• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are You Ready For This? Mobile, Alabama Tourney

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I'll have at least 1 setup with me. There's a chance that I'll have a second TV, but I'm not really sure.

Anyone want to MM?

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
NEW VENUE:
The Student Center on the University of South Alabama campus.

Directions:
The easiest way to get there is to take I-65 to exit 5B

Then take a left followed by a quick right to Moffett Road/Highway 95

From there it's about 3 miles to University Blvd. Where you will head SOUTH for a mile or two until you see USA South Drive.

Then follow the signs and the Student Center will be on the right!

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Yo, ryker hit me up at 251-447-1264, I know the guys u've been talking to at south to i can help out were i can. I can bring a t.v to help out and i cant get the florida panhandle to come. So have a melee side tourney, please.

p.s. I live like 4 minutes away from saraland, maybe we can play before the tourney.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
I know it's late, but any chance for housing Friday night? It'd be at least 2 people (my self and my girlfriend) and maybe 1-2 others.

If not, we'll probably go to a hotel. If that happens, would anyone we know be interested in splitting a room?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
yay :D one more confirmed smasher!...from Auburn :D!
do I know you stealth?
I think so. Are the guy that goes to Auburn University that plays as GaW with the tag M3T in the student center?

If so, then yes. I play with the tag: Billy. ;)

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
darkm3tr01d says:
"I can room ppl at my folks house...Trust me their cool with it"
Thank you, but I talked to my girlfriend some more, and she'd just rather split a hotel with some people. I guess I didn't need to ask, haha. I really appreciate the offer, though. Thanks again.

Also, is anyone looking for a teammate? I was planning on teaming with whoever rode with me, but I don't think there's gonna be anyone else from Louisiana at this. They've all decided to go to HOBO.

I'll have 2 TVs, a Wii/ Brawl, and a power strip.

About the new venue, do you have an address? The directions seem pretty simple, but it'd be nice to have a map, you know? Thanks.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Thank you, but I talked to my girlfriend some more, and she'd just rather split a hotel with some people. I guess I didn't need to ask, haha. I really appreciate the offer, though. Thanks again.

Also, is anyone looking for a teammate? I was planning on teaming with whoever rode with me, but I don't think there's gonna be anyone else from Louisiana at this. They've all decided to go to HOBO.

I'll have 2 TVs, a Wii/ Brawl, and a power strip.

About the new venue, do you have an address? The directions seem pretty simple, but it'd be nice to have a map, you know? Thanks.
I'll team with you, maybe we can do some friendlies when you get to mobile and you can decide by that.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Alright, I'm tired of venues canceling on me. This is the second time.

Don't worry though, I took care of it. We now have the conference room of the La Quinta Inn and Suites on Old Highway 43. New venue information is in the OP.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Thats f@cked up son. Thats rite across the street from that krystals aint it?

Ruse

Fox
Yo, Ryker, Holy and I are about to leave from PCola. You should text me your number so that we can call you in case we get lost or something. (850) 982-2348

Ruse

Fox
Full results, please.

Top four for singles were DanGR, Reflex, Kismet, and FakeGeorge. Dunno what order.

Top three for doubles were 1. Reflex/Kismet 2. DanGR/..Billy, maybe? I forgot who his partner was 3. HolyChef/Ruse

TheReflexWonder

Wonderful!
BRoomer
NNID
TheReflexWonder
3DS FC
2492-4449-2771
Full results, please.

Top four for singles were DanGR, Reflex, Kismet, and FakeGeorge. Dunno what order.

Top three for doubles were 1. Reflex/Kismet 2. DanGR/..Billy, maybe? I forgot who his partner was 3. HolyChef/Ruse
I'm pretty sure that Billy beat DanGR earlier, which put him at third place.

Second in Teams was DanGR/Billy.

FakeGeorge

Smash Journeyman
He beat DanGR with Falco, I think. That's who he used against me in Loser's. He used Shiek against me in winners.

From what I remember:

1. Reflex (PT)
2. Kismet (Falco)
3. Billy (Shiek/ Falco)
4. Fakegeorge (G&W)
5. DanGR (Olimar/?)
5. Ruse (MK/ ROB?)
7. Ragnarok (MK/ Wario)
7. ?

stealth3654

Smash Lord
Yeah, I got third. I went Sheik/Zelda for singles and played Falco for two sets against DanGR and FakeGeorge.

Zelda is definitely legit in teams. ;)

Good games to all I played.

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yeah, Billy ended up taking the set with Falco.

I used Olimar every match but one with Wario when I was CPed to brinstar. <___<

edit: oh, and billy was my partner. MK+Zelda is waaaay too legit. haha

That said, this was a cool tourney. Hopefully next time it won't be on the same day as something else pretty big in town.

Metmetm3t

Smash Lord
Seeing as this was our fist tournament I will label it a success.
I'll get on to Ryker for not posting the results, but I think Fakegeorge has it straight

Thanks to everyone who came out! Hope to have a lot smoother run next time.

ragnarock

Smash Lord
Seeing as this was our fist tournament I will label it a success.
I'll get on to Ryker for not posting the results, but I think Fakegeorge has it straight

Thanks to everyone who came out! Hope to have a lot smoother run next time.
I think it would have been a better crowd if yall didnt have so many venue problems. but the turnout was still decent,

Ruse

Fox
1. Reflex (PT)
2. Kismet (Falco)
3. Billy (Shiek/ Falco)
4. Fakegeorge (G&W)
5. DanGR (Olimar/?)
5. Ruse (MK/ ROB?)
7. Ragnarok (MK/ Wario)
7. ?
7. HolyChef :popo:

Yeah, I went ROB some.

Zelda is definitely legit in teams. ;)
Agreed. I'm pretty f***ing stunned.

I used Olimar every match but one with Wario when I was CPed to brinstar. <___<
My bad, once again.

ruse who did you lose to in singles?
DanGR in winners and FakeGeorge in losers.

GofG

Smash Champion
Everytime I come to the atlantic south boards and read the title of this thread, I immediately have that silly song stuck in my head, which I associate with basketball.

Top Bottom