• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are you happy that Dark Pit made it in?

Are you happy Dark Pit is in Smash 4?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
It seems like he has more haters than fans.

I don't agree with Dark Pit being on the roster, but I'm not upset or anything.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
He's really not aesthetically different enough to justify his inclusion as a clone. I was hoping he'd use his sniper rifle. At this stage he looks like a palette swap with a different voice actor. Why bother?

MrHomelessHobo

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Orangeporrige
he is literally just a more powerful pit, seriously sakarui. You disappoint me

AzureFlame4

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
4811-6946-8468
I really need an explanation from Sakurai on it in the form of a POTD or something. He looks like an exact clone and looks the same but black, so I don't see the point. Not yet at least.

Cactusblah

Smash Apprentice
Worst thing to ever happen to Smash. No joke. This literal clone actually got in over characters that people truly wanted.

DecaHibiki

Smash Apprentice
it's a **** he could be an skin if he kept the same attacks xDD I hope Lucas Ice Climbers and Mewwto make in... This is so bad

Link Sharingan

Smash Ace
He's really not aesthetically different enough to justify his inclusion as a clone. I was hoping he'd use his sniper rifle. At this stage he looks like a palette swap with a different voice actor. Why bother?
pretty much this and i am specialty disappointed since they removed the more original Wolf.

RascalTheCharizard

Smash Ace
pretty much this and i am specialty disappointed since they removed the more original Wolf.
The entire problem right here. I've always been fine with clones for being clones, but when a clone makes it in and a character I actually 100% liked is kicked out... then I'm not happy.

nuclearneo577

Smash Journeyman
I'm indifferent. I don't mind clones (after all, Dr. Mario is my favorite Melee character), never played as Pit in Brawl, and never bothered to play Uprising. I don't see any reason for me personally to feel strongly one way or the other.

•Col•

Smash Champion
I'm pretty displeased. I never liked him as a character to begin with.

I accepted the fact that he was going to be in the game, though.. And I thought to myself 'Well at least he may have some differences like using the sniper rifle/staff thing' and having Pit's side special from Brawl or something.. But nope.. Literally a pallete swap of Pit from everything we've seen so far.

Screw Sakurai's bias. I would've preffered Alph being an alt instead of Dark Pit.

I don't even enjoy or care about the Pikmin series.

Last edited:

ChickenWing13

Smash Lord
NNID
Frosty93
Another waste of a character slot. Way to go Sakurai. Keep them clones coming.

Pretty soon we'll get Galactica Knight as a character as well.

Last edited:

mini paincakes

Smash Journeyman
This is basically why I never wanted him in this game. Sakurai wouldn't add wolf in melee because he looked too much like Fox, but adds a character who looks exactly like Pit in this game. The fact that his moveset is almost the same makes things even worse.

~ Valkyrie ~

Holy Maiden Warrior
Premium
NNID
IndyGo98
3DS FC
2793-0906-0731
Switch FC
SW-7670-7999-3483
Free pass due being Pit's clone who Sakurai decided to give personality, but not much distinctive look on.
I don't think his inclusion had anything to do with cut characters or those who didn't make it.

But like most here, I think his inclusion feels pretty forced. Full-on clone too as it seems (aside from Side-B from Brawl if I heard correctly) Doc being around doesn't help either.

But eh, we always need clones to pad the roster. I thought we'd be done with Lucina but I guess not. Good for those who like the characters though.

Last edited:

Fex13

Smash Apprentice
his inclusion is ok....until you realise this couldve been isaac, mewtu or ridley

Tailisu10

Smash Journeyman
NNID
TailisuTheTen
3DS FC
3566-1548-8575
Eh, he's just a literal recolor clone, I don't really care. It's not a good idea to make him sort of scapegoat against the cut characters.

Last edited:

Enigma14

Smash Champion
...A depressing thought.

He's the character reveal trailer on Friday.

The only thing that will save it, is if his trailer is the same as Palutena's, chest and butt shot included for the lulz. *Groans that hes more of a clone than Lucina*

•Col•

Smash Champion
But like most here, I think his inclusion feels pretty forced. Full-on clone too as it seems (aside from Side-B from Brawl if I heard correctly)
Nope he has the same side special as Pit. Or at least mostly the same. Upperdash arm rushing attack. The properties are probably slightly different but it looks mostly to be the same attack.

Same neutral special arrows.

Same down special guardian shield.

Like, cmon.. The sniper rifle model is in the game. You couldn't at least make that his neutral special? I'm sure Dr Mario is going to have pills instead of fireballs.. You really couldn't take the short amount of time to make a projectile attack for his rifle?

