• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you happy that Dark Pit made it in?

Are you happy Dark Pit is in Smash 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Morbi

Scavenger
Dr Mario is literally just Mario with a white coat on. Dark Pit is his own character with a personality and goals. That fact you find the Dr more interesting is absurd.

Some of the hate people are chucking Dark Pit's way is really pathetic. In a week or two this will blow over and then there will be something else to complain about.
To be fair, a lot of people feel the same way about Dark Pit, "he is just Pit in darker clothes." It does not make it correct, but interest in characters is a subjective test. It is not necessarily absurd that one finds Dr. Mario more interesting.

MarLonLonMilk

Smash Rookie
Lucina had her fair share of hate when she was first announced, but people cooled off about a week later.
Ah yes. I forgot about all the Lucina hate. I suppose this war on Dark Pit will pass. It's already hard enough knowing that a character you like fell flat on its face in terms of a moveset, but the hate just doesn't help.

Fire Tactician

Smash Lord
3DS FC
4596-9948-4995
Ah yes. I forgot about all the Lucina hate. I suppose this war on Dark Pit will pass. It's already hard enough knowing that a character you like fell flat on its face in terms of a moveset, but the hate just doesn't help.
I know. The way that I see it is that Dark Pit would have gotten even more rage if he had his own moveset than he has now. While I like Dark Pit personally, I can't properly justify putting all the that time and effort into making him unique that could have been spent of a bigger fan requested character, like Mewtwo or Takamaru. Can you imagine how badly people would be screaming "SAKURAI BIAS!" if Kid Icarus had three unique reps? No, leave him as a minimal effort clone. He'll do his job, he'll do it well, and he'll watch from Pit's shadow and ride the Brawl vet's coattails into usage. With time, he'll be accepted like Falco was, but that's what we need, time.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord
Being an Uprising and Dark Pit fan is rough. I wanted Phosphora more, but I love Pittoo. All this hate while people cry for Wolf (another clone) really irks me. And Lucina and the Doc just get to cruise by; it's crazy!

Boring and uninspired? Dark Pit was an accident. A clone that didn't end up an entire clone. Would have been cool if Smash 4 played to that. You played through Uprising and found him boring and uninspired?
Dr Mario is literally just Mario with a white coat on. Dark Pit is his own character with a personality and goals. That fact you find the Dr more interesting is absurd.

Some of the hate people are chucking Dark Pit's way is really pathetic. In a week or two this will blow over and then there will be something else to complain about.
More his design than anything else. The whole "clone of the main character meant to be evil" thing has been DONE TO DEATH on Nintendo systems. Everyone's got a "dark" counterpart. Dark Link, Blood Falcon, Shadow Mario, Dark Samus, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Dark Pit. Yes, they all have different motivations/reasons for existing/stories etc., but what a lazy way to make a character. Take the hero, change his color scheme to have darker themes, call it a day. Dr. Mario, at the very least, represents Nintendo's puzzle game history, notably tetris-style games. There isn't much of a way to represent them otherwise. So yeah, he's Mario in some scrubs, but he's a rep for puzzle games, and at least has a long history.

Dark Link and Blood Falcon are alts. Shadow and Dark Samus are ATs. Shadow Mario is supposedly Jr.'s FS (makes sense I guess). So why is Dark Pit important enough to be playable? His role in Uprising was not sufficient for playable status in my eyes. Especially if Dark Samus got shafted.

Oh and Wolf isn't a clone. At all. I've said this about a thousand times, I know, and people will never change. But he isn't.

Last edited:

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
His arrows are already different by default. No doubt the customs will be even further appart.
The implication was that custom moves will change his moveset entirely. They won't. Only Palutena and Miis have the luxury of unique custom moves, because that's their whole gimmick. Dark Pit will get varients of his arrows just like Pit does. The varients might be different to Pit's varients, but they will still be arrows. I am willing to bet money on it.

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
More his design than anything else. The whole "clone of the main character meant to be evil" thing has been DONE TO DEATH on Nintendo systems. Everyone's got a "dark" counterpart. Dark Link, Blood Falcon, Shadow Mario, Dark Samus, Shadow the Hedgehog, and Dark Pit. Yes, they all have different motivations/reasons for existing/stories etc., but what a lazy way to make a character. Take the hero, change his color scheme to have darker themes, call it a day. Dr. Mario, at the very least, represents Nintendo's puzzle game history, notably tetris-style games. There isn't much of a way to represent them otherwise. So yeah, he's Mario in some scrubs, but he's a rep for puzzle games, and at least has a long history.

Dark Link and Blood Falcon are alts. Shadow and Dark Samus are ATs. Shadow Mario is supposedly Jr.'s FS (makes sense I guess). So why is Dark Pit important enough to be playable? His role in Uprising was not sufficient for playable status in my eyes. Especially if Dark Samus got shafted.
Now I get where you are coming from. I do agree that the evil version of the main character is done to death. I personally believe Dark Pit would be suited better as an alt like Alph but the fact that he is in doesn't really bother me. Its just a clone character to beef up the roster that was added late in development. Dark Pit didn't replace anyone and taking him out wouldnt give way for another character.

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
if a Dark version of a character deserved to be in it should have been Dark Samus they could have easily build her a move set based on Metroid Prime trilogy but even that would be a stretch having 3 Samuses even if Dark Samus is a being of Phazon.

i don't mind clones as long they are different characters rather than another version of a established character.

Dr.Mario and Dark Pit should have gone the same way as Alph and the Koopalins.

Last edited:

MarLonLonMilk

Smash Rookie
Lucina had her fair share of hate when she was first announced, but people cooled off about a week later.

Oh and Wolf isn't a clone. At all. I've said this about a thousand times, I know, and people will never change. But he isn't.
Dark Pit isn't your average 'Dark Nintendo Character' (neither is Shadow, but who cares about Shadow right now?). Even after factoring in "motivations/reasons for existing/stories".

His role in Uprising was important. He allows you to see things from another way that we'd never see through Pit. Pittoo seems to be the only one who knows how stupid the Gods and everything they're doing is.

As it stands, Pittoo is on the same level as Doc. Uprising is new and relevant (same goes for FE: Awakening and Lucina), Doc is old and iconic. They're both clones. Accepting one and not the other is flat out stupid.

Ultinarok

Smash Lord

Dark Pit isn't your average 'Dark Nintendo Character' (neither is Shadow, but who cares about Shadow right now?). Even after factoring in "motivations/reasons for existing/stories".

His role in Uprising was important. He allows you to see things from another way that we'd never see through Pit. Pittoo seems to be the only one who knows how stupid the Gods and everything they're doing is.

As it stands, Pittoo is on the same level as Doc. Uprising is new and relevant (same goes for FE: Awakening and Lucina), Doc is old and iconic. They're both clones. Accepting one and not the other is flat out stupid.
I accept him. I just don't like him and find his presence annoyingly biased and unnecessary. Doc's presence is too, but at least he reps puzzle games that otherwise couldn't be represented (tetris block for Smash 5!), and a small franchise. Did we really need Dark Pit to represent ONE game that already has two reps, fifty billion items and an assist trophy representing it?

These are my reasons for not liking him more than Doc. As far as Lucina, I'm less salty about her because of her much larger home franchise, female FE representation, and the circumstances of her inclusion.

Maybe if I hear Sakurai's reasoning for including Pittoo, I'll get over it a bit more. Right now, it just stings of bias, irritation and disappointment at what could have been.

You cannot call me stupid for accepting one clone more than another, because its not the clone aspect that I care about at all. I couldn't care less. Its the principle of the character choice.

Ffamran

The Smooth Devil Mod
Yes and no. Yes 'cause he could have made use of Pit's other weapons in Uprising. No 'cause he didn't and don't mention that sorry excuse of a staff implementation.

Onett kid

Smash Apprentice
I think all the haters blowing this dark pit clone thing way out of proportion. I mean, this isn't the first clone we've ever gotten. I just can't believe so many people are throwing a huge fit over this. I mean, it's ok to be mad, but to go all out and say how this is the worst smash roster ever and how sakauri needs to step down from directing? Get a grip! It's not like he filled the roster up with clones. There's only like 3 legitimate clones, and even one of them (dr. Mario) actually retains mario's melee playstyle, such as his down b. Isn't that what so many people were complaining about with brawl mario, when his tornado spin was replaced by fludd? Sakauri was actualy trying to think about the fans and how some of them prefer the old mario over the new mario, playstyle wise. He isn't just some biased jerk who overfills his characters in the roster. If that was the case, there would've probably been a fourth kirby character instead of 4 fire emblem characters, for example. But back to my topic, dark pit didn't wreck the roster,jigglypuff did (just kidding, love that character). Did you people already forget all the other highly requested characters that he put in, such as pac-man, little mac, mega man (do I even have to go on from him?!?). But one bad character gets put in , and all of a sudden the games ruined. I mean really? Stop being so spoiled about this. (Sorry if I came off as rude)

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
Indifferent. I wasn't rooting for him but I'm not bothered by his presence. He'll merely be another toy I will try out on this game and since his inclusion doesn't take away from other potential characters, I'm cool with it.
It's kind of hypocritical though that we had clones before yet some people are pretending that the guy now "ruins" the roster. He is just extra icing on an already big cake.

