• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are we all REALLY playing brawl, or are we lying and playing mario kart or 360's

LavisFiend

Smash Lord
I kinda love my procrastanative nature, cause it gives me reasons to actually play Brawl.

I actually just got done beating boss battle mode on intense with PT, and I have about 12 more blocks to break before I finish the challenge wall. I didn't even use a hammer, and I don't intend to now.

Then there is still the stickers and trophies. I am even playing SSE again, trying to mop up the things I missed. I got 90% on that.

Oh, and I play with my friends whenever I get the chance.

By pacing myself and whatnot, I guarentee myself always something to earn in a playthrough if I want. It's a nice feeling to unlock a few things after a good Brawl session, and have something to look forward too next time I boot it up.

Thing is though, the game is only holding up for me because of my friends sticking with it. They make the experience far more better then anything the game can offer me in terms of petty aesthetics in my opinion.

On a side thing, when I am not playing that, I am writing reviews for semi-obscure games, and playing on Haunting Ground, a game I just recently bought.

If I am not doing that, I am working out, job hunting, or doing other things to occupy my free time.

I will admit though: all my actions are just to keep myself busy doing something to take my mind off the fact that I don't own a 360, considering how Ninja Gaiden II is on that console, and I am going crazy by not getting my hands on it.

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
I don't own MKWii and I'm not a big fan of 360. Brawl has my life. T_T

momochuu

Smash Legend
NNID
Momochuu
3DS FC
2380-3247-9039
Oh yeah, a bit of Melee too, but not as much as I play Brawl.

MidnightBliss

Smash Rookie
When I'm not playing brawl, which is VERY rare, I'm typically just playing any other fighters I have.
Such as accent core,Tekken Dr for psp, dakstalkers chronicle, Naruto ex2, etc.

zacharia zako

Smash Journeyman
i play halo 3 and cod4 more than brawl. right now im trying to get all stickers and trophies. i just finished the SSE on very hard ( I swear intense is like impossible!!!!!!) and so far i have 501 trophies, and 627 stickers! I almostr never get to paly brawl with my friends. they never play becaus ethey say its boring or they dont like gettin beat by me.

znintendotaku

Smash Journeyman
i think brawl has a qiueter rep than melee did, and the popularity just goes down . I for one struggle to play my wii at all, it hasnt been turned on for 2 months now! I actually rather play MGS, Halo, DMC4, COD4 and even my spiderman-2 game on my gamecube. I wish they anounced wii speak with brawl instead. then i might be interested.
does anyone realize you can play gamecube games on your wii?!?

JustNoOne

Smash Lord
I still play Brawl; but I need to play those other games when I get tired or bored from Brawl cause I don't want to waste my money and just leave it there for display. And also there are fun games other than Brawl!

I'm guilty; I play Mario Kart Wii too much :*(

ducky285

Smash Journeyman
Been praticing on Third Strike, Darkstalkers (for PSP, which sucks because I wish I could use my fighting stick for it :/) and Devil May Cry 4 on PS3. Brawl and a few GCN games are all my Wii has been running. I played Mario Kart for a week before becoming bored of it. Double Dash was a hell of a lot more fun.

massimo009

Smash Cadet
The only reason why i bought a wii is for brawl, and its the only wii game i have. But i play Team fortress 2 and Guild Wars more than it

OmegaXXII

Fire Emblem Lord/ Trophy Hunter
I do play Brawl, but only when I have company at my place such as friends, other than that I really don't play it, instead I'll play Bleach or rather play Melee

im looking forward to Soul Calibur 4 (maybe if YOU had customizable characters BRAWL!!!)
hmm. I feel you, I can't wait for SC4 as well ;)

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
I do play Brawl, but only when I have company at my place such as friends, other than that I really don't play it, instead I'll play Bleach or rather play Melee

hmm. I feel you, I can't wait for SC4 as well ;)
im very surprised, now i see debaters and a smash director in this very mediocre thread, honestly im shocked i thought this would have been a thread only opened to leave spam, but i guess people share the somewhat dissapointment that i have with brawl..:dizzy:

kATAlyst

Smash Apprentice
brawl 85% of the time, ill admit i sucked *** in melee, and all my mains are brawl only
and some rock band when friends are over

AlCaTraz644

Smash Apprentice
All i do is play brawl everyday, if i had a Ps3 i'd wait for all the hot fighting games making a comeback in 08 09 streetfighter 4, KoF 12, BlazBlue and Tasukuno vs Capcom or i'd just buy melee then i'd stop playing brawl for awhile fi these games have online that's just what i do just play fighting for which ever system i own at the time.

D

Deleted member

I only have a Wii so what choice do I have other than play Brawl?

MxGm

Smash Cadet
I always play Final Fantasy. I'm currently playing III on the DS and X on the PS2. When I have free time I play Brawl, but I just don't play it that often, only when I'm with my friends.

OmegaXF

Smash Ace
Speak for yourself people. I for one turn that Wii on daily to throw some people around in Smash! Oh yeah........Lotion for all!

MarKO X

Smash Champion
NNID
legendnumberM
3DS FC
2595-2072-2390
Switch FC
I play Brawl and Smash64... I can go back and forth between the two like lunch and dinner.

But I'm also playing various Street fighter games (online with 2df, better than Brawl's wifi ya know), plus some Sonic hacks. Oh yeah, I'm playing Mario64 as well. KLASSIC!

I'm always Brawl often though.

25%Cotton

Smash Ace
NNID
Samu.S
3DS FC
4785-5442-4678
well... i took out brawl and played some xmen legends II :p...
then i plugged in my ps3 and played ffxii for a few hours, hunting post-game marks....
then i put in KH2 and leveled up all my drive forms to max....

then i bought metroid corruption, and i've been playing that since.

brawl 85% of the time, ill admit i sucked *** in melee, and all my mains are brawl only
and some rock band when friends are over
this. (well, until like two days ago when the other stuff i talked about happened). i sucked *** in melee as well... and most of my favorite characters, while not necessarily NEW to brawl, might as WELL have been new to brawl (*cough*zelda*cough*)...

BentoBox

Smash Master
Sold my Wii a while ago. I play Brawl on weeklies, and that much alone is more than enough for me (it gets boring fast). Buying a 360 next week because there is so much more to look forward to.

¯\_S.(ツ).L.I.D._/¯

Smash Legend
I actually am playing Brawl a lot, there was a while though when I was playing No More Heroes and Mario Kart Wii instead, but I play Brawl quite frequently...that and Castlevania Portrait of Ruin...I'm getting myself set for Order of Ecclesia : )
Ya, can't wait for OofE, I'm also excited for the recently-announced Castlevania Judgment for Wii. But I've been playing Brawl since it came out, with like a 6 week period where I didn't after I unlocked every char and got kinda bored for a while. Then I found Smashboards.

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
Some People Cant Understand Some Abbrviations So Can U All Start Naming The Games Please, Thank You.

Top Bottom