• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arkansas Smashers Chat

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
LOL

A very real issue for college-bound males. Unless you're an abrasive ******* who sexes up your girl while your roommate is on his computer!!

I wasn't even asleep or anything :glare:

Yeah I'm talking about you Will, don't act like I didn't see that frosty top slip into the room.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
The best thing about DC is how organic the community (and city) feels. There's a real sense of brotherhood among the respective camps, plus a lot of impromptu hero & villain wars all over the place. Two lvl 30 douche heroes killed me twice at a quest point, but the third time I went there were 6 other villains waiting on them. Twas satisfying. Then a big like 10 v 10 went down in a random vacant lot. Villains won of course ;)

Whatchu guys think about this?

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Man I'm glad you guys are getting into DC. I loved that game. I've already had my fun with it I suppose though.

And about the flights, I like the one that puts me back at about 10:30am in the morning, but my problem is now the getting back all by myself. I'm not so sure that I will be very confident in finding a bus, riding it an hour(while staying awake so as not to get robbed) and getting to the airport and being able to logically and coherently think, from what I assume will be extreme sleep deprivation.

Nothing a little before arrival in LR at 10:30 though Adam?

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
Man I'm glad you guys are getting into DC. I loved that game. I've already had my fun with it I suppose though.

And about the flights, I like the one that puts me back at about 10:30am in the morning, but my problem is now the getting back all by myself. I'm not so sure that I will be very confident in finding a bus, riding it an hour(while staying awake so as not to get robbed) and getting to the airport and being able to logically and coherently think, from what I assume will be extreme sleep deprivation.

Nothing a little before arrival in LR at 10:30 though Adam?
10:30 is as early as I can find. There's a flight that arrives at 12 if you want something a little later.

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I'm level 13 going on 30.

same here. 4-6 hours a day was average for my whole freshman year.

now it's closer to 2-3 hours a week, if I play at all.
Sounds familiar. Back in ye olden times of maths and sciences, 6-8 hours a day was around the average. 15+ on Fridays and Saturdays. Granted, back then that was my sole release from school, but still. How things have changed :(

-mostly unrelated thought-
This came back to me just now: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OEBZkWkkdZA&feature=related. There really is an awfully short supply of conviction in today's society. And it's not just the trolls who create a distance between themselves and what they say. Like, everyone loves to throw around controversial/arguable statements in conversation. Do most people have any intention of backing that **** up? Heeell no, and you better not expect them to :bee: Basically, no one cares to defend themselves and questions those who do. Even when people do engage in argument (the real kind, not insult fests), many give up halfway because they're "done with it." And most of the time, that's not because the argument has run its course. It's probably just a defense mechanism since so many fall back on it. At least in my experience, sweeping an issue under the rug doesn't solve anything and leaves the bad blood to simmer below the surface. It still comes out in snide thoughts and behind-the-back comments. Talking things through feels sooo much more effective, but almost no one is willing to without getting their ego involved and calling it quits. Sure you gain temporary peace, but at what expense? (I am not faultless, just trying to share some thoughts on the subject.)

God, imagine the treatment Socrates would get these days.

G. Vice

Smash Lord
Guys, I don't think I'm going to be able to make this tournament.

By the time you factor in Adam having to buy my ticket, the fact that I'll have to wake up at 3:30am to get on a bus in New Jersey and ride back ALL the way by myself and get on a plane and fly back just to land(not to mention I'll have to pay to have my car sitting at the airport so I can have transportation when I get back to Little Rock) and I would have missed some huge football games including ARKANSAS??

It's better if I just stay. Maybe when I have enough money and time to plan my own trip it'll happen.

Adam, save your money. Arby, wreck shop. I will miss you guys. And Arby, I'll still come over to help you prepare for it the week before.