Last edited:

jaytalks

Smash Champion
NNID
jaytalks
Yes. Dark Pit is the real version of Pit actually. If he wasnt, then why would he be able to kick Pit's butt?

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
I absolutely hate him.

The only thing in this game that I absolutely hate.

There's thousands of clone options that would be a much better choice.

Personally, I hate dark pit because it feels like Sakurai is stroking his ego. 3 kid Icarus characters, when there's been one fairly good, if not very memorable game.(1 character below fire emblem, which, while niche or not, at least has a long history with Nintendo)

Kid Icarus gets a bunch of characters, Dark pit gets a unique final smash(Lucina's is marth's, they didn't even put the effort in to make it like an awakening crit) a vast majority of the smash run enemies are from kid icarus. Etc. Etc. Etc. It's terrible.

Last edited:

SaucyDancer

Smash Ace
NNID
SaucyDancer
3DS FC
0576-4794-0041
Beautiful post on Reddit that I think is relevant here:

"Seriously, why did he even make it in? He has exactly the same moves as his predecessor, he just looks a little bit slower and more powerful. Just because he has a cool attitude and likes to fly solo doesn't mean he's worth a character slot! Why would you include him when there are more deserving series lacking representatives that have more than one or two notably good games?

I honestly don't see how anybody could like Falco. Melee's gonna suck."

Dragon1128

Smash Cadet
Beautiful post on Reddit that I think is relevant here:

"Seriously, why did he even make it in? He has exactly the same moves as his predecessor, he just looks a little bit slower and more powerful. Just because he has a cool attitude and likes to fly solo doesn't mean he's worth a character slot! Why would you include him when there are more deserving series lacking representatives that have more than one or two notably good games?

I honestly don't see how anybody could like Falco. Melee's gonna suck."
Like I said, I feel that most of the hate directed at dark pit is MOSTLY because it shows even more of a blatant bias on the part of Sakurai. People are fed up with the over representation of Sakurai's love child as a whole. Especially considering that it is likely a dead franchise once again.

(Oh, and the fact that Kirby shows up in everything too, even if he is my favorite character)

Last edited:

AdaptiveTrigger

Smash Journeyman
NNID
AdaptiveTrigger
3DS FC
4055-4954-5664
It seems like people think that Dark Pit "took the slot of another deserving character." In reality, the amount of time it took to add Dark Pit as opposed to another "deserving character" is a significantly smaller amount.

Is Sakurai just advertising his Kid Icarus Uprising game by adding Dark Pit (and Palutena)? Most likely. Still, I think the roster is better with Dark Pit's inclusion because the only thing he is replacing is an empty slot, not other characters that could've made it in place of Dark Pit.

Aguki90

Smash Ace
NNID
Aguki900
3DS FC
2423-2759-1478

Dr. Mario is just Mario with a coat. I always gonna say this but Dr. Mario is lazy and wasted of potential.
With all these customization options you can make Mario as Doctor Mario, BUT NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MARIO GET TREE TYPES OF FLUDD AND DR. MARIO GET THE TREE TYPES OF TORNADO WHEN MARIO COULD HAVE TORNADO AS A CUSTOMIZABLE OPTION SINCE THE DEVELOPMENT OF THE GAME, IMAGINE NORMAL MARIO WITH FLUDD, TORNADO OR A LEAST GROUND POUND AS CUSTOM MOVE OF IS DOWN SPECIAL RIGHT, BUT NOPE, WE DON'T HAVE THAT IDEA, INSTEAD WE GIVE THAT TO PALUTENA A BETTER CUSTOM MOVESET.

dimensionsword64

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3609-1605-6649
Yes, I am. I really liked Dark Pit in Uprising, so I will most definitely use him over Pit.

Chauzu

Smash Ace
We all know that come Smash 5 a lot of people and maybe some of the not all too happy about Dark Pit's inclusion in here will be in tears when he is inevitably cut.

