• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arle Nadja, Puyo Popper Extraordinaire pops into Smash Bros.! (New Management!)

Which Puyo protagonist would you prefer for Smash?

• Total voters

Notshane

Smash Ace
You can nab all of the modern voice clips for Arle among sounds from this thread at Puyo Nexus. Have fun!

Thank you!

BTW, guys. I watched TFS plays: Puyo Puyo Tetris...
Hah, they played it?!

...and I got to thinking...what would everyone think of a Puyo Puyo Abridged? Obviously, there would be some interesting design choices due to the series not having any "motion" in their cutscenes.
They could start with the anime clips XD Despite how short they are, they could make excellent work of them.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
BTW, guys. I watched TFS plays: Puyo Puyo Tetris and I got to thinking...what would everyone think of a Puyo Puyo Abridged? Obviously, there would be some interesting design choices due to the series not having any "motion" in their cutscenes.
I wonder how it'd work - maybe "abridged" wouldn't be best fit due lack of motions as you mentioned.

However, an "incorrect quotes"-themed blog is absolute riot with the dialogue system of the game.

(Done by the use of the official font in the game incase you're curious)

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
An Abridged Series for Puyo Puyo Tetris would be comedy gold. Make it happen!

Which reminds me, I'm still stuck on the second world of the game. Might play more of it tomorrow.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27

Notshane Notshane

~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~

Speaking of PPT Abridged, look at what I found!

NOTE: I found this last one in a Tumblr post. I'll post the link here, but can someone do me a favor and send it to Team Four Star's Twitter as soon as they can alongside the Schezo/Sig one? I'm sorry, but they MUST see this.

http://theotherbackgrounder.tumblr..../tee-teaching-ringo-about-tetris-tee-its-easy

Tee teaching Ringo about Tetris

Tee: It’s easy. Just make a solid line, and they’ll clear.

Ringo: Well, that’s not so ba-

Tee: There’s some other stuff, like Tetris line clears, Back to backs and T-spins…

Tee: But I’m sure you’ll figure it all out, EASY-PEASY!

Ringo: Did…Did you just hold a grudge?

As a matter of fact, I have a LOT of Puyo Puyo/Dragon Ball Z Abridged I can come up with, so tell me if you guys would like to see it!

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So Vinny and his streams on PPT brought us this gem:

Smug Wendys crossed with Ringo Andou is... amazing.
AwesomeAussie27 AwesomeAussie27

Notshane Notshane

~ Valkyrie ~ ~ Valkyrie ~

Speaking of PPT Abridged, look at what I found!

NOTE: I found this last one in a Tumblr post. I'll post the link here, but can someone do me a favor and send it to Team Four Star's Twitter as soon as they can alongside the Schezo/Sig one? I'm sorry, but they MUST see this.

http://theotherbackgrounder.tumblr..../tee-teaching-ringo-about-tetris-tee-its-easy

Tee teaching Ringo about Tetris

Tee: It’s easy. Just make a solid line, and they’ll clear.

Ringo: Well, that’s not so ba-

Tee: There’s some other stuff, like Tetris line clears, Back to backs and T-spins…

Tee: But I’m sure you’ll figure it all out, EASY-PEASY!

Ringo: Did…Did you just hold a grudge?

As a matter of fact, I have a LOT of Puyo Puyo/Dragon Ball Z Abridged I can come up with, so tell me if you guys would like to see it!
Good good. The more Puyo Puyo memes, the better. I like how we are getting more lately thanks to Puyo Puyo Tetris.

Notshane

Smash Ace
Brand new news about Puyo Puyo Tetris, Puyo Pop...pop...
(Wait, can we still say that anymore now that it is not known as that overseas.)
It appears that there are actually some changes between the other versions of Puyo Puyo Tetris and the new Switch version!

I have noticed minor cosmetic changes throughout my playthrough, though most were really too minor to share here. Instead, I only picked the most prominent change that I felt was worthy to compare.

(I will make this interesting and not tell you which one is the changed one.)
As you can see, Tee is pretty different between the two versions of the game. One of his poses has been completely redrawn for the Switch version, perhaps because they were unsatisfied with the original. I found it pretty interesting that they did this at all, as that means that the "Puyo Puyo Tetris S" version does indeed contain some changes to it that are not present in the other versions.

