• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Arizona 64 smash tourny!

The Star King

Smash Hero
Somehow, I'm not very disappointed.

Besides, I could always be like, "Lol NoVA has 2 Backroom members/A-tier level players Virginia rulz!!!!111!11"

Sangoku

Smash Master
I didn't know console teams lagged O_o. I've never played any since I've never had enough controllers lol.

In what way is offline emulator not good compared to console (genuinely asking, not trolling)? Because of occasional lag (almost never happen to me I don't think)?

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Controller adapters aren't perfect. That's the main thing for me at least. I feel like it runs smoother on console too but I'm not sure as I haven't played offline emulator in a while.

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
2v2 on console sucks (crazy lag for sure)
Go back to my post on page 2 of this thread and check those Youtube videos of 2v2s being played on console. it runs smooth, there is no "crazy lag" that everyone seems to be talking about.

The Star King

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it's just my imagination (like when I expect food to taste bad, and so it does, God I hate that), but I think those videos were like at 55 FPS lol

Not lag spikes, but a lower FPS.

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Go back to my post on page 2 of this thread and check those Youtube videos of 2v2s being played on console. it runs smooth, there is no "crazy lag" that everyone seems to be talking about.
1st off, change to 40 posts per page man!

2nd, I'm watching the video on Dreamland and I can see the lag (yes Star King you are correct). There can be lag spikes too btw if enough stuff happens on the screen.

Plus I've played 2v2 on console and there is lag.

MMZJSFMMX10MM

Smash Cadet
Here is just an update on the people that I know that may go:
I will go to this.
My room mate, JD will probably go.
My other room mate David will probably have to work.
My friend Stephen will go if he doesn't have to work.

So I am probably bringing myself and one other for sure and then others may come. I plan on telling my brother about this too. I haven't played 64 Smash in years, but this should be fun. :)

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Buy-in changed to $5 a person and $10 per team! This is mainly because I'm trying to get more of my friends to go and they think my smash tournaments are plots to make money off them. (There will still be cash game opportunities on the side)

Jackie

Smash Journeyman
Hey Ben, I'm the Tucson guy that came to the one a couple Decembers ago, I'll see if I can get work off to come again.

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Hey Ben, I'm the Tucson guy that came to the one a couple Decembers ago, I'll see if I can get work off to come again.
Sweet! Ya request off as soon as you can and if you know any other smashers from Tucson be sure to let them know too! Hope you can make it

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
Oh and if you guys wanna come early theres a BBQ going on as well...Grills, Kegs, and Beerpong.

BBQ starts @ 11am
Smash Tourney still starts @ 1pm

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
HEY BOYS n GIRLS this tournament won't start until 7 PM Sunday, May 15th!!!

REPEAT: This tournament STARTS @ 7 PM !!!

I realized its more fun playing Smash tournaments once the sun is down and more people are able to come at that time compared to 1pm..

MMZJSFMMX10MM

Smash Cadet
One of my friends says he can make it, but he wouldn't be able to get there until 7:30. Would he be able to make singles or just doubles?

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
GGs guys. I feel so lame that I couldn't stay or enter in the tournament. It was worth the hour of friendlies and seeing everyone for sure!

Nice seeing you again Jackie. It has been way too long.

I am uploading the vids of the Ben vs Nate match. Will post links after. Also what were the results of the entire tournament? Ben are you still sleeping?:143: <-- Ben

b-rex

Smash Apprentice
1 vs 1 Results

1st Place - TheRealColtMaster
2nd Place - B-Rex
3rd Place - L0gan

2 vs 2 Results

1st Place - B-Rex / L0gan
2nd Place - ColtMaster / Ben D.
3rd Place - Matt T. / Mike S.

way too many careless mistakes in the 1v1s...

ballin4life

Smash Hero
Well I was actually in Phoenix sunday so I wish I had been able to go ... but on the other hand I was busy rafting and getting sunburned to all hell

Anyway, Arizona is ****ing awesome so I'm going to try to return soon and maybe we can play then.

TheFooL

Smash Cadet
Yeah, good games to everyone I played. Lots of fun, hope there's another tournament soon.

dookdigity

Smash Journeyman
dookdigity, I think we played several friendlies. They were enjoyable. :D
Which person were you? I was the stinky guy who came straight from the airport that smelled of sweat, jet fuel, and talk smack the whole time while not entering the tournament!

Yes that was fun. Who was the guy who came alone and had the gold N64 controller? He said he didn't have an account so I hope he sees this and makes an account. I want to buy his controller!

TheFooL

Smash Cadet
Who was the guy who came alone and had the gold N64 controller? He said he didn't have an account so I hope he sees this and makes an account. I want to buy his controller!
Haha, that was my friend Max. I dont think he'll part with it willingly, but I'll let him know ;)

Top Bottom