Ershrek

Smash Rookie
NNID
Erickwasherelol
3DS FC
3995-7011-5351
doesnt kid icarus already have like 15 enemies in smash run??? and then dark pit is included....... i wouldnt have cared if he and dr mario were alt skins but their own characters?

MrKitty

Smash Rookie
From what Ive seen in gameplay of him, he seems to be more powerful, slower, and with a better recovery. I just hope they exaggerate these differences enough to justify him. I understand he's an important Kid Icarus character and everything, but I just hope they play differently enough to have people who can main one but not the other (thats my general rule of thumb). Weird how we were so hyped about this, but at the last second before release we can get so dissapointed.

MrKitty

Smash Rookie
Im really not overly against Dark Pit, but what bothers me is if Dark Pit is supposed to be superior to Pit, why not just make Pit into the playstyle Dark Pit would have? Or at least comprimise, kind of like Mario and Dr. Mario in Project M, where they share a slot, yet have traits of each. A lot of people have brought up great arguments, like how Falco was in this same position when Melee came out, and he ended up dominating everything, and becoming a staple of the franchise. Also, about how hes not actually taking a slot from anyone, if they want to add him at the last second, he can be made off of Pit in less than that. I think its disappointing that hes in, but I think we should cut him (and Sakurai) some slack.

Twewy

Smash Lord
While I dislike the inclusion of Dark Pit, I'm glad the people who wanted him got him. I may not like his gameplay style, but I did enjoy his character in Uprising. However, I also share the opinion that Kid Icarus has become overepresented in U/3DS with its many items, enemies, and characters compared to bigger franchises. I wouldn't mind this if KI was a bigger franchise, like Mario or Zelda, but it currently has 3 games.

Dillo64

Smash Apprentice
Lol at all the people mad at Dark Pit. He's a clone guys, it's not like he took a lot of develop time so they had to push out Ridley and Mewtwo to make room for him. If Mewtwo and Ridley could be developed in the time it takes to make a clone then they'd be in. DP likely took 1/10th the time.

He's in because he was easy to make and he's popular in Japan. Same case as Lucina. I don't care for him in the least, but there's no reason to get mad. He's not a full character, just a bonus.

There are bigger injustices in the game. Like the lack of a new DK rep despite its multiple recent successes, or the fact that Ganondorf is still a bloody clone.

Ryu Myuutsu

Smash Champion
NNID
BahamurShin
3DS FC
3668-9945-1996
This is going to be something more directly addressed to the new content rather than Dark Pit himself.

I've never cared who has more than who when it comes to Smash Bros., I love almost every franchise in it and always approach this game with the mentality of a Nintendo fan instead of a fan from a particular series, any new character no matter from what franchise is a welcome addition for me. I admit that I love Kid Icarus (Uprising, don't care that much for the other two entries) as much as DK (DK Country is STILL one of my favorite game trilogies next to Metroid Prime).
Thereby I have to say, it isn't really that bad that we have a bunch of content from that series. I don't think either that content in Smash should be proportional to the amount of games and lifetime sales that a series have; it's something that is not written in stone and adding content that way would become extremely restrictive if we went by that.

But we should also look at things in retrospective. Kid Icarus was a very neglected franchise for over 20 years, while it's sister series Metroid and others that would later become Nintendo mainstays prospered. It wasn't until 2012 that the series came back from the dead in the form of Uprising; the game was a very deep experience that pretty much compensated for it's long absence on Nintendo consoles. Since Sakurai had no intentions of making a sequel later on, he expanded it's world exponentially and made sure that the game he made had an everlasting universe that would be memorable enough. Thus, the future of the series is uncertain but at least Uprising will remain as a shining beacon for the entire series.

On the other hand, Nintendo fans can always expect a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK, Pokemon, Kirby, etc. to make an appearance on the current and next console generation. Those series are very well-know and beloved right now that there is little danger for them to fall into obscurity. So basically my reasoning is, why not throw a bone to the little guys once in a while? Kid Icarus had a LOT to add from it's universe into the Smash series from just one game that it would have been a shame if that went to waste. And can we really blame Sakurai for wanting a back-from-the-dead franchise to be known to everyone instead of letting fall into obscurity again? After all, after this game is done, Kid Icarus's history will be remembered only from Smash and Uprising while the other series will have a whole legacy, past and future, to rely upon.

Don't misquote me on the content part by the way. I admit that having a couple of assist trophies from DK like Rambi would have been awesome, but personally is something I'm not gonna fret about. After all, it's not like the existing content took the place of other potential content.

LancerStaff

Smash Hero
3DS FC
1504-5709-4054
More his design than anything else. The whole "clone of the main character meant to be evil" thing has been DONE TO DEATH on Nintendo systems. Everyone's got a "dark" counterpart.
That's the point, though. KIU is a parody.

Pit's the hero, and a complete bonehead and sees the world as black and white when it's actually very grey.
Palutena is the commander or operator, and she'll pick on Pit right up util he's in a near death situation. Pit hangs on every word she says, and she knows this quite well.
Dark Pit is both the dark hero stereotype and also the only remotely sane person in the cast, and is picked on at every turn because of it.

The implication was that custom moves will change his moveset entirely. They won't. Only Palutena and Miis have the luxury of unique custom moves, because that's their whole gimmick. Dark Pit will get varients of his arrows just like Pit does. The varients might be different to Pit's varients, but they will still be arrows. I am willing to bet money on it.
Yeah, that's what I've been saying...
Pit currently has fairly easy to use arrows, and their customs are a giant arrow that can't be reaimed and puny arrows that are even easier to use.
Dark Pit has hard to use arrows, being closer to Brawl's. He could have auto-homing arrows and no-curve arrows, for example. Especially for a projectile, there's tons of ways to change a move for the custom versions.

if a Dark version of a character deserved to be in it should have been Dark Samus they could have easily build her a move set based on Metroid Prime trilogy but even that would be a stretch having 3 Samuses even if Dark Samus is a being of Phazon.

i don't mind clones as long they are different characters rather than another version of a established character.

Dr.Mario and Dark Pit should have gone the same way as Alph and the Koopalins.
Dark Samus was obviously planned as an AT from the start.

We all know that come Smash 5 a lot of people and maybe some of the not all too happy about Dark Pit's inclusion in here will be in tears when he is inevitably cut.
Only clones we've really ever lost are Pichu, Roy, Dr. Mario, Mewtwo, and Lucas and Wolf, if they count. And even Dr. Mario and Roy in a sense got to return. Sakurai's not too keen on cuts, and he's only had a real say in Lucas and Wolf's this time around. I'll give it a 70% chance of him making his triumphant return in SSB5, 100% chance of returning in SSB6.

Twewy

Smash Lord
How do you make a joke about Mewtwo being a clone but not Snake?

Sarki Soliloquy

Smash Champion
For someone who advocated Dark Pit, I am extremely disappointed with his outcome. Moreso, I detest him more as a "No." than a "NOOOOO!"

Think of it as a "reverse Pac-Man" predicament if you catch my drift. Pac-Man was a character I loathed the idea of until I saw how he looked and played. Dark Pit was a character I lauded being playable only to have the ****tiest gameplay possible.

Dark Pit had all the right arguments in favor of him. He could use different weapons not in Pit arsenal (Staff, Cannon, Palm, Claws, Blade). Yet he just swaps out those for different weapons in the same classes. What's worse is that they're essentially all custom moves for Pit! And while we did get the Dark Pit Staff, it's confirmed to be his Final Smash! Hell, it's even in the splash art! Why put a part of his moveset that will be competitively disabled as a focal point of his CSS art!?

That's the point, though. KIU is a parody.

Pit's the hero, and a complete bonehead and sees the world as black and white when it's actually very grey.
Palutena is the commander or operator, and she'll pick on Pit right up util he's in a near death situation. Pit hangs on every word she says, and she knows this quite well.
Dark Pit is both the dark hero stereotype and also the only remotely sane person in the cast, and is picked on at every turn because of it.
Wait, now that's a more interesting way to see how dark Pit portrays himself and how KI:U is a deconstruction of optimistic heroism. You just made me appreciate that game and its characters more. :lol:

Last edited:

GloriousV

Smash Cadet
Im fine with him being a character. I dont know much about Kid Icarus, but I did used Pit from time to time in Brawl so Ill probably like him.

Also for people saying that he took a character slot from another character, he didnt. You can look up an interview in where Sakurai explains how Lucina was initially planned as an alt, but had to be move to new slot because of her slight changes from Marth. Same thing probably happened to Dr. Mario and Dark Pit. They where initially alts like Alph, Fem Robin, Koopalings, etc., but because of their slight changes they had to be move to a new slot since those differences would disrupt battle records or something of that sorts.

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
This is going to be something more directly addressed to the new content rather than Dark Pit himself.

I've never cared who has more than who when it comes to Smash Bros., I love almost every franchise in it and always approach this game with the mentality of a Nintendo fan instead of a fan from a particular series, any new character no matter from what franchise is a welcome addition for me. I admit that I love Kid Icarus (Uprising, don't care that much for the other two entries) as much as DK (DK Country is STILL one of my favorite game trilogies next to Metroid Prime).
Thereby I have to say, it isn't really that bad that we have a bunch of content from that series. I don't think either that content in Smash should be proportional to the amount of games and lifetime sales that a series have; it's something that is not written in stone and adding content that way would become extremely restrictive if we went by that.

But we should also look at things in retrospective. Kid Icarus was a very neglected franchise for over 20 years, while it's sister series Metroid and others that would later become Nintendo mainstays prospered. It wasn't until 2012 that the series came back from the dead in the form of Uprising; the game was a very deep experience that pretty much compensated for it's long absence on Nintendo consoles. Since Sakurai had no intentions of making a sequel later on, he expanded it's world exponentially and made sure that the game he made had an everlasting universe that would be memorable enough. Thus, the future of the series is uncertain but at least Uprising will remain as a shining beacon for the entire series.

On the other hand, Nintendo fans can always expect a new Mario, Zelda, Metroid, DK, Pokemon, Kirby, etc. to make an appearance on the current and next console generation. Those series are very well-know and beloved right now that there is little danger for them to fall into obscurity. So basically my reasoning is, why not throw a bone to the little guys once in a while? Kid Icarus had a LOT to add from it's universe into the Smash series from just one game that it would have been a shame if that went to waste. And can we really blame Sakurai for wanting a back-from-the-dead franchise to be known to everyone instead of letting fall into obscurity again? After all, after this game is done, Kid Icarus's history will be remembered only from Smash and Uprising while the other series will have a whole legacy, past and future, to rely upon.

Don't misquote me on the content part by the way. I admit that having a couple of assist trophies from DK like Rambi would have been awesome, but personally is something I'm not gonna fret about. After all, it's not like the existing content took the place of other potential content.
Best post I've seen in a long, long time. This accurately summarises my entire stance on these here issues.

grizby2

Smash Lord
a waste really.

hes a pallete swap at best.

if I find out that hes not even a "luigi-fied" character. I will be VERY pissed.
that type of lazy development is just plain unacceptable. even if you were someone who wanted dark pit to be in, you should be disappointed, because you deserved more than just a color swap and number tweaks.

I really hope that characters like lucina/ dark pit/ dr Mario didn't soak up a bunch of time. making fresh and new ways to play the game should be a greater priority than "just slightly different".

im still getting this game!... but jeez...

Wintropy

Peace and love and all that jazzmatazz~! <3
NNID
Winterwhite
3DS FC
1461-6253-6301
a waste really.

hes a pallete swap at best.

if I find out that hes not even a "luigi-fied" character. I will be VERY pissed.
that type of lazy development is just plain unacceptable. even if you were someone who wanted dark pit to be in, you should be disappointed, because you deserved more than just a color swap and number tweaks.

I really hope that characters like lucina/ dark pit/ dr Mario didn't soak up a bunch of time. making fresh and new ways to play the game should be a greater priority than "just slightly different".

im still getting this game!... but jeez...
Let's be honest, though. There are people who criticise Dark Pit because he's "just a dull clone of Pit" and maintain that he deserves better. There are people who criticise Dark Pit because "Sakurai is just being biased" and maintain that it's alright though because at least he didn't take up too much dev time and effort with a new moveset.

I don't want to target you specifically, I'm just using your post as a good example of the dichotomy here. Sakurai is going to get a hell of a lot of flak either way. He made a judgement call and he went with it. I think the least we can do is just accept his decisions and enjoy the game all the same.

_Darkpit_

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
5026-4651-4206
Wintropy is right.

Of course its painful that Darkpit hasn't his own weapons or playstyle. I wished Darkpit is unique in SSB4. But nobody can change it anymore. Try to see it from the bright side: Darkpit is nevertheless in. He has some differences, he has his own voice......... Its still Darkpit with his own personality. And I'm going to try him because I'm faithful for Darkpit and I love him. You are Darkpit supporters and I think you should befriend with the good minds. As Kid Icarus fan we should be brave and try to encourage us and oneself.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom