• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Argue YOUR final roster!

NukeA6

Smash Master
My final roster:

Returning:

1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Yoshi
6. Donkey Kong
7. Link
8. Zelda
9. Ganondorf
10. Kirby
11. Ness
12. Mr. Game and Watch
13. Marth
14. Captain Falcon
15. Samus
16. Fox McCloud
17. Pikachu
18. Jigglypuff
19. Mewtwo

Confirmed New Challengers:

20. Zero Suit Samus
21. Metaknight
22. Pit
23. Wario
24. Solid Snake

Guessed characters(with reasons):

25. Diddy Kong:
Second major character in the DK series and very popular. He has also appeared on a Mario Kart game which means he's not property of RARE. Why wasn't he a trophy in Melee?

26. Balloon Fighter:
Was originally gonna be in Melee but the Ice Climbers took his spot. Sakurai may decide to put him in this time.

27. Nabooru:
Well, she really doesn't have high chance; I just want her in. It is very likely though that there will be another Zelda character.

28. King DeDeDe:
A major character in the Kirby series and he is one of the most wanted characters for Brawl right now (it used to be Metaknight and Wario).

29. Claus/Lucas:
Mother 3 is the rage in Japan. There's a good chance either one will make an appearance.

30. Sigurd:
He's the most popular lord in Japan. Nuff said.

31. Lyn or Ayra:
Lyn is very popular internationally (absolutely crazy if you been to the Nsider forum) and Ayra is the most popular female in Japan.

32. Samurai Goroh:
One of the original 5 of the F-zero series and is Falcon's rival.

33. Ridley:
A recurring villian in the Metroid series and popular as well. And no he's not too big for Melee. Remember that Kirby is only 8 inches tall. And to those who don't want him just because he's a boss, lell me why you want Ganon? He's only been a boss in every game he's appeared in.

34. Some Pokemon (I hope Scizor, Deoxys, Heracross, Hitmonlee, or any non-cute Pokemon):
Most likely another Pokemon will be added in.

35. Lip:
Panel de Pon was all the rage in Japan (in U.S.A., it's Tetris Attack and it was one of the most bought games of the year). The game also came out on GameCube everywhere. Also, Lip's stick was an item and Kirby transforms into a Panel de Pon block with his Down B move. There should be good enough chance for her to have an appearance.

36. Ray 01:
Custom Robo is a popular game in Japan and we may see him. Besides, who doesn't think that robot looks cool?

37. Geno:
He's very popular and very highly demanded. Also Super Mario RPG is praised greatly by Nintendo fans.

38. Krystal:
She looks quite interesting and is a fighter. Also she would be quite original since she fights with a staff.

39. Sonic the Hedgehog:
The most wanted 3rd party character. Nuff said.

40. Fill this in with whatever you wish

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Well, you guys are doing an awesome job of keeping it interesting. I see a lot of common ideas that I do and don't agree with, but eh: to each his own :p

So I'm finally cracking down with my list of what I *THINK* will be the final roster. It's not a dream list by a longshot (my most wanted already got in [PIT!], and Meta-Knight, Armorless Samus, and Wario, who I also kept going "they would be mighty cool" appeared as well. Go fig :laugh:). But based on how I think Sakurai views this stuff, the polls, and the NSider forums, this is my final roster prediction...
(my personal faves are in pale green, to rip-off Resting Fox :p)

Confirmed
1.Mario
2. Kirby
3. Link (TP style)
4. Pikachu
5/6. Samus/Zamus
7. Pit
8. Meta-Knight
9. Wario (Ware style)
10. Solid Snake (MGS2 style)

Returning (not including clones)
11. Yoshi
12. Peach
13. Bowser
14. DK
15. Captain Falcon
16. Ness
17. Zelda, w/o Sheik (TP style; Sheik is likely NOT in TP)
18. Fox
19. Marth
20. JPuff
21. Luigi
22. Mewtwo
23. Ice Climbers

Melee's Clones (Luigified)
24. Young Link (WW style)
25. Falco (stays mostly the same, but his specials are altered ever so slightly more)

