• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Systems Game Development.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Yep. That's it. My new Game Development company.

http://arrowsystems.webs.com <--Company Website.

Currently looking for:

-Artists(Conceptual, Digital, and Modeling)
-Programmers(I can program, but only to an extent. Can't do all this **** on my own.)
-Designers(Conceptual, Level and Character, etc.)
-Writers(Story, Dialogue, etc.)
-Engineers
-Grunts & Secretaries(For whatever reason I might need them around at the time)
-Audio & Visual Management
-Other positions as needed.

So, if you have any skills that would benefit a company like this, and need a job, hit me up on the website, fill out an application, we'll talk about this.

[[I need Office space, and am in talks with someone about getting an old Cotton Mill renovated in Lawrenceville. If you have any suggestions, please, speak up]]

EDIT: Thanks to Mike G for the sticky.

Purple

Hi guys!
Hmm, sounds legit, i can do art, and writing actually.

Levels too.

how would we receive payment. I'm already having trouble volunteering for waba.

Also, iIve been asking for contact information a lot, when am i going to get that?

Player-3

Smash Hero
not when they're imaginary

until i learn how to do computer stuff i wouldn't mind being a grunt (secretary is too girly)

but i intend to major in mathematics in college if that has any relevance
:V

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Hmm, sounds legit, i can do art, and writing actually.

Levels too.

how would we receive payment. I'm already having trouble volunteering for waba.

Also, iIve been asking for contact information a lot, when am i going to get that?
The thing is, making games is a risky business. We won't be bringing in profit until the games are made. As such, no payment will be made until games are sold.

I can do writing.
Well, send in the application...

sooo what type of engineers do u really need, I can assist on things business wise and project management... and i work at an engineering company at this time so i don't mind aiding
Software engineers.

I'm a pretty good writer...... at least that's what they tell me. ;3
See Serin's post.

Writing and conceptual design sounds interesting.
Look above.

were going to need a forum of sorts to divide this information trevor.
Will do asap.

lol but arrows hit things and stop
But when they do, it's a satisfying result, right? An arrow's point is to hit its mark. *Strikes anime pose* This arrow will be the one to pierce the heavens! Open up the path to new opportunities, my arrow of success!!!

EDIT: I added a forum on the site. Please, join the site if you're interested.

Purple

Hi guys!
That's understandable, but you're missing the point just like waba is. I understand you can't payout people until you make a sort of profit. But on the chance that we make profit, i need to know how the payout will be? What percent will go to you, to the artists, etc. etc.

Where would i need to send in an application? I have a lot of drawings, animations, collaborations, graphic art, etc. that might fit your needs.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Oh, I see what you mean. Well, obviously, if a game sells well, you get paid more.

I'll take a percentage of the profit, and use it to pay off the loans that I will be taking out to finance the company. I'll have to pay each department a different percentage, depending on the number of people in the department. Like, if I have 2 Programmers, and 5 designers, I'll have to pay the programmers a bit more, y'know? Same for each department.
20% Goes to loans.
30% Goes to Designing/Writing.
30% Goes to Programmers and Engineers.
20% Goes to The company itself. So we can get new things and equipment.

That's what I'd planned, at least. If other ideas are present, then speak up.

The thing on the sidebar that says "Jobs with Arrow Systems." Click it. I really need to update that page, though.

Player-3

Smash Hero
actually i can think of alot of things to do i just have no idea how to do any of them, i'll start on audio since that's what i have the most interest in...... wooo music

ama(m/t)

Smash Lord
i want to help work on it
do you actually have a game plan because i am not actually a game developer and as such have no idea how to make game

Laijin

Smash Hero
Oh, I see what you mean. Well, obviously, if a game sells well, you get paid more.

I'll take a percentage of the profit, and use it to pay off the loans that I will be taking out to finance the company. I'll have to pay each department a different percentage, depending on the number of people in the department. Like, if I have 2 Programmers, and 5 designers, I'll have to pay the programmers a bit more, y'know? Same for each department.
20% Goes to loans.
30% Goes to Designing/Writing.
30% Goes to Programmers and Engineers.
20% Goes to The company itself. So we can get new things and equipment.

That's what I'd planned, at least. If other ideas are present, then speak up.

The thing on the sidebar that says "Jobs with Arrow Systems." Click it. I really need to update that page, though.
What kind of games are you interested in making?
iPhone? XNA? General PC games? Online games? Or if you really have the money, a console game?

Also. Although writing/game design is important and all..I highly suggest not paying them the same amount as your engineers as the engineers, to be quite blunt, do more work than the designers/writers.
An Engineer can also be a writer and game designer while a game desinger/writer usually cannot be a Engineer.

So my personal suggestion, to attract more engineers is to lower the amount the writers/designers make and raise the amount the engineers make.
Think about it. You can have a game without specialized writers and specialized designers, but can you have a game without engineers?

