• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

are e drinks good for tourneys?

Lucid

Smash Cadet
I've put a lot of thought in wondering if having an energy drink would help my smash game at a tournament. if anyone has any experience or any suggestions that would be nice. thanks.

Zodiak-Lucien

Smash Lord
haha try vpx redline then. It tests like crap but it will definately do something. It is the only energy drink to date that actually made my heart hurt.

ThatGuy

Smash Master
Should be in melee discussion unless you plan on organizing a tournament sponsored by Energy Drinks :)

I personally can't drink the stuff, I get a NASTY headache after, and I concentrate just fine without them.

CWolf20

Smash Journeyman
Take adderall if you want to improve your game. Recommended by Halo professionals everywhere. I'm not kidding, I've seen those guys popping adderall right before important games.

Ness_Superfair

Smash Rookie
Take adderall if you want to improve your game. Recommended by Halo professionals everywhere. I'm not kidding, I've seen those guys popping adderall right before important games.
Well that's dumb, it takes a while before adderall kicks in unless they are taking some type that is fast acting, unlike what i've seen... And yeah I've taken adderall before smashing (it was for a paper in a class, I just played afterwards because I was bored because I finished my paper in like 10 minutes) ma

Ness_Superfair