Other Newcomers
26. Little Mac (very popular in the West; very underrepresented franchise)
27. Takamaru (popular game in the East; unique swordfighter; requested 3x on poll with much praise)
28. Krystal (female; another Star Fox character; uses her staff, making her unique)
29. Dedede (another Kirby character; top requested character on poll; unique playstyle)
30. Diddy Kong (another DKC character; DK's sidekick, and arguably more popular than many of the other suggestions)
31. Ganondorf (very likely to return; will get an entirely new moveset, but probably keep his old stats)
32. Lucario (newest Tiered legendary in Pokemon; offers a more physical playstyle than Mewtwo; unique in the Pokemon World)
33. Jill (will offer unique gameplay being a small character in a heavy robot; brand new franchise, very popular)
34. Princess Kumatora (Mother 3 is insanely popular, and if they add another Mother/EB character, they will be from this game; unique female fighter, a good counterpart to Ness)

35. Ike (newest FE lord from a wildly popular game in both East and West)

Unsure
36. Isaac (Golden Sun belongs to Nintendo but is unrepresented; hero of the first game, more unique than other swordfighters)
37. Demiru (quirky, popular RPG game in Japan; would offer very original gameplay)
38. Stafy (insanely popular game series in Japan; would offer very original gameplay)
39. Sami (unrepresented, popular series in both East and West; female character)
40. Ridley (most popular Metroid character other than Samus; villain; requested a few times on the poll, and a lot by American fans)
41. Sukapon (weird character from Nintendo's first true fighting game; very original character with a unique playstyle)

Third Party Possibilities (only 1 or 2 actually make it)
42. Mega Man (Capcom is close to Nintendo, though not as close as everybody thinks. He is just about as "Nintendo" as some Nintendo characters, and is still confused as being a Nintendo property still to this day)
43. Simon Belmont (Started in Arcades and on the MSX, but moved the NES and brough the Castlevania series to the forefront. Is also mistakenly referred to as a Nintendo character for his strong presence in the NES days. Konami is already in agreement with Nintendo over Snake)
44. Bomberman (Started on the NES and still prominently features on Nintendo consoles. Hudson is selling their soul to get the TurboGrafx on the Virtual Console, and Bomberman is often ALSO confused for being a Nintendo property. Hudson is now a subsidiary of Konami)
45. Geno (Very popular Mario character who actually belongs to Square-Enix. He is tied for second place of most requested characters. Squeenix may let him in, considering they are not using him, and he recently cameoed in a GBA Mario RPG)

46. Sonic (Sega is also not as close to Nintendo as people want to believe. Yuji Naka recently left Sonic Team, and although Sonic Team likes the Wii, they are focusing on their other project for the PS3 and XBOX360. Sonic still may appear, considering his insane popularity against all odds, and the fan-created rivalry between him and Mario. If he were to appear, though chances are slim, he would create quite the buzz about this game)

I guess I should also mention I did a little mini-analysis out of boredom of each of the franchises already represented. I'll make a thread about that later on tonight; it's just what kinda characters I figure, using their logic, will make it. A sneak preview: Skull Kid is not the most likely Zelda addition, and look out for Kid Goroh and Princia Ramode :p

NukeA6

Smash Master
Someone please tell me who Stafy is and what game he came from. I feel like I'm the only one who doesn't know.

Ferro De Lupe

Smash Lord
I don't know about Jill or Stafy...

But Sami is from Advanced Wars: Dual Strike. It's my guess that Jill and Stafy are from previous versions of the game.

Stinkoman

Smash Apprentice
My roster.

Returning characters:
1. Mario
2. Dr. Mario
3. Luigi
4. Yoshi
5. Peach
6. Bowser
7. DK
8. Captain Falcon
9. Ganondorf
10. Fox
11. Falco
12. Ness
13. Kirby
14. Ice Climbers
15. Link
16. Zelda/Shiek
17. Young Link
18. Samus
19. Pikachu
20. Pichu
21. Jigglypuff
22. Mewtwo
23. Marth
24. Roy
(I never really liked GaW or his stage)

New characters already in Brawl
1. Pit
2. Meta-knight
3. Wario
4. Snake
5. Zero Suit Samus

My nintendo/3rd party characters:
1.Banjo/Kazooie
2. Geno
3. Issac/Felix
4. Diddy Kong
5. Ike
6. King Dedede
7. Sonic
8. Megaman
9. Viewtiful Joe
10. Krystal
11. Zero

That's about it. I hope at least one on my 3rd party will make it. *coughsoniccough* Nonetheless, I still want all the original Melee ppl in there, except G&W.

