• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Around the World: Regional Variations and the Dojo

H

homelessvagrant

ha, kinnikuman lets see if this “prophet” is right. Comon Lucas

I bet kinnikuman’s really the prophet

S

sweet zelda

hey falco roy grow up oh pleaes pokemon so 8 years ago
i hope next week charecter will be a female

R

ravenkikas

Man since the beggining that i wanted lucario in the game and i’m not that much of a pokemon fan.. i hope he is in the game but if he’s not we all have to agree that pokemon series are very good and enough represented with the characters that are allready there mainly the newcomer Pokemon Trainer.

R

ravenkikas

lool just saying man… because actually i only really want riddley lol

H

homelessvagrant

aghth sweet zelda what’s wrong with you, the poke series (at least the game boy advance games) aren’t kiddie at all. The game is one of the most strategic RPGs of it’s kind. Also the latest game has achieved a greater older teenager to young adult demographic.

The problem is that people have a hard time seperating the game from the anime.Plus the cheap anime ripoff titles and stadium games haven’t helped(Pikachu is the fagiest mascot, it shoul be squirtle instead). I know because I was apart of this crowd. That was until my friends said “buy pearl so we can trade.” Buying it I realized how fullish I had been, fell back in love with squirtle and am proud to say that it is my second most played game (second to smash of course). Nintendo doesn’t make many kiddie trash games, they only look that way. So I would happily take in another poke for brawl whether it be Lucario, Blaziken, Marowak, or even someone like metagross. they bring something new to brawl. and I want Ridley too. I truly believe he’s in brawl.

E

EvilToad01

Personally, I started with Red/Blue/Yellow and got all 151. Then Gold came out and I started with that, but my heart just wasn’t in it. What is there, like 500 pokémon now?

Call me a purist, but I think Smash should be all about classic franchises. I don’t mind if all those weird new ones come out of pokéballs, but I wish the fighting roster would stick to the original 151. It’s half the reason I hated Pichu, the other half being he sucks.

R

ravenkikas

EvilToad01 493 species of pokemon now =| lol but it still is a great series, I love the classic Red/Blue/Yellow. The new games are awesome with many new features, and that improved the gameplay a lot because in the first game we just had to beat the gyms, then the league and if you wanted to colect the 151 pkmns, now you just have so many things to do if you want, even raising pokemon is more coool. But i know what you mean when the Gold/silver/Crystal came out i wasnt into it too, mainly because i was playing alone and none of my frieds had the game. When the ruby/saphire came out i was sceptical about buying the game but i did it anyway and i dont regreat it. The same goes to this 4th Gen.

M

METROID MAN

I AGREE WITH EVIL TOAD,
i played the blue game and silver game! THOSE ARE THE DAYS WHEN POKEMON WERE GOOD! CHARIZARD WAS A DRAGON, WITH FIRE. PICKACHU WAS A MOUSE WITH ELECTRICITY. EKENS WAS A SNAKE!
now the new pokemon are just things… i think lucioiocrio, or whatever his name is, would be bad

R

ravenkikas

I think no one should trash the requests/Dreames for new characters in brawl… (at least if they’re not too demanding..) Everyone has some character that trully want to be in it.. Even in this blog we can see that a lot.. Some ex.: Sonic, Ridley, Tom Nook, squirtle, Cpt.Olimar and more! We all have at least one! And we’ll freak out the day that character is revealed, and freak out even more if he’s not revealed! lool

R

ravenkikas

METROID MAN yeah that’s a litlle true.. the first games was the good old classic, and the new pokemon i agree some are just weird with types mixed but anyway.. lool

E

EvilToad01

I’m not trashing anyone’s dreams/requests. Just expressing my opinion. I believe nothing’s confirmed/unconfirmed until Sakurai says so. I think the only requested character so far that doesn’t have a chance of being in Brawl is Toad, because of Peach’s retained B move.

R

ravenkikas

EvilToad01 i wasnt saying you were, sorry if i gave you that idea

S

Sneaky 2.0

I wonder, if the game took out the characters that hurt themselves, would they just add more like them?

And Metroid Man, was that really you that mailed my DA account?

M

METROID MAN

yes, it was me lol. i clicked your name, MY NAME USED TO BE CLICK ABLE, UNTIL THS SITE NEEDED PASSWORDS AND I GOT LAZY…
oh and
i didnt mean to make poke fans sad and all that

R

ravenkikas

METROID MAN lol i wasnt saying that to you either lool we are metroid pals right? lol

H

homelessvagrant

well for the most part I agree that some of the new pokes are just blah (Floatzel? Bibarel? Probopass?!?) but there re cool ones as well that i wonder why weren’t in the original. salamence is beyond cooler than dragonite, Mawile whoops Kangaskan any day and I actually perfer Typhlosion over Charizard and Torterra over Venasaur.

People will always perfer the begining critters over the new ones because the old ones have been out so long that they grew on them. That’s what the pokes were meant to do. So Lucario isn’t really bad (he’s just not my choice) Mawile for next gen.

H

homelessvagrant

And really it doesn’t matter if you say that pokemon’s gay, as long as your not ill informed.

K

Keige

Finally we have some proof that they’re starters. Because apparently Sakurai stating that he doesn’t want to spoil it for us isn’t enough…

M

METROID MAN

sooooo kiege, yer new here i take it?
well thanx for getting us back on track, im still sceptical over the entire newcomer thing, but i HOPE there not unlockables…

A

awesome ivan

hmm… i hope capt. olimar isnt unlockable ;) so i guess, if this is true, were going to learn ALOT more items and music and stuff once theres no more unlockable stages and characters… although they could be spread evenly but its still true. and this means the SSE isnt unlockable! horray! i wonder how many new comers are starters… maby bowser jr. ;)

M

METROID MAN

awsome ivan, siply awsome.
so ivan, how, where did you get the emoticons?

S

Sneaky 2.0

Hover over emoticons and you should see how they are made. >:)

R

RC Hammer

Ness isn’t gone! Trust me.

And I’m 100% sure that Sonic will be in the game.

R

rirox

does anybody knows how to contact this blog’s author,please?I did’nt find any mail,or contact link….

E

EvilToad01

Why? At this point, I’d say Sonic is more likely than certain Melee characters.

R

rirox

METROID MAN > I did it,but there is many comments,so I can’t be sur they will see it,that’s the problem….
If I have no answer during next week I maybe will try again.
thanks ;)

P

potato

maybe inside the actual games when it was in other countries it didn’t say warning challenge aproaching it said whut it says on the dojo,,,so i think that t hey are still unlockable

R

RC Hammer

Why would you not want Sonic in this game? Sonic isn’t one of my favorite characters or anything… I don’t even own a Sonic game! The more fighters the better, and a Sonic-in-Brawl thing could break certain smash walls, don’t you think.

And I’m curious to see how they fit his speed and his moves into gameplay. This could lead to some interesting… things… That we haven’t seen before in Brawl.

And he was great in Super Smash Flash.

Only about two characters will be taken from Melee, if any, and none of the original will be taken. That’s my guess.

Can someone give me this “prophet” guys website, or whatever. Thanks.

R

RC Hammer

Or does the prophet speak through Kinnikuman. Please give me some answers on this. I don’t know where you’re getting all of this prophet stuff.

R

RC Hammer

This is very old news about Sonic but:

“To top this off, Miyamoto personally believes that Sonic could become the perfect contender to battle alongside, or against his platforming arch enemy Super Mario on Wii. Although he didn’t actually reveal whether or not we will see Sonic added to the unprecedented lineup, it appears Nintendo has actually contacted Sega regarding the matter, though Miyamoto states the company is still awaiting a final verdict.”

http://www.gamespot.com/pages/unions/read_article.php?topic_id=24916973&union_id=4754&print=1

S

sweet zelda

so you guys want sonic in the game to smash him or something???

Top Bottom