Last edited:

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Brand new news about Puyo Puyo Tetris, Puyo Pop...pop...
(Wait, can we still say that anymore now that it is not known as that overseas.)
It appears that there are actually some changes between the other versions of Puyo Puyo Tetris and the new Switch version!

I have noticed minor cosmetic changes throughout my playthrough, though most were really too minor to share here. Instead, I only picked the most prominent change that I felt was worthy to compare.

(I will make this interesting and not tell you which one is the changed one.)
As you can see, Tee is pretty different between the two versions of the game. One of his poses has been completely redrawn for the Switch version, perhaps because they were unsatisfied with the original. I found it pretty interesting that they did this at all, as that means that the "Puyo Puyo Tetris S" version does indeed contain some changes to it that are not present in the other versions.
I personally prefer the older look, perhaps because it exemplified T's serious character more than it does in the S-versions. Though it's not too jarring, but yeah.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
So um, Tracker decided to make this recently.

It's too bloody beautiful, even for a fan Smashified.

It even comes with alts.
He's definitely doing the Puyo Puyo fandom a huge solid.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593

It even comes with alts.
At least this leaves the official Smashified team less to work with.

Tracker is definitely one of my favorite Sonic fans and he makes some funny **** and great stuff (like this). It's looks close enough to what she would look like in an official Smash game.

Notshane

Smash Ace
If she was in an official game, I'm actually entirely uncertain as to how they would ascertain her look. If Sakurai heads development, it would most definitely be the Compile look.

Great work nonetheless. Just makes me more hype for how she'll be envisioned next. Now that her Fever look is out and about, somebody is going to do her Compile look next. So much hype.

(I sound oddly unappreciative here.)

Also, after doing more research recently, one thing I found interesting was that Puyo Puyo Tetris was intended to be a direct sequel to Puyo Puyo 7. I figured this just meant it would follow it up directly, but then I found out this also implied that they wanted it to be a main series entry. However, then they put 20th Anniversary ahead of schedule instead and Puyo Puyo Tetris was ultimately linked to it, since the game apparently takes place after the events of 20th Anniversary.

Pretty interesting, I say. Maybe they thought the Tetris characters couldn't stay in the canon for long because they were unsure of how many times they could incorporate Tetris into the series. Pretty sad, but I am still happy we even got the crossover at all. Makes perfect sense they'd think this way since they did want to give us this game a few years ago. All of us forget that the only reason it was not brought over was because of copyright issues with the current holders of the Tetris brand name at the time.

It's funny, cause when they announced this game for the first time for its official localization, I actually did completely forget that they wanted it localized a few years ago.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
User was warned for this post

It even comes with alts.
Bless you Tracker. Bless you.

Also, after doing more research recently, one thing I found interesting was that Puyo Puyo Tetris was intended to be a direct sequel to Puyo Puyo 7. I figured this just meant it would follow it up directly, but then I found out this also implied that they wanted it to be a main series entry. However, then they put 20th Anniversary ahead of schedule instead and Puyo Puyo Tetris was ultimately linked to it, since the game apparently takes place after the events of 20th Anniversary.

Pretty interesting, I say. Maybe they thought the Tetris characters couldn't stay in the canon for long because they were unsure of how many times they could incorporate Tetris into the series. Pretty sad, but I am still happy we even got the crossover at all. Makes perfect sense they'd think this way since they did want to give us this game a few years ago. All of us forget that the only reason it was not brought over was because of copyright issues with the current holders of the Tetris brand name at the time.

It's funny, cause when they announced this game for the first time for its official localization, I actually did completely forget that they wanted it localized a few years ago.

Yeah, I wonder what things would have been like had PPT officially become "Puyo Puyo 8". I mean, I guess I can understand how things would seem a bit sketchy for future games if the Tetris cast didn't return for future games.

If she was in an official game, I'm actually entirely uncertain as to how they would ascertain her look. If Sakurai heads development, it would most definitely be the Compile look.

Great work nonetheless. Just makes me more hype for how she'll be envisioned next. Now that her Fever look is out and about, somebody is going to do her Compile look next. So much hype.

