• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

argument with friend pichu vs sheik chaingrab

knightpraetor

Smash Champion
so my friend says that you can just switchup di and get out of sheik's chaingrab..while my own experience against him and at tourneys suggests you have plenty of time to react to their trajectory and chaingrab.

so what i'm wondering is maybe pichu is hard to chaingrab..he cites plairnkk vs chu dat matches in which plairnkk repeatedly fails to chaingrab chu dat much.

another question is if you di up it does affect trajectory right because the dthrow isn't straight up and has a horizontal component...i'm wondering if chu dat di's up so that he can jump out early especially if the sheik is a few frames late because of his reaction time? but in that case sheik could still just tilt to aerial..but technically that shouldn't be necessary if the sheik is fast enough? anyways, am i wrong on this?

edit: up is the best direction to di if you plan to jump out? which way will you give you the best frame advantage..or earliest jump out time as compared to the sheik's grab time

mood4food77

Smash Hero
pichu cannot escape sheik's CG

no character can, unless that character can't be CGed

T0MMY

Smash Master
plairnkk isn't that great, so don't cite that as proof of anything.
The golden rule is Pichu will get destroyed in any situation no matter what. Even ******** two year olds will beat the best Pichu players. Hahaha.

N64

Smash Champion
pika can escape shiek's chaingrab at around 70-80%, but not at any time before as long as you're on flat ground and the shiek isn't bad. I assume it's the same for pichu, or he might have to wait even longer till he can get out. The problem, however, is that once you get to the percentage where you can DI out, shiek usually has a way to kill you from that position. If you DI in front of her or up, she can usually (ftilt to) fair you. If you DI behind, usmash or uair. Pretty much any of those will kill you as well. Against good shieks, it's usually best to DI towards the nearest edge and try to DI away and down on the last throw (or away and up if she ftilts you after it) to try to avoid the fair at all costs. If you're on uneven terain you can escape the chainthrow faster by teching on higher ground or DIing away and up over lower ground and jumping asap.

Again, this is all pika knowledge, i'm just assuming from the limited practice i've had with pichu that it applies to him as well.

Anther

Smash Champion
btw N64 that's when you take the opportunity to stare at the sheik player with as much hatred as you can muster. It increases the odds so much its ridiculous.
If you're feeling really intimidating you could jump at them, see if you can get'em to flinch.

RL mindgames ftw.

phish-it

Smash Champion
The truth is, what player would actually want to humiliate themselves by having to resort to chaingrabbing a pichu.

With Sheik of all characters...

mood4food77

Smash Hero
well, i think ICs would...cause that's all they do

maybe the marios too

i know ganon doesn't need it, neither does falcon

g&w...maybe

Tristan_win

Not dead.
The truth is, what player would actually want to humiliate themselves by having to resort to chaingrabbing a pichu.

With Sheik of all characters...
Because picku can be quicker then Sheik at times and also because of her small size he can be harder to hit with the fair.

T0MMY

Smash Master
Sheik is cool.
At SF:E I used Sheik and chain-grabbed Master of Chu (Pikachu player), 0-death'd him and 4-stocked him just so I could make the loss that much quicker and less painful X^)
He's a die-hard Pikachu main, so the best way to learn how to fight Sheiks is to go all-out against one until he learns not to get grabbed.

Top Bottom