn't facing the same way the arrow shot out.
I've never really seen this before but it COULD be useful.
You could reverse/reverse arrow > pivot slide and follow up since you're facing a different direction.

Silmarien

Smash Cadet
Yeah, nothing but a visual change. The arrow just seems to shoot from your back instead. I guess it could make your opponent say "wtf." :p

Blubba_Pinecone

Smash Ace
It looks funny and all but it serves the same purpose as a normal SH Bair QD in that direction. Best it could do over the normal method is what Silmarien said, make them say "wtf". lol

Neb

Smash Lord
Aside from the "wtf" idea of psyching your opponent out, couldn't you use this for retreating arrows? That's the only use I could think of.

D

Deleted member

didn't know it worked with link

but this is old info because peach mains were talking about it and i dont have any idea on how it will help lol

Top Bottom