(I sound oddly unappreciative here.)
Hopefully, it looks just as good as this one, if not better. I'm sure everyone here knows which incarnation of Arle I'd give anything to to see in 3D.:rolleyes:

BTW, Tracker released something else on his Twitter...

Mod Edit: image with swears. Next time, just link to the tweet instead of embedding.

Last edited by a moderator:

Notshane

Smash Ace
Yeah, I wonder what things would have been like had PPT officially become "Puyo Puyo 8". I mean, I guess I can understand how things would seem a bit sketchy for future games if the Tetris cast didn't return for future games.
Technically, the cast could return. They don't have copyright to the Tetris characters made by Sonic Team. Just the gameplay. And heck, over in Japan, they technically can return the Tetris gameplay at any time they want cause the copyright holders there are far less stringent about where the property goes.

Hopefully, it looks just as good as this one, if not better. I'm sure everyone here knows which incarnation of Arle I'd give anything to to see in 3D.:rolleyes:
And the one I want to see in 3D is far more obscure, rofl. Oh, speaking of, I read up on some sad news regarding Yon. Said something about it being Compile's last game, regardless of whether or not they went bankrupt.

Now, this one sounds a bit peculiar to me, but I could believe it only if we look at things this way. Considering how much the Puyo Puyo franchise made them, I want to theorize they meant the story side of things would simmer down and they would've just kept the games simple after that. As in, every sequel is just Arle going on more adventures in the world around her. Which kind of makes sense since Puyo Puyo was meant to be a spin-off anyway.

Cause, considering how serious the atmosphere is from that game, I don't think they would've kept it that way unless they really wanted it to be a true spin-off to the Madou Monogatari games and have both games have serious undertones. That idea also makes a tiny bit of sense to me, especially since Arle did age in Yon. However, due to the peculiar nature of the Puyo Puyo series, it wouldn't surprise me at all if the next game after it had something occur where Arle longs for her youthful days and decides to find a magical spell to revert her back to a child again.

Okay, actually, everything I said could make sense cause of how bizarre Puyo Puyo is. It's a spin-off game that has basically proven that each entry doesn't have to have a true continuity to the next. So, assuming Compile did continue the series after Yon, I imagine they would've gone with either one of those scenarios. Make the spin-off more serious or have yet another cheesy story where it ends with Arle reverting back to a child after finding the magical spell.

Or, perhaps, they could do one better. As she's about to cast it, she thinks: "Well, I have to grow up at some point. And all of my adventures weren't so bad, strange as they were!" followed by Carbuncle looking back at her with a smile and her ripping up the only existence of the youth spell right in front of her. Hmm, actually, that sounds more like an ending to the series. Gah, now I'm sad again. I couldn't think up a way for them to casually continue it.

I swear, Idk why it's so fun thinking up scenarios for this game. I ramble way too much when I talk about it.

Overseer said:
image with swears. Next time, just link to the tweet instead of embedding.
Oh (...) that's the worst!

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
The Puyo Puyo Twitter is asking fans which characters were their favorites to celebrate the game's first month of release.

We have a lot of Arle, Draco, Schezo, Satan, Sig, Feli, Ringo, Witch, Ess, Tee, and Raffine fans there.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Not only that, but fans seem to be lamenting Oshare Bones since he was never in the game.

I'm not going to lie, I miss that fabulous skeleton too.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
The Puyo Puyo Twitter is asking fans which characters were their favorites to celebrate the game's first month of release.

We have a lot of Arle, Draco, Schezo, Satan, Sig, Feli, Ringo, Witch, Ess, Tee, and Raffine fans there.
Heck, people are even saying Lidelle/Rider, and she wasn't even PLAYABLE in PPT.

Well, may as well add my favorite characters here since I don't have a Twitter..

1. Arle/Carbuncle
2. Schezo/Ringo
3. Satan/Suketoudara
4. Amitie
5. Sig/Lemres
6. Risukuma/Maguro
7. Rulue
8. Draco/Witch
9. Ms. Accord
10. Doppelganger Arle
11. Lagnus
12. Yu & Rei
13. Raffine
14. Klug
15. Kikimora
16. Feli
17. Succubus/Incubus
18. Panotty/Archan
19. Seriri
20. Harpy/Momomo

Not only that, but fans seem to be lamenting Oshare Bones since he was never in the game.