Another suggestion would be to give all your engineers a programming test before they can get hired. No point in hiring an engineer who can't program video games, right? ;o

Also. Look into getting dedicated artists and sound guys. You mentioned it in the first post, but did'nt mention their pay split

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
i want to help work on it
do you actually have a game plan because i am not actually a game developer and as such have no idea how to make game
I do, actually. Several of them. I've only got one on the site, thougbh.

What kind of games are you interested in making?
iPhone? XNA? General PC games? Online games? Or if you really have the money, a console game?

Also. Although writing/game design is important and all..I highly suggest not paying them the same amount as your engineers as the engineers, to be quite blunt, do more work than the designers/writers.
An Engineer can also be a writer and game designer while a game desinger/writer usually cannot be a Engineer.

So my personal suggestion, to attract more engineers is to lower the amount the writers/designers make and raise the amount the engineers make.
Think about it. You can have a game without specialized writers and specialized designers, but can you have a game without engineers?

Another suggestion would be to give all your engineers a programming test before they can get hired. No point in hiring an engineer who can't program video games, right? ;o

Also. Look into getting dedicated artists and sound guys. You mentioned it in the first post, but did'nt mention their pay split
PC Games at first, and if it really takes off, we'll go console.

Hm..you sure about that? I'll think about that...

10% to loans
30% to the designers/writers/artists
40% to Programmers & Engineers
15% to the company itself
5% to other expenses as necessary.

Hm...this seems more accurate...but the pay seems rather...nrgh...It makes sense. That's a good idea.

So Far:

Me - Programmer
Tong - Programmer
Jamaal - Artist(Digital & Conceptual)
Umby/Alby - Possible Writers
Player 3 - Whipping Boy/Gopher/Grunt
nsm - Engineer??

At least, this is the Smashboards people. I've got another programmer and an audio man who are at the ready.

nevershootme

Smash Master
lol, i'm not a software engineer, but at least i'll find people who may be interested. besides, i suck at programming. all i know is hardware and business with a side of imagination and creativity in coming up with ideas.

you can also start on PSN, XBL indie games and they use C# or w/e for the language.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Gopher - The member of a certain staff or group that runs the tiny errands, such as grabbing snacks from the vending machines, going to get food, or other small tasks. They are assigned this due to either their tiny brain capacity, or their general uselessness at the time.

lol, i'm not a software engineer, but at least i'll find people who may be interested. besides, i suck at programming. all i know is hardware and business with a side of imagination and creativity in coming up with ideas.

you can also start on PSN, XBL indie games and they use C# or w/e for the language.
Yeah, word of mouth is a great way to get known.

I will most likely be advertising like crazy.

I was planning to start on steam, but now that I think about it, PSN and XBL seem like nice choices.

Purple

Hi guys!
Yeah, i'm pretty sure i can do writing and designing instead of just art. I've had my own comic/animations/collaborations etc. mind you.

BearsAreScary

Smash Journeyman
I saw an anime about making galge/eroge PC games

seems easy enough

anyways I am not a CS/English major but it seems like interest is high so gl I guess
if company gets big and awesome and the need for an IE like me arises I will keep it in mind

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I put up a poll on the website. I don't know if I should wait to get some office space or not. Some of those I've asked say yes, some say no. Please respond.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I thought about it and I actually would not mind doing side work for you guys as long as I'm working with competent programmers. Although I can't really relocate there. lol
I'm average, a pal of mine who will be working there as well is about average, maybe a little above. I dunno about Tong, but he seems more than qualified.

I've done work on fan-games, but that's about it.

We can do this, guys.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
way to go yiff. I am quite interested in helping out. I have some ideas about how to actually run the buissness.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
Whats average? Any examples of previous work?
I can do good things in Java. I can make a fully functional RPG in Java, but it's quite primitive. C++ is relatively new to me, but it's not that different, so I should pick up quick. I worked on a mega-Man fangame, but I had to get a new computer.

way to go yiff. I am quite interested in helping out. I have some ideas about how to actually run the buissness.
Well, lay them on me. Always open to suggestions.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
I sent you an email, I used the email on the site. And tried sending you a applcation but I don't know if the application went through.

Nihongo-ookami

Smash Journeyman
I sent you an email, I used the email on the site. And tried sending you a applcation but I don't know if the application went through.
Yeah, I got the application.

Also, if everyone interested would let me know the next day that they're available to meet up( at my house, if there are no objections.) for a company meet and discussion day, that'd be great.

hichez50

Smash Lord
NNID
Player-00
3DS FC
2122-6108-1245
Yeah, I got the application.

Also, if everyone interested would let me know the next day that they're available to meet up( at my house, if there are no objections.) for a company meet and discussion day, that'd be great.
Depends where your house is at. Im free almost every weekend just give me proper notice. I know I won't be available next weekend though.

Purple

Hi guys!
you know, for the time being we can use an mIRC chat to discuss things with each other, and send each other files via forum.

Top Bottom