AR_ACE

Smash Rookie
Sometimes being in the military sucks as far as making plans and sticking to them... They cancel my leave to send me tdy during the timeframe of the tournament -_-

:phone:

Raven_Knight

Smash Rookie
siiiiiiggggh

Jason can't go anyway, so it's looking like just the three of us.
I really really really really really want to go

Really

Buuuuuuuuuuutttttttttt
The GRE studying + 250 dollars for house/dog sitting = :foreveralone:

Don't worry I'll get adam good enough to get out of pools :awesome: So I can shine through him:cool:

chamberlin

Smash Ace
My girlfriend got me Skyward Sword for my Christmas(I am a very blessed individual).

It's got a great feel so far. Everything from the gameplay, style, and music has been great. Mayhaps it's going to be as good as some people say :o

G. Vice

Smash Lord
My girlfriend got me Skyward Sword for my Christmas(I am a very blessed individual).

It's got a great feel so far. Everything from the gameplay, style, and music has been great. Mayhaps it's going to be as good as some people say :o

This puts me in quite the predicament because I just got Skyward Sword for Christmas from Jones and was fixing to come and get my Wii...

VTS never got yours back did he? :/

G. Vice

Smash Lord
No he did not. You can take your Wii back since it's yours after all

wellllllllllll

I'm kinda the reason you don't have one.

I'm not going to be in town much this week anyway, so play your heart out and whenever you get done I'll get it. I'm really not in too big of a rush bro.

Merry Christmas! And wow, that must be some g/f you got there :)

chamberlin

Smash Ace
wellllllllllll

I'm kinda the reason you don't have one.

I'm not going to be in town much this week anyway, so play your heart out and whenever you get done I'll get it. I'm really not in too big of a rush bro.

Merry Christmas! And wow, that must be some g/f you got there :)
Thank you, and yes indeed she is amazing!

arbustos

Smash Journeyman
I just did three days of family, so the next week is given over to school friends. Wednesday we're going camping (aka a bunch of people are getting drunk), and Friday-Sunday is going to be a birthday party for me and another guy (aka a bunch of people are getting drunk - a lot). With stuffs in between. So not much DC probably, and definitely no smash. I'm getting back on Sunday, so we can play then. Well, maybe not that day exactly since I'll need recuperation time.

off to beeed

Heh, three of us got a video game for Christmas. Childhood strikes back.

Also, it turns out my great-aunt compiled a full genealogy of my line back to 1559 when the Huguenots first arrived in North Carolina. I'm getting an electronic copy because it's like 1000 pages long. Anyway, an interesting tidbit came out of this. Although the Huguenots left from France, they were themselves immigrants (or at least my ancestors were). Where were they from, I imagine you asking? Weeeeell...... Czechoslovakia! My true heritage is revealed at last, though it is quite lame. I mean, czech out Vts. I could be related to that.

The March Hare

Smash Cadet
The Curlin family dates back to the Lord of Thanet, John Curling about 14 ce.

Ok guys, I have 3 days of doing nothing. We need to do some serious dc universe playing.
I'll be off and on. The relative stuff is still continuing for me. So many branches of my family don't speak to each other we have to visit each one in turn.

Vts

Smash Champion
grrr, i'm really salty right now ><, but i shouldn't be. told the girl i had a crush on if it's worth it and she said no.

hate myself right now for doing what i always say not to, getting hopes up for something

w/e screw it done with it, just going to make every girl a friend unless they want a relationship done looking for now, will look when school's done

Vts

Smash Champion
pfft, it's worse for the gays, less gays than girls lol.

Really screwed up opening up again and dating rachel. Now loneliness is so much heavier on me, should have just held on to my memories until i finished school and then tried to date someone.

can't believe i'm even saying these words, but i hate life right now.

Vts

Smash Champion
you guys.
go to apex.

vts: If u need someone to talk to im usually around

it's really not much better -_-
thanks strong bad, i may take you up on that offer.

yeah gay's have it super rough.

idk how you guys do it sometimes, well i know how you do it sex wise but not dating wise lol

we are going to apex, think we have spare spot in our room if you don't have a place to crash you can sleep with me cus arby/adam might be scared to sleep with a gay guy lol

Top Bottom