I'm not going to lie, I miss that fabulous skeleton too.
Well, at least he'll live on...in Satan's English Alt. voice for PPT. (Though, hopefully he'll ACTUALLY return for a Puyo game soon.)

Oh (...) that's the worst!
If you're talking about the picture I posted that day, I...have to agree with you there. Seriously, just wait for DYKG's episode on Puyo Puyo and how Madou Monogatari was all KINDS of mindf******

BTW, I've got a little Puyo pic to post.

Gives me a slight Cha-La Head Cha-La vibe if I'm being honest.

Notshane

Smash Ace
...people are even saying Lidelle/Rider...
It's safe to assume she's "Lidelle" by this point since it is Sonic Team that gave her that name and it has also been established that the first name was due to a translation error.

Well, may as well add my favorite characters here since I don't have a Twitter..

1. Arle/Carbuncle
2. Schezo/Ringo
3. Satan/Suketoudara
4. Amitie
5. Sig/Lemres
6. Risukuma/Maguro
7. Rulue
8. Draco/Witch
9. Ms. Accord
10. Doppelganger Arle
11. Lagnus
12. Yu & Rei
13. Raffine
14. Klug
15. Kikimora
16. Feli
17. Succubus/Incubus
18. Panotty/Archan
19. Seriri
20. Harpy/Momomo
You do realize they asked for characters from the...oooh.

Arle needs to eat something. Also, you can actually see the age gap between her and Rulue here.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Puyo Puyo Tetris will have another big competitive tournament coming soon, which will be at this year's Anime EVO at July.

Sega is really on a roll at giving the game more publicity. I love where they are going with this. Too bad I suck badly to be an expert player.

Notshane

Smash Ace
I don't know why, but this made me kinda sad.

Not just cause it's implied that they don't know the change was due to the original developers leaving, but cause they called the ones I love the most a "generic 90's puzzle game" despite them having the most flavor in terms of writing.

Not that every game, Fever onward, has bad writing, but you know what I mean. It's more of me loving how the Puyo Puyo games always took characters from each new Madou Monogatari game and kept piling them on, well now, the series is standalone and has to make characters on its own. Which, honestly, could explain a lot as to why they barely juice out any original characters with each new release. That, and mostly focusing on humanoids.
(Though I still want Harpy or Mandrake to be DLC in Puyo Puyo Tetris at some point.)
Still, it just kind of hit me hard reading that cause, strangely, I've never seen any criticism towards the Compile series until now. I'm not hating on them for liking the Sonic Team games; rather, I'm sad that they don't understand what made the Compile games so magical in the first place.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
It's safe to assume she's "Lidelle" by this point since it is Sonic Team that gave her that name and it has also been established that the first name was due to a translation error.
Yeah, I guess you have a point there. Still, I'll miss "Rider"...

Arle needs to eat something. Also, you can actually see the age gap between her and Rulue here.
Yeah, Arle DOES look a bit..."famished' here. Also, you have a point that the age difference between Arle and Rulue (and everyone else in comparison, ESPECIALLY Panotty and Archan) is VERY apparent here.

Puyo Puyo Tetris will have another big competitive tournament coming soon, which will be at this year's Anime EVO at July.

Sega is really on a roll at giving the game more publicity. I love where they are going with this. Too bad I suck badly to be an expert player.
And PPT deserves it, if you ask me. Considering SEGA's recent announcement of revitalizing their by 2020, Puyo Puyo may be in for a bright future.

Not just cause it's implied that they don't know the change was due to the original developers leaving, but cause they called the ones I love the most a "generic 90's puzzle game" despite them having the most flavor in terms of writing.

Not that every game, Fever onward, has bad writing, but you know what I mean. It's more of me loving how the Puyo Puyo games always took characters from each new Madou Monogatari game and kept piling them on, well now, the series is standalone and has to make characters on its own. Which, honestly, could explain a lot as to why they barely juice out any original characters with each new release. That, and mostly focusing on humanoids.
(Though I still want Harpy or Mandrake to be DLC in Puyo Puyo Tetris at some point.)
Still, it just kind of hit me hard reading that cause, strangely, I've never seen any criticism towards the Compile series until now. I'm not hating on them for liking the Sonic Team games; rather, I'm sad that they don't understand what made the Compile games so magical in the first place.
Wow...I mean, each to their own, but I also don't usually see people hating on the Compile games.

Luminario

Smash Lord

I'm pretty sure they just mean in terms of how the characters look, and I gotta agree the new artstyle really pops out more.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Disrespecting the Compile Era Puyo Puyo is like disrespecting pre-Awakening Fire Emblem.

I can understand different viewpoints and nostalgia, but why?

Notshane

Smash Ace
Yeah, I guess you have a point there. Still, I'll miss "Rider"...
I find it comical that Amitie mispronounces most of the names in Fever, actually. She even calls Raffine "Raffina" even though I actually thought it was pronounced without the last bit in English until the other day.

Yeah, Arle DOES look a bit..."famished' here. Also, you have a point that the age difference between Arle and Rulue (and everyone else in comparison, ESPECIALLY Panotty and Archan) is VERY apparent here.
Yeah, talk about "childhood" friends XD Just as bad as Goku to Krillin.

Wow...I mean, each to their own, but I also don't usually see people hating on the Compile games.
It's kinda sad to me. Not that they're sad people, but I'm wondering how you could hate them. Even Arle being a douche is done comically in most of the games.

I'm pretty sure they just mean in terms of how the characters look, and I gotta agree the new artstyle really pops out more.
If that were the case, I feel he wouldn't be so quick to judge the entire series with the ending statement. I think he genuinely thinks they're boring games before Fever. And such an opinion isn't so foreign, considering both series are pretty contrasting from one another in terms of their style.

Also, yeah, it certainly...pops out more, BAHAH- (ahem) But, yeah, I always had a soft spot for the original cause I liked how they were comparative to the RPG. Honestly, though, considering Compile changed the art style bit by bit with each new game, they were bound to do a jump at some point to distinguish it from MM. I couldn't see them keeping it as basic anime forever and probably made YON as an ending to that look, since the game was so serious like MM.

In a way, it makes me happy that Sonic Team essentially did what Compile might've done (not the same art style, I'm sure, but to their idea of a re-imagining), though without MM, it's certainly hard for Sonic Team to find more characters to add to Puyo Puyo. It's not something you think about until you realize those two games being released around the same time basically implied that Puyo Puyo got its fuel from MM and that was a cool concept to me.

Disrespecting the Compile Era Puyo Puyo is like disrespecting pre-Awakening Fire Emblem.

I can understand different viewpoints and nostalgia, but why?
Yeah. I mean, he could've just said he preferred Sonic Team, but going so far as calling the Compile games, of all entries in the series, "generic" is a pretty big insult and I feel you must elaborate on that cause the majority of people I know that know of this series have never given it anything lower than above average, as far as writing goes. None of them ever feel generic.

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
Though you know what they should do for the Next Puyo Puo game? Make Eggman a hidden character.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Though you know what they should do for the Next Puyo Puo game? Make Eggman a hidden character.
That would be the next logical step after the Sonic Puyo Pop mode.

Make Mike Pollock provide his voice too. We need more of his glorious voice acting.

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Though you know what they should do for the Next Puyo Puyo game? Make Eggman a hidden character.
I can't help but feel that for casuals, SONIC would be a more "all-including" choice. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dr. Eggman, but Sonic would probably be added instead for the sake of the casual audience.

Also, do any of you think competitive Puyo will be a big thing here in the West?

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
I can't help but feel that for casuals, SONIC would be a more "all-including" choice. Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see Dr. Eggman, but Sonic would probably be added instead for the sake of the casual audience.

Also, do any of you think competitive Puyo will be a big thing here in the West?
Split the difference, Sonic AND Eggman as a little side Story, complete with the PP characters getting annoyed when the two refer to "Mean Beans"

Notshane

Smash Ace
Split the difference, Sonic AND Eggman as a little side Story, complete with the PP characters getting annoyed when the two refer to "Mean Beans"
Tbh, I think I'd rather it just be Robotnik since Sonic technically wasn't in Mean Bean Machine. I know that's risque, but it does make sense to me to not include Sonic in the crossover. Or, at the very most, he's in the cutscenes, but not playable. If we are going to be faithful to MBM, that would be the right thing to do.

If we are simply crossing over Sonic characters altogether, then we should use Eggman's modern design, as opposed to his Robotnik look in that game, and leave the origin of the beans behind.

And it makes more sense since for the first option since Arle was indeed credited in the original Puyo Puyo at the end simply cause she was quite obviously in the cast. And Sonic was not credited at all, so it would make sense to assume he wasn't in the game behind the fourth wall. And if he was in the game, he would've for sure been credited.

Last edited:

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Too hard to tell.

We just got a major tournament coming in AnimeEVO. I bet that it will be small at first, but grow after enough people watch the tournament.

Not to mention there are already a growing amount of non-Japanese Puyo experts based on what I've ran into, and not just Elu.

AwesomeAussie27

Banned via Warnings
NNID
AwesomeAussie27
3DS FC
4141-6335-9472
Switch FC
SW-6214-0583-2914
Hey guys, what do you think the odds are of Amitie and Ringo being alt. skins for Arle?
I say it's possible. Especially if they would want to throw those fans a bone.

But given how Sega gave Sonic few alt options (Metal Sonic being a big one), I doubt it's that likely.

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
So a big balance patch is coming to Puyo Puyo Tetris soon.

Tetris is about to get nerfed hard. :troll:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
So a big balance patch is coming to Puyo Puyo Tetris soon.

Tetris is about to get nerfed hard. :troll:
In case no one noticed, PPT got insanely great reception at AnimEVO. Seriously, people are considering making it an Esports title. It's crazy!

BTW, guess who's joining Puyo Puyo Quest on the last week of July? (BTW, 7* characters will be a thing in Quest starting in August, as well as a hint at 8* characters)

On an additional note, I'm SHOCKED I haven't brought this up yet, but a week and a half ago, I FINALLY got to play Puyo Puyo Tetris at my local GameStop!

Well, granted, it was the demo, but EVERYONE (as in ALL 24 characters) were playable from the very beginning, so I'm still counting it.

That being said, I finally see why PPT is so addictive to those who've either never played Dr. Robotnik's M.B.M./Kirby's Avalanche or played an ACTUAL Puyo Puyo game with the original cast intact. I was making chains as Arle and Carbuncle, Amitie, and Ringo like it was no one's business. However, for the strangest reason, when I did a 4-player match as Suketoudara against Draco, Witch, and Schezo/Ecolo, I was getting wrecked so hard...It got worse when I did Maguro/Arle and Carbuncle/Ringo vs. Rulue (Darn Exploding Knee...), and Risukuma vs. Satan (Ascension. That's all I'll say).

Still, the most fun I've had with a puzzle game in so long. Heck, it's the first console Tetris game I've played in nearly 10 years. BTW, can I just say that Big Bang mode is surprisingly fun? Cause it really is.

Last edited:

Yomi's Biggest Fan

See You Next Year, Baby
NNID
Takamaru64
3DS FC
1375-7346-9605
Switch FC
SW-8277-6509-2593
I guess it's time to tag Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming since he would like this.

It's cool that Sakura Wars gets more love, even in Puyo Puyo.

And I agree, Big Bang Mode is one of my favorites.

Last edited:

smashkirby

Smash Hero
Yeah, I saw that. Now does it have any Sakura Wars music?
To be fair, the Sonic collab from earlier this year used Escape from the City (and other Adventure/Dreamcast-era music), and if my memory serves me right, I'm pretty sure at least ONE Sonic CD song was used. Can't remember if it was a You Can Do Anything remix, or Stardust Speedway, but something was used.

My point is, there's a VERY likely chance we're going to get some Sakura Wars music from the collab next week, so no need to worry, Capybara Gaming Capybara Gaming .

I'll admit, I'm a bit sad that SW seems to be relegated to crossover appearances these days, but personally, I'll take what I can get. Heck, it's not like Puyo Puyo got THAT much love outside of Japan anyways, prior to PPT's Western release...

Top Bottom