• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Are these wings I'm growing?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
After so long trying to find a character that I both enjoy playing as and feel comfortable in almost all match-ups with, I have found that Pit has become extremely appealing to me.

I just want to let you all know that I may be maining him and would be more than happy to take advice, talk to other Pit mains and become a part of the Pit boards =)

Thanks =D

Psy

(p.s. Pit getting hit when trying to recover with WOI sucks =/ but oh well...)

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Hey!

Yeah, i've started to glide under some stages and using WoI on the other side (seems to work well on neutrals)

Thanks though =)

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
hum work on getting glide down after a while of practicing it really comes in handy with set up moves because if you attack while in glide right before you hit ground you.... hit in air land then as soon as you land you can do w.e move you want i like to combo it with up smash getting me an easy 25 damage

(im not a pit main but hey i hope i can help)

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
Aw thanks, Silver, I'll try that =)

I knew about the lack of lag Meta Knight has with his but wasn't sure if it was the same with Pit.

silver0p

Smash Journeyman
yeah its pretty good when combo'ed up with another attack you can do a shield or even a backward Foward smash or back smash idk pretty tight i think it even gives you a small glide but not much to make a diff

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
Well with Afro's link i guess you'll find some tibdits about pit, but i'd also recommend this thread

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=181610

it has all about pits moveset, frame data, ATs, and many other links to other helpful threads as well.

Persoanlly i've mained Pit since i watched the trailers of brawl and made him my own as soon as brawl´s release. And i gotta admit, that Pit is still a character that amazes me, i've once in a while find about a little trick i wasn't awared about.

EDIT:

About the WoI thing you hate, there's an AT named "Wing Refresh" aka "infinite wings", that may solve your problem in most ocassions.

Psymon

Smash Sweetheart
This thread might be quite helpful for you if you want a bit of advice.
http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=216351
That's a really good thread, thanks man =)

Arzengel - I've seen that guide already, it's the one I refer to most for various information, but goes to show that great minds think alike =) thank you

p.s. From playing with Pit a lot more recently, I've gotten used to gliding to cover distance when recovering and using WoI only when it is safe to do so. I know about Wing Refreshing, but I only use it offensively when edge-guarding, because I'd have to get hit off the stage DURING the Wing Refresh to be able to recover with it =/

Arzengel

Smash Apprentice
That's a really good thread, thanks man =)

Arzengel - I've seen that guide already, it's the one I refer to most for various information, but goes to show that great minds think alike =) thank you

p.s. From playing with Pit a lot more recently, I've gotten used to gliding to cover distance when recovering and using WoI only when it is safe to do so. I know about Wing Refreshing, but I only use it offensively when edge-guarding, because I'd have to get hit off the stage DURING the Wing Refresh to be able to recover with it =/
Glad to hear it man. we should try to test and compare Pit techniques sometime in online battles , is Wales on the U.S? i've played friends from over there, its a bit laggy but still enough to keep it decent. my info is on my profile, pm me someday, and duke it out.

Lezard

Smash Journeyman
Remember most importantly you of to have some faith in our Angel he is godsend

Roller

Smash Legend
So you want to main Pit? Ok. Here's the only advice you will ever need. This is how you play him.
B,B,B,B,B,B->,B,B,B->,B, C stick, Cstick.

There you go.

Green-Machine

Smash Apprentice
while that is a good strategy roller it doesnt really offer much room to play, i cant play online so idk if its really that fun i usually just play with my friends and family, but if u dont have fun with a game then why bother playing it..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom