• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
cool sig Chamber, It looks nice. I vould have been working on one but my computer is fuycked. Oh well.

dcanada_06

Smash Rookie
i have not played smash in like a thousand years. now i want to play some more.

Chamberlin, that message was not an angry message. Just in case youre wondering.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
yeah the mom jokes.....uh that was me. yeah even if you guys don't come to the biweeklies it would be cool if you guys(8-bit+Desperado) come and play with us in LR.
Sorry for hating on your mom 8-bit.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
ok people! Im up for smashing with anyone friday night, sat day and going to the biweekley. I need to pratice some before this one.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Don't worry about it. Like I said it was funny. Now, let's get serious. We need a super-crew. I'm really sorry that we might not make it to any of the biweeklies for INNsomnia, but that is in Memphis, and we live in the Russelville area, so it's like a 4 or 5 hour drive at best. But if you could get something going in Little Rock, there's a really good chance we could make that. Any way, the Atlantic South, much less Arkansas, isn't very well respected in the world of smash. It's partly our fault, since as a state we tend to be fairly intrusive. But we have a lot of talent. Given the chance, I'm sure that talent will blossom and give birth to a crew on par with Deadly Alliance or DBR. So let's do it. Let's take it to the next level. When I said was an ambitious smasher, I wasn't kidding around. Please take this into consideration: Let's throw out our previous affiliations, your STFU and our Vendetta Nation. Let us give rise to an all-encompassing AR super-crew. At this time I only have three really good smashers: myself, Desperado, and Blink. Let's combine forces to take the entire world of smash by storm. Just an idea, but whatever.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Yeah another thing, those "underground tournaments" we told you about were very small scale. so there wasn't really a lot of talent there, I won't lie to you. Well I won't lie to you that much. Don't cut down everything I say, I mean yeah we haven't been to any "real" tournaments, but that doesn't mean we're not any good. Quite the contrary. I'll just tell you, I'm real, Desperado is real (and maybe he'll start posting now), and Blink, who you haven't really heard about yet, is real. Blink is three years younger than me and Desperado. He's actually Desperado's younger brother. He uses Link and occasionally Doc. He's prolly the least talented of us, but I'd say he's better than Skye, whoever that was.

Y

Young Master Vivi

Um. You guys seem pretty serious. I hope you're good. I'm really good, and I know it.

Name- Jonathon L.
Nickname- Trance
Town- Harrison, AR
Characters- Marth, IC, Puff

8Bit

Smash Cadet
No, I don't know who this guy is. If he's confident enough to use IC, he's either really good or really bad.

Y

Young Master Vivi

I bet I'm good enough to kick your *** you smart-mouthed *******. That goes for the rest of you *****es. Trance is top tier!

8Bit

Smash Cadet
What the Hell?! This guy makes me look subtle. Look Trance, you can't just come in here and talk trash when nobody knows who the Hell you are! Wait a minute, why does that sound so familiar?

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Dang guy, I think you made me cry. I put up with guys saying how much they hate me and that I'm a 13-year-old girl whose mom gives handjobs in Hell, but you're just a ********. When did AR get so tooth and nail?

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
Lvl9- I'm not doing anything on Friday, not sure if you are willing to drive down to myplace or not but I could offer you a place to crash till the bi-weekly (Which I could drive to and save you some gas mileage.) On Saturday though I am moving stuff to my new house and I don't know how long I am going to be doing that but I've got a couple of other friends to help my family with that as well, don't think we are moving heavy stuff just lots of boxes so its not gonna be that big of a deal. (And you get to see my awesome new house rofl.)

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Seriously who the F is Trance?! Someone is toying with me dammit! If this is one of you guys trying to give me a taste of my own medicine, then alright I get it, let's move on. Let's get back to the AR super-crew idea. We've got the talent, or at the very least the makings of talent, so let's go out there and make a name for ourselves.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
im sorry 8 Bit but Team STFU is uber. You guys can join our crew (after we meet and play you of course) but i dont think we should dissolve STFU for people we havent even met yet. Im not saying we shouldnt all join up but seperate crews also adds some competiton to the area.
-Saberguy- I dont think im going to drive way out there after work friday. Why dont your parents just move to little rock. They know they want to.( side note) you could drive here i have nobed for you but you can have your own room :)

SaberPrime

Smash Journeyman
I might do that, we might not even be moving stuff on Sat so I may get to. I would prolly be staying up there for the whole weekend though lol, I don't wanna drive my car back and forth and back from the INN.

shroom

Smash Cadet
Execute I'll see you at four. I might come a little early because I really have nothing to do after about 2:30.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Alright then, if it's competition you want, it's competition you'll get. If you want to cling to your STFU, that's fine. We'll crush you.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Here we go...

Seriously who the F is Trance?! Someone is toying with me dammit! If this is one of you guys trying to give me a taste of my own medicine, then alright I get it, let's move on. Let's get back to the AR super-crew idea. We've got the talent, or at the very least the makings of talent, so let's go out there and make a name for ourselves.
You know 8bit, don't take this personally. I don't want to sound like I'm picking on you, but dude, I'm not stupid. You defiantly made that account, or had someone do it for you. The evidence is overwhelming. First off, he joined this month, which is just 5 days young; secondly, he only has two posts, both of which are in this thread. Also, he just comes in acting like a *** and you heroically reply to each of his posts in less then three minutes. Add to this the fact that you kept bringing him up even after the subject changed and his profile contains no information whatsoever, in addition to the fact Trance never felt the need to show up after he served his purpose and it doesn’t look to good for you.

I've been around the net enough to know when someone’s using dual accounts to look better. If nothing else, you must admit that it’s fishy.

I'm really sorry that we might not make it to any of the biweeklies for INNsomnia, but that is in Memphis, and we live in the Russelville area, so it's like a 4 or 5 hour drive at best. But if you could get something going in Little Rock, there's a really good chance we could make that.
It's only 178 miles between Memphis and Russelville. That's three hours on a bad day.

Anywho, I've decided against starting up a tourney in Little Rock. After attending the Biweeklies, I don't really feel the need. They're just what I wanted, plus 100 times better executed. But if someone else wants to start up a local tourney, I'll be there.

Any way, the Atlantic South, much less Arkansas, isn't very well respected in the world of smash. It's partly our fault, since as a state we tend to be fairly intrusive. But we have a lot of talent. Given the chance, I'm sure that talent will blossom and give birth to a crew on par with Deadly Alliance or DBR. So let's do it. Let's take it to the next level. When I said was an ambitious smasher, I wasn't kidding around. Please take this into consideration: Let's throw out our previous affiliations, your STFU and our Vendetta Nation. Let us give rise to an all-encompassing AR super-crew.
I really agree with you here. But, at the risk of sounding like I'm pimping my own crew, wouldn't it be easier for yall to join ours after we all play each other? STFU is the bigger one.

I just had to change it 'cause apparently because Seifer uses a jacked-up spelling of scythe...

Other than that, I think it's nice.
I think my spelling is cool. At least that's what my mommy told me.

But yeah, I really like the sig. It's simple, but had the no frills feel. I shall be adopting it too.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
But yeah, I really like the sig. It's simple, but had the no frills feel. I shall be adopting it too.
It you could make a more "frilly" one, that would be cool. I just don't have the software/skills to make a better one. As for now, I'll just use this easy-bake sig I made in MS Paint lol.

Oh yeah... I prefer to "cling to my STFU". We don't need a thousand people in one crew anyways. Plus, I don't wanna hate, but we've never even played with anyone in Russelville before... As for your crew crushing us??? Don't make me laugh. Lol. Oh look you made me laugh... ;)

Besides, it's more fun to have separated crews, that way there's more friendly competition anyway. I.E. Crew Battles.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
8-bit even if you have advanced techniques down and fine tuned there is no way that your crew can be better than ours simply because playing the same people all the time has a negative affect on your ability to mindgame at least that is what i have learned every time i go to a tournament.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
BMWfalco, that is an astoundingly true statement. It is impossible for anyone to argue that, and it shows how veteran a smasher you are. And I was just messing with you when I said "we would crush you," I think that in all seriousness we would have a pretty good match-up. But listen, there is a big difference in six smashers and a thousand smashers. I've looked at what everyone has said, and I think have an idea that will suffice all parties. I've dubbed it the Arkansas Smash Coalition. Let me explain. It is a state-wide crew consisting not of individual members, but of seperate crews. So you would remain Team STFU, but you as a crew would be part of a larger body. So then you ask why? AR is not a very big state population-wise. Even smaller is its population of active hardcore gamer, much less smashers. This is mainly why we aren't held in very high regard in the world of smash. So by creating this coalition, we are able to maintain the competition within the state, but we would represent the same group on a national scale. By keeping seperate crews within a crew, we foster friendly but active competition. This makes us become far more powerful both as individuals and a crew. It also could be a vessel to increase interest in competitive gaming in our state. Right now we probably have only about 12 people that could seriously compete. Our coalition could expand that. You would keep all of your independant powers as a crew; recruiting members, finding and/or arranging tournys, and training concurrent members. Then we can do this: organize and populate a massive dual tournament, both held in Little Rock, if that's agreeable. The first is the Inter-Coalition Tournament, obviously held among members of the Coalition. The second and grandest is the Atlantic South Regional Tournament, operated and organized by the members of the Coalition. We can come together to become the greatest force in the world of smash. There aren't any downsides to this guys, so be with me here. Come on, let's let bygones be bygones and become true champions.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Seriously, I'm not Trance! I've made dual accounts before (not here mind you, I would never think of disgracing smashboards with so heinous a crime), but this time it isn't me!
Definitely not helping your defense.

Look, when I came in here trash talking, it was to catch attention and spark the forum.
So, not only do you have a history of making multiple accounts, but you also have a history of starting ****?

I did that, I'm done with the trash talking, I have no reason to form a seperate identity to clear my name.
Except to make yourself look better.

It is just as reasonable and fishy to assume that someone else created the pseudonym of Trance to harass me without remorse.

That's a bit narcissistic, isn't it? Someone took the time to create the account, lay careful evidence to make it look like a dual account, and insult everyone in the thread, just to bother you?

Note that the primary insult made by Trance was against me.
Yeah, because no one would ever suspect you if you insulted yourself. It's fool proof!

If I had created Trance, I can assure you, I would have primarily insulted the rest of you, and then had dear 8Bit come to your defense.
Which is what you did.

Insulting myself and then defending myself serves no purpose, it is both foolish and futile.
You're telling me.

It you could make a more "frilly" one, that would be cool. I just don't have the software/skills to make a better one. As for now, I'll just use this easy-bake sig I made in MS Paint lol.
Well, I have Adobe Photoshop, but I suck with it. If you want, I could get you a crack of it.

Oh yeah... I prefer to "cling to my STFU". We don't need a thousand people in one crew anyways. Plus, I don't wanna hate, but we've never even played with anyone in Russelville before... As for your crew crushing us??? Don't make me laugh. Lol. Oh look you made me laugh...

Besides, it's more fun to have separated crews, that way there's more friendly competition anyway. I.E. Crew Battles.
I, personally, like the idea of a super crew a bit better. But I can totally see where you're coming from. This way probably would be more fun.

lvl9

Smash Journeyman
8 Bit you type way too much man. Your "Jihad" methods of trying to get in our crew are not going to work :) All you have to do is play us, show that you arent a total douche as a person, show everyone how much you have to learn about smash and youre pretty much in. :) its eassy

-Seif I want a copy of photoshop please. I am verry good at it.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Alright fine I fess up. I'm Trance. But I didn't do it to try and clear my name, I just like stirring up controversy Andy Kaufman style. Sorry guys, but I had to get that outta my system. ****, you're pretty sharp SeiferSythe, you broke down all of my post, you're my god**** boy son! I was gonna use Trance to reveal my true identity via a link to youtube with my crew's combo vids, but you ruined it. I beg your forgiveness as a poor and humble sinner. I hope you guys don't think to bad of me for it. I still want to form this idea of a coalition. Maybe if you guys ever get to meet me in person, you'll understand me better. I just have this problem about stirring up trouble on message boards, but I'm done with it I promise. Geez. Alright so here's a little about me, the real me. My name is Josh, and I'm from the smallest town on the face of the earth, Scranton. Right now I'm a freshman at AR Tech. If you want (but I can't imagione why you would after I was such a ****) you can find me on facebook or myspace. My last name is Rhinehart. And if you couldn't tell, I'm pretty loudmouthed and long winded. I hope to really meet you guys as soon as possible, and as friends, not enemies.

chamberlin

Smash Ace
8-BIT- I don't wanna be a ****, but you might wanna stop doing 2 posts every time you get on to try to increase your post count...

It's just normal forum manners.

8Bit

Smash Cadet
Oh I'm not trying to do that, I just tried to cut down the post since I have so much to say ("loudmouthed and long winded"). If I didn't my posts would take up like the whole page. I mean I only have 64 posts, so if I was really concerned with my number I'd have done a lot more already. I really only post in this thread, its the only one that can really catch my attention anymore. Plus I just love you guys, you're like the coolest people on the planet. Or at least in AR.

Seifersythe

Smash Apprentice
Long overly complicated idea
It's a neat concept, but nothing is particularly wrong with just having separate crews from the same state. We're all on friendly terms here, and making something "Officially official" doesn't really change anything.

Alright fine I fess up. I'm Trance. But I didn't do it to try and clear my name; I just like stirring up controversy Andy Kaufman style.

I hope to really meet you guys as soon as possible, and as friends, not enemies.
If you really mean that you'll cut this kinda crap out. I'm not hard to get along with, and neither is the rest of the crew, but stuff like this just grinds on everyone's nerves; which I'm sure was your point in the first place. Honestly, you really come off as being a lonely guy in need of attention. :/

Sorry about another long *** post lvl9, I'll try and limit myself from now on.
You don't have to write short posts, but it would help a bit if you broke it into paragraph form and spaced it out a bit. Makes things easier on the eyes.

8-BIT- I don't wanna be a ****, but you might wanna stop doing 2 posts every time you get on to try to increase your post count...

It's just normal forum manners.
Edit button for the win.

BMWfalco

Smash Apprentice
word.........that is the mother f***** word seifersythe. (tear) you are my hero!!!
and 8-bit i actually decided to stop hating on you about 2 pages ago but here is some advice pick your battles because seifersythe is probly one of the smartest in our group but SKYE is one of the most talented in our group so please don't try to put him down anymore because seifersythe tends to call people out on some BullSHt

chamberlin

Smash Ace
Lol, there's been so much more drama since 8-bit and the new people from Little Rock started posting. But that's ok, I like a spicy thread. Makes my time at work much less boring. :)

Top Bottom