• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arrow Holding

Mute..

Smash Rookie
Hey,

I noticed today that you can hold onto arrows longer before firing them by changing between forward and up aim rapidly. Sort of holding the aim at a diagonal direction. I'm guessing the timer doesn't tick while you switch between the two. Don't know what it might be useful for, but someone else might come up with something.

I tried searching for a topic on this, but didn't find anything, but if this has already been posted, please do flame me!

Crystanium

Smash Hero
Oy vey iz mir! It is common knowledge to all Pit mains that Palutena's Arrows can be charged. We all also know of Pit's Delayed Arrow Release (DAR), where you hold down neutral B and turn left and right really fast or tilt up and let go, tilt up again and repeat.

J4pu

Smash Champion
Hey,

I noticed today that you can hold onto arrows longer before firing them by changing between forward and up aim rapidly. Sort of holding the aim at a diagonal direction. I'm guessing the timer doesn't tick while you switch between the two. Don't know what it might be useful for, but someone else might come up with something.

I tried searching for a topic on this, but didn't find anything, but if this has already been posted, please do flame me!
STFU n00b
GTFO

Aminar

Smash Journeyman
STFU n00b
GTFO
Why be rude?

I think it's called arrow dancing/stalling in the compendium. The compendium really needs explanations of what the terms mean, especially for unlinked ones.

Thanks for trying though.

DiosDePyro

Smash Cadet
I think it's called arrow dancing/stalling in the compendium. The compendium really needs explanations of what the terms mean, especially for unlinked ones.
You know, you may be on to something. Maybe underneath each link put a comma delimited set of tags so people searching can jump straight to the right place in the compendium.

That, or people actually look in the READ BEFORE POSTING thread... that could really help.

Mute..

Smash Rookie
Well what do you know, the READ BEFORE POSTING threads are different from category to category. I just assumed they would be the same, as they are on most forums. Sorry!

kupo15

Smash Hero
yea, undr needs to update that thread and make it more organized. I organized it so all he has to do is copy paste...:urg:

Top Bottom