• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you takeing any days off school/work after the 10th?

chaos_Leader

Smash Lord
I wish I could, but the nature of my work demands I attend. Assistant Stage Manager for a musical production. Basically, I babysit actors and yell at them to do/not to do something; its dull, time consuming, (as late as 10:00pm) and without the responsibilities of the Stage Manager. so yeah, won't be skipping anything for Brawl. On top of that, most of the people I play smash with don't have jobs, and thus will get ridiculously good while I babysit actors all day. And there's school on top of that, my life is going to be nuts come feb 10:
School -> Work -> More Work -> Smash -> Sleep? -> Repeat

Ok, thats enough complaining about life, on the plus side, it'll make a great story to look back on.

MIRAI87

Smash Journeyman
The thread title asks 'are you taking any days off AFTER the tenth?'
(This could be an edit, I'm not sure.)

So this thread is not obsolete in the slightest.
Also, people do things on Sunday.
A lot of people work.

Or some of us, like me, other commitments, have band practice.

bobwaffles

Smash Apprentice
Not me. Gaming isn't THAT important in my life. Besides, I have a few days off of school a week after the time I'll get Brawl, so I'll be able to play it to my heart's content during that time, then distribute my playing through the month until spring break.

Oasis_S

Smash Legend
3DS FC
0087-2694-8630
The current plan for me: A friend and I are both going to get Brawl, and we're going to drive down to a fellow Smasher friend's house with a copy and one of our Wiis (since he doesn't own one), and we'll play Brawl for the rest of that day and most of Monday. So, I'll just be taking one day out of school...

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
regardless im not going to school for a week, and there are thing called sunday schools, some ppl DO work on sunday
well the majority are probably taking the day off work and the people that still go to school, most of them don't go to Sunday school. And plus, midnight release over here, and I'm sure many other places as well.

HuskytheGeek

Smash Journeyman
I have class on the Monday after Brawl is released. I'm planning on arranging things so I will be able to stay home and still get all the info I need for class.

Leviscus

Smash Apprentice
As long as I don't have anything overly important to do in class the following Monday and Tuesday you can bet your sisters pet unicorn that I will not be sleeping but playing brawl for 72 hours straight.

SurooshX

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SurooshX
Yea, some people have a life...
or....some people don't have school...

I hate it when people use the terms "get a life" or "some people have lives" and anything close to them. Who are they that they can say that to others!?
Just makes me angry.

Doopliss_Swe

Smash Journeyman
Well, in europe games are usually released on a friday, so me and my friend will play over 48h straight when brawl comes.

Sukecchi

Smash Cadet
I planned on taking the TV in my room and the Wii to the office that Monday...since I have two wait three hours for my brother to get done with Photography class. But I don't know about that anymore.

saud

Smash Lord
My holiday starts on the 9th of January, and end on the 16th February. I will have all the time I want playing SSBB when both the Japanese and USA get released :D

GenocideMachine

Smash Cadet
I won't be skipping any classes for brawl, I won't sacrifice my grades in college for Brawl, especially since the only day I could afford to skip was Monday, but I only have one 50 minute class that day. Tuesday, however, is a ruthless gauntlet of classes from 10AM to 9PM. I suspect brawl will be in the back of my mind all day, but I absolutely cannot afford to skip. I have the 18th-24th of February off anyways, thankfully.

The Noob Legend

Smash Ace
I won't be skipping any classes for brawl, I won't sacrifice my grades in college for Brawl, especially since the only day I could afford to skip was Monday, but I only have one 50 minute class that day. Tuesday, however, is a ruthless gauntlet of classes from 10AM to 9PM. I suspect brawl will be in the back of my mind all day, but I absolutely cannot afford to skip. I have the 18th-24th of February off anyways, thankfully.
Right.

I'm not giving up my future for a video game when I get to college.

LuigiTendo

Smash Apprentice
Luckily for me, I do DVD homeschooling. And I need to take Spring break before April 1st, it's up 2 me when I spend it...so it begins...on the 11th!

Feryx

Smash Apprentice
Feb 10th falls on the last day of a mini-break at my school (our schedule is kinda unorthadox), so at least I won't have homework to worry about

shinnok-fan64

Smash Apprentice
I have Feb. 12th(Tuesday) off at my school, so i'll be playing the heck out of it then.

We go back to school Monday, darn.:/

Revven

FrankerZ
I might take Monday and Tuesday (because it's a short day anyway) off of that week though it really depends on what happens on those two days. If it comes to me not being able to miss, that's okay. If it comes to not missing Tuesday but missing Monday, it'll be great.

Time will tell.

Greenpoe

Smash Ace
I'll just wait. School is more important than Brawl, besides, Europe gets it much, much later.

Mr. Sunny Patch

Smash Journeyman
I think I got the Friday of release week off, but once I get it I'm staying up as long as possible to play it. I only have so many fragile hours for rest.

deadmon

Smash Cadet
Nah. School is a bit more important than me for games. However, I'll spend Friday night and the weekend Brawling it out!

RizardoLawless

Smash Journeyman
I'm starting this huuuge foodfight in my school with my friends and cigars so we can play Brawl nonstop for our 10 day suspension

DreamFiend633

Smash Apprentice
I am going to go to school, tell my friends how awesome it is, and after about 5 minutes of being at school I will say I am sick and go home and play Brawl until the cows come home, and then play some more after that.

Shadow Calibur

Smash Ace
No, and for these reasons:

1. College. I'm not about to fake sick from college just to play Brawl.
2. My sister, the only person I can rely on to get me the games I want, is having a baby. I don't want to annoy her with anything.
3. I won't get a job until April, so I don't have any money in my wallet.

Rhubarbo

Smash Champion
I planned to get off on the third (I ended up being sick...but without Brawl). I already missed three weeks of school so far, so I don't think missing (more than one more week of) school is a good idea...

Top Bottom