Phantom_Sonic

Smash Cadet
Lesse.

Mario
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi
Donkey Kong
Captin Falcon
Link
Zelda/Sheik
Fox
Ice Climbers
Ness
Kirby
Meta-Knight
Pikachu
Pit
Wario
Samus/ZS Samus
Jigglypuff
Luigi
Mewtwo
Snake
Sonic
Megaman
Falco
Ganondorf
Marth
Another FE character
Blaziken
Tom Nook
King Dedede
Lucario
Pichu
Luigi
Young Link
Mr. Game and Watch

I cna't think of any new characters outside of the ones I want and the ones already announced, but if this was the roster, I'd be content with the game.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Yoshi
5. Bowser
6. Wario
7. Link
8. Young Link - Now cell shaded, new moveset, same name
9. Zelda / Shiek
10. Ganondorf - New Moveset
11. Donkey Kong
12. Ness
13. Kirby
14. Metaknight
16. Samus / ZSsamus
17. Pikachu
18. Jigglypuff
19. Mewtwo
20. Captain Falcon
21. Marth
22. Roy (New Moveset)
23. Ice Climbers
24. Game & Watch
25. Fox
26. Falco
27. Pit
28. Snake
-------New Characters-----------------------------
29. Diddy Kong
30. King K.Rool
31. Ridley
32. Wolf O'Donnel
33. Krystal
34. Stafy
35. Dedede
36. Hector
37. Lyndis
38. Isaac
39. Meowth
40. Daisy
41. Jody Summer
42. Samurai Goroh
43. Paula
44. Flint
45. Laughing Dog
-------------Third Party-------------------------
46. Sonic
47. Geno
48. Bomberman
49. Megaman
50. Pacman

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
Uh... no. The Drill Dozer didn't tell you where she was from? Sorry guys v.v;; But if it was Jill from RE, I would've added "Valentine." Jill is from Drill Dozer, that brand new platformer Game Freak made for the GBA. It's the people that made Pokemon, and it's a really really fun and unique game. She would fit very, very well in Smash Bros., and since before Brawl was officially announced, I've been plugging her. A perfect advertisement and character addition from a new series.

Sami is just from the Advance Wars games, but not the Famicom Wars games. Famicom Wars has been around since the NES in Japan, but the only ones the US got were the GBA/DS versions, which have Sami.

Stafy is from Legend of Stafy, a now four game long series in Japan for the GBA/DS that's pretty darn popular. It almost came stateside, but they second-guessed it. Stafy has also cameoed in two Mario games so far: Mario and Luigi, and Super Princess Peach. He also crossed over with Wario in one of his games, so Nintendo means business with this character.

Jill

http://www.n-philes.com/games/GBA/GBA_screwbreaker/dozer01.jpg
http://www.gccafe.com/news/media/staff/Images/drilldozerart4.jpg

Sami

Stafy

Fox_Rocks

Smash Journeyman
My dream roster:

Mario Series
Mario
Luigi
Wario
Waluigi
Peach
Bowser
Yoshi

DK Series
DK
Diddy
Dixie

F-Zero Series
Captain Falcon
Samurai Goroh
Pico

Zelda Series
Link
Zelda
Ganondorf (w/sword)
WW Link

Metroid Series
Samus/Zamus
Ridley

Kirby Series
Kirby
Metaknight

Star Fox Series
Fox
Falco
Krystal
Wolf

Earthbound Series
Ness
Paula
Jeff

Pokemon Series
Pikachu
Jigglypuff
Mewtwo
Deoxys

Fire Emblem Series
Marth
Ike
Erika & Ephraim (IC style)
Saleh (we need a Sage)

Pikmin Series
Olimar
Louie

Classical Characters
Pit
Ice Climbers
Mr. Game & Watch
Mach Rider

New Series
Ray (Disaster: Day of Crisis)
M-09 (Project H.A.M.M.E.R.)

Third Parties
Snake
Sonic
Tails
Shadow
Bomberman

Yeah, I know, too many characters, but if the game was perfect, this would be the roster.

Oni Andrew

Smash Apprentice
It'd have all the so far confirmed characters, as well as:
- Lyn
- Eliwood
- Hector
- Eirika
- Ephraim
- Ike
Cut Marth and Roy, replace them with Eliwood and Hector. All the others would have original movelists.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
Eliwood sucks, he and Roy should be cut. Marth needs to stay in because he was the first Fire Emblem Lord, despite him looking like a woman. Here is my perfect list that's actually possible.

Mario characters
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Peach
4. Bowser
6. Yoshi

Wario Ware characters
7. Wario
8. Jimmy
9. Mona

Donkey Kong characters
10. Donkey Kong
11. Diddy Kong
12. King K. Rool

Kirby characters
13. Kirby
14. Metaknight
15. King DeDeDe

Fire Emblem characters
16. Marth
17. Hector
18. Lyn
19. Sigurd
20. Oguma

Legend of Zelda characters
21. Link
22. Zelda/Shiek
23. Ganondorf
24. Skull Kid

F-Zero characters
25. Captain Falcon
26. Samurai Goroh

Pikmin characters
27. Captain Olimar

Metroid characters
28. Samus/Zamus
29. Ridley

Star Fox characters
30. Fox
31. Krystal
32. Wolf

Earthbound/Mother characters
33. Ness
34. Paula
35. Jeff
36. Poo
37. Claus(Or Lucas, whoever was the star of Mother 3)

Pokemon
38. Pikachu
39. Jigglypuff
40. Meowth (Don't play pokemon anymore so I don't know the ones that are popular)

Classic characters
41. Pit
42. Mr. GAW
43. Little Mac
44. Lip(forgot about her, thanks NukeA6)

3rd Party characters (Sakurai has said only 1 or 2 more 3rd party characters will be added)
45. Sonic
46. Geno
47. Snake

Advance Wars characters
48. Sami
49. Andy
50. Rachel

Here, I think this should satisfy everyone who thinks realistically. I don't think there will be this many characters though. Let me summarize from what I have on my list.

Villains: 10
Females: 11(with Zelda & Sheik being one and same with Zamus and Samus)
Random characters who aren't good or bad: 7
Heros: 22

MDZ

Smash Journeyman
Armstrong B.C Canada. It's in the Okanagan, so if

====Returning Characters==== <---All clones have new movesets<---
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Yoshi
6. Donkey Kong
7. Captain Falcon
8. Fox
9. Ness
10. Ice Climbers
11. Kirby
12. Samus
13. Zelda/Shiek
14. Link
15. Pikachu
16. Dr. Mario
17. Ganondorf
18. Falco
19. Mewtwo
20. Marth
21. Roy
22. Metaknight

====Already Announced New Chars====
23. Pit
24. Snake
25. Zero Suit Samus
26. Wario

====New Characters(Nintendo)====

27. Toad
28. Krystal (Starfox)
29. Geno
30. Mallow
31. Waluigi
27. Skull Kid
32. King Dedede
33. Kamek
34. Wolf O'Donnell
35. Blood Falcon (Capt. Falcons evil clone)
36. Isaac (Golden Sun)
37. Alex (Golden Sun)

====3rd Party====

38. Sonic the Hedgehog
39. Knuckles
40. Megaman
41. Zero
42. Vaati (Minish Cap Version. Not sure if he's 3rd party or not, so I'll put him here)

That would be my final roster. A limited amount of Third Party characters to keep the full on Nintendo feel to it, but enough to bring in more fans, more characters, and more uniqueness to the game, and it is also packed with Nintendo characters.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
Oni Andrew said:
It'd have all the so far confirmed characters, as well as:
- Lyn
- Eliwood
- Hector
- Eirika
- Ephraim
- Ike
Cut Marth and Roy, replace them with Eliwood and Hector. All the others would have original movelists.
Switch Roy for Lyn and add Erika. Keep Marth with no changes. 3 Fire Emblem characters that MUST be in it!

Eliwood is a bit of a girl but still, a definite option! Hector and his Wolf Beil and Ephraim with the Vidofnir will add new weapons to the game.

By the way. Who is Lip?

NukeA6

Smash Master
outrunrazgriz said:
Switch Roy for Lyn and add Erika. Keep Marth with no changes. 3 Fire Emblem characters that MUST be in it!

Eliwood is a bit of a girl but still, a definite option! Hector and his Wolf Beil and Ephraim with the Vidofnir will add new weapons to the game.

By the way. Who is Lip?
The main character of Panel de Pon (what Tetris Attack is in Japan). She's a fairy girl.

FlipTroopa

Smash Lord
outrunrazgriz said:
Which new character does everyone want in the most at the moment? Just 1!
Takamaru. More than anything, I want to play as this character. I was ready to quit Nintendo if they shafted Pit for the third time (not really :laugh:), but now I'm really excited he's in there. Takamaru would just make it even better. Who DOESN'T like Samurai? :chuckle:

http://nindb.classicgaming.gamespy.com/stars/takamaru.shtml
*thanks Fry, if you ever see this :p

MAtgSy

Smash Ace
Returning
1. Mario
2. Link
3. Donkey Kong
4. Yoshi (Boshi as alternate)
5. Pikachu
6. Kirby
7. Fox
8. Samus/Zero Suit Samus
9. Ness
10. Captain Falcon (Blood Falcon)
11. Luigi
12. Peach (Daisy)
13. Bowser
14. Ice Climbers
15. Zelda/Shiek
16. Marth
17. Ganondorf
18. Mewtwo
19. Mr. Game & Watch
New characters
20. Wario
21. Pit
22. Metaknight
23. Balloon Fighter
24. Bowser Jr.
25. Krystal
26. Munchlax
27. Toad
28. Main character of Wii Fire Emblem
29. Olimar
30. Diddy Kong
31. Ridley
32. Tingle
33. Samurai Goroh
34. Stafy
35. R.O.B.
36. Snake
37. Geno
38. Sonic

Explaining the cut:
Jigglypuff's gone due to declining popularity (when's the last time it's appeared in the anime?), Munchlax is given it's moves.
Falco's gone because of better choises for Star Fox characters overshadowing him (sure Wolf was around before Melee, but he's importance to the Star Fox series has increased after it).
Roy's reason for being in to begin with (newest FE lord/advanced advertisment for his game) is no longer relevent.
Pichu was just a plain stupid idea to begin with.

The new characters based on probability rather than my personal preference.

Post-release characters (added through WiiConnect24/7)
39. Andy (Advance Wars)
40. Issac
41. Red (Poke'mon)
42. Jill (Drill Dozer)
43. Chibi-Robo
44. Lyn
45. Waluigi
46. Birdo
47. Black Shadow
48. Mallow
49. Little Mac
50. Mike Jones (Star Tropics)
51. Ralph (Legend of Zelda: Oracle games)
52. Maple (see above)
53. Cell-Shaded Link
54. E. Gadd
55. Mother 3 character
56. Young Link
57. Dr. Mario
58. Jigglypuff
59. Falco
60. Roy
61. King Dedede
62. Pichu
63. Blaziken
64. Captain N
65. Mega Man
66. Pac Man
67. Sora
68. Dark Samus
69. Spire
70. Cloud
71. Bomber Man
72. Jack (Harvest Moon)

The basic idea behind downloadable characters is simple: don't stop adding characters, EVER! Make SSBB an enternally living game with periodic updates until the end of time.

Iggy K

Smash Ace
Your list fails for cutting Jigglypuff, who is still popular and one of the original 12 and that you have Tingle there.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
MDZ said:

====Returning Characters==== <---All clones have new movesets<---
1. Mario
2. Luigi
3. Bowser
4. Peach
5. Yoshi
6. Donkey Kong
7. Captain Falcon
8. Fox
9. Ness
10. Ice Climbers
11. Kirby
12. Samus
13. Zelda/Shiek
14. Link
15. Pikachu
16. Dr. Mario
17. Ganondorf
18. Falco
19. Mewtwo
20. Marth
21. Roy
22. Metaknight

====Already Announced New Chars====
23. Pit
24. Snake
25. Zero Suit Samus
26. Wario

====New Characters(Nintendo)====

27. Toad
28. Krystal (Starfox)
29. Geno
30. Mallow
31. Waluigi
27. Skull Kid
32. King Dedede
33. Kamek
34. Wolf O'Donnell
35. Blood Falcon (Capt. Falcons evil clone)
36. Isaac (Golden Sun)
37. Alex (Golden Sun)

====3rd Party====

38. Sonic the Hedgehog
39. Knuckles
40. Megaman
41. Zero
42. Vaati (Minish Cap Version. Not sure if he's 3rd party or not, so I'll put him here)

That would be my final roster. A limited amount of Third Party characters to keep the full on Nintendo feel to it, but enough to bring in more fans, more characters, and more uniqueness to the game, and it is also packed with Nintendo characters.
Your list sucks because
  • You didn't put in Diddy Kong
  • You put in too many characters from the sonic franchise
  • you cut young link but left dr mario
  • you put the worst possible fzero villain in who is a clone no way around it instead of samurai goroh
  • You put in Kamek
  • You put Waluigi in over daisy despite the fact he is more unpopular, newer and less original and has less personality
  • You put vaati down as 3rd party, he's 1st or 2nd party
  • You put Geno in as a nintendo character he's 3rd party
Thankyou for playing

Iggy K

Smash Ace
You got a problem with Kamek? Yoshi hasn't gotten any characters from his series since the beinning, I think he deserves one character, and no one fits that role better than Kamek, or, if it gets released before brawl, the main ivllain from upcoming Yoshi's Island 2.

Marshigio-Yoshi is a character from his own series, not Mario series, he shouldn't be included with them.

xianfeng

Smash Hero
Iggy K said:
You got a problem with Kamek? Yoshi hasn't gotten any characters from his series since the beinning, I think he deserves one character, and no one fits that role better than Kamek, or, if it gets released before brawl, the main ivllain from upcoming Yoshi's Island 2.

Marshigio-Yoshi is a character from his own series, not Mario series, he shouldn't be included with them.
I just don't like Kamek it doesn't deserve a spot in brawl

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
I only had one DK game so excuse me if i'm not up to date.

Diddy Kong is a good idea but I think the game needs more Heavyweight characters. Maybe include Chunky and King K Rool as well. No harm in having a few more DK characters, right?

dotdotdot!

BRoomer
BRoomer
Iggy K said:

For god's sake, shut up! Yoshi is TOTALLY still a Mario character. He's commonly featured in the sports games, He made his debut in SMW, Most of "his" games (other than Yoshi's Story for N64) revolve around helping out a baby mario, and he's still prominantly featured in Mainline Mario games (Playable in Mario 64 DS, got a part in Super Mario Sunshine. He may have splintered off and gotten his own emblem in smash, but god ****! He's still a Mario character at heart. Same with Kamek, really. He was only really in two games(that I know of). He was the main badguy in Super Mario World 2 (A part of the Mario series) and he was a boss in Super Mario RPG.

I'd even go as far as to say that Wario is still a Mario character. Though he has been able to splinter himself away alot cleaner than Yoshi, you can't change the fact that his name is "Wario"(purposefully one letter off from "Mario") and he is an evil version of Mario. Yoshi still hangs on to mainline Mario. Donkey Kong is a different series though, because that split-off was clean, efficient, and happened with a platformer (that had nothing to do with Mario) that picked up where the DK continuity left off.

I'm sorry, but every time someone says these things I die a little inside.

outrunrazgriz

Smash Apprentice
I hear that! Its like Mario, Yoshi, DK and Wario are all different Companies but are all owned by the same people. They were all created for Mario games but branched off (Some more cleanly than others!) to do their own thing. Until an official says they are no longer working together they are all Mario Characters!

Cos.

Smash Journeyman
Uuuh, lists. I think I'd like to formulate one too.

1. Mario
2. Link
3. Pikachu
4. Kirby
5. Bowser
6. Peach
7. Zelda (though Shiek is possibly my main... I do so wish Shiek will be split away from Zelda or totally disappear... but that's wishful thinking)
8. Ganondorf (give him that new moveset please)
9. Captain Falcon
10. Luigi
11. Jigglypuff
12. Mewtwo (For crying out loud, please improve him. Though with him being really aweful to play I have greater chances of becoming "best European Mewtwo" ;) , but it's just not worth it)
13. Fox
14. Falco
15. Yoshi
16. Marth
17. Samus
18. Ness
19. Meta Knight
20. Pit
21. Wario
22. Zamus
23. Snake
24. Ice Climbers (I'm not sure about them... let's just say I'd have other preferences)
25. Game & Watch (I'd only like to see him if he has a serious make over... yet he had one of the most unique (= awkward?) playstyles in SSBM. So keep him... somewhat at least)

26. King Dedede
27. Diddy Kong (as reluctant about Diddy as I am... I cannot deny the high probability :( )
28. Ridley (Ridley is teh awesome! :) :p )
29. Ike (I like him and he was on Sakurai's poll a few times... so why not? )
30. Cel shaded Link *shudders* (please do not let him be more than a clone... and please don't put too much work into him...)
31. Krystal
32. Captain Olimar (first he's cool... and secondly, there's need of some more "cute" characters)
32.5 Geno (He doesn't get a place on my list as I despise him. I really hope he doesn't make it. Am I a bad person for that?)
33. Sonic (Mario - Sonic... the must see battle... to bad you can't dream about it once it's happened ;) )
34. Megaman
35. Takamaru (I wonder if he's popular enough... but he managed Sakurai's list multiple times... so there's hope. (Would like to see a Wii game with Takamaru)

After this comes the more wishful part of my list:

36. Isaac (the Golden Sun one... don't even dare think about Lost Magic...)
37. Ray01 (Ray01 would be a good addition...)
38. Simon Belmont
39. Sami (I don't know the Wars games really, so that's why I choose the most popular female character :p )
40. Samurai Goroh

List becomes a bit more wishful (or maybe not):

41. Vaati
42. Lip
43. Stafy
44. Demiru
45. Little Mac
46. Felix (clearly a case of Isaac clone)
47. Alex (I admit liking Golden Sun :embarrass )
48. Weavel (or whatever Hunters character. *wishes to see Hunters as opponents in MP:3)
49. Hero/Heroine (from the Magical Vacation games... I can't wait for the DS game to come out... here in Europe that is)
50 + . More Fire Emblem characters (like Lyn, Hector, Ephraim, Sigurd, Oguma, Black Knight, etc.)
100. Marina (from Mischief Makers... I just like her alot, plus she would fit SSBB play stylewise)
101+. Fire Emblem list continues with some Golden Sun and Metroid (and maybe LoZ) character additions :chuckle: ;)

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Why do you hate Geno? He's one of the best 3rd party selections, have you even played Super Mario RPG?

Anyway, I think your list is wasted in certain areas for better characters. Some of them are pretty good additions though.

boy11

Smash Apprentice
i'd like to see most of the original 26 return, with some slight changes.
-a new moveset for Ganon, (OoT attacks, with a sword).
-a slight moveset change for Luigi, to make him a little less slidey, and add a move with the vacuum from Luigi's Mansion.
-Drop Pichu for a different Pokemon, I'm thinking Hitmonchan or Electabuzz.
-Exchange Young Link for Cel-Shaded Link, and give him a unique moveset.
---
also,
1.Snake
2.Pit
3.Metaknight
4.Wario
5.Zero Suit Samus
6.Skull Kid
7.Krystal (SFA)
8.Diddy Kong
9.Dixie Kong
10.Bowser Jr.
11.Impa
12.Ridley
13.King dedede

and that'd make me happy ^_^.

#HBC | marshy

BRoomer
Well, after looking at your first 35 characters I can now say it is a good list. I think you should add Goroh and Sami to the list though, because they have pretty good chances of being in.

Top Bottom