Last edited:

BowserK.Rool

Smash Champion
Who's Dark Pit? Oh yeah, that bad clone of Pit who only had one shot in uprising then turned out not to be so bad at all. SERIOUSLY Suckarai?! you biased piece of ****! We need a new game director next ssb game.

Chrollo.

fka president wario
Calling it now: Dark Pit will have custom moves that declones him (along with the other clones). It's strawgrasping, yeah, but I wouldn't be surprised if it comes true.

Spirst

After seeing Dark Pit gameplay, I have no idea why he's his own separate character slot. It makes absolutely no sense to me for his sniper to be visible in just about every other aspect aside from the actual gameplay itself. I really do hope he's cut next game. Big disappointment and waste of space in my opinion.

Last edited:

RedCap-BlueSpikes

Smash Journeyman
NNID
RedCapBlueSpikes
I like Dark Pit a lot as a character. Bummed that he's a Lucina style clone, but eh. I'm happy he's in the game period. I never expected him to actually make the roster.

UberMadman

Smash Lord
NNID
Psychotic_Forces
I'm happy because hey, more characters. It's not like he replaced anybody.

Enigma14

Smash Champion
If Lil Mac could have gotten 16 costume options and Dark Pit has 8 of his own, why is he his own slot? Why not just give Pit the Palutena treatment when it comes to special alternative moves.

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
The salt is real lmao.
I'm happy he is in the game. Isn't he supposed to have tippers? Hes in the same position as Lucina so why is there more hate at dark pit than Lucina?

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
He's such a waste. Why add an overrated emo color swap when Sakurai could have easily added the Queen of Darkness Medusa as a Palutena clone. More people wanted medusa and would have gladly accepted her as a Palutena clone over emo pit. Smh

~Burst~

Smash Journeyman
He's such a waste. Why add an overrated emo color swap when Sakurai could have easily added the Queen of Darkness Medusa as a Palutena clone. More people wanted medusa and would have gladly accepted her as a Palutena clone over emo pit. Smh
PJSalt
You pretty much just said make a clone for a character I want to use. The bias is real.

Wii Twerk Trainer

Smash Ace
NNID
Wiifitgaypride69
PJSalt
You pretty much just said make a clone for a character I want to use. The bias is real.
Dark is a one shot from 1 game vs a villain who was in 2 games as well as being the main villain of the 1st kid Icarus. Medusa was way more deserving then dark pit. Most people would agree with that but he made pits dark palette swap playable but Alph an alt? Ya sakurai has a lot of bias. I don't understand what's so cool about emo pit. I hate Magnus and I'd rather have him over dark pit.

Flaxr XIII

Smash Lord
NNID
FlaxrXIII
Why are the multiple options in the polls? Makes no sense...
I couldn't catch the stream so I couldn't see how cloney he plays, but I'm still glad he's in. Gotta have some positivity here.

4theRECORD

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
2878-9708-8635
He's a last minute clone, so I don't care for him that much.
In fact, I would've been pissed of even more if Sakurai actually put any effort into making his moveset any different. That would've meant that Sakurai put time and effort into Darkpit that could've been used to a decent semi-clone, like Wolf or Lucas. Thank god he's filler material, it means he'll be gone in the next one.

...That being said, we will need an explanation why Dark Pit and not a character from a not-so represented franchise, like Alph from Pikmin.

LIQUID12A

Smash Modder
NNID
LIQUID12A
3DS FC
0877-1606-0815
Personally, I am hugely indifferent to clones. While Lucina had the benefit of the doubt and unfamiliarity when I despised her inclusion(and this is considering that I had a complete 180 and began adoring her), I had already played Uprising before this and can safely say I dislike Pittoo's inclusion.

I'll leave it at that.

Last edited:

Nintendrone

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Nintendrone42
3DS FC
2535-3781-8442
Switch FC
SW 3369 4102 5813
The sad thing is, Pit and Dark Pit don't even have different voice actors. They're both Antony del Rio.

SmashWolf

Smash Journeyman
NNID
EchoSon
3DS FC
3738-0429-7658
This guy must've taken 5 to 10 hours to include. He got in over nobody, so quit your griefing. No original character would've made it in over Dark Pit, and knowing that, I'm actually quite happy he's in. I love me some Kid Icarus Uprising.

Erotic&Heretic

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure he is a bonus like Lucina, but seriously, he could have something else than arms and orbitars. And that staff... Victory pose.

The character himself doesn't bother me that much, it's that he is the cloniest of all clones.

FlynnCL

Smash Journeyman
I'm happy he's in, as I really enjoyed his character while playing Uprising.

However, his staff-wielding portrait is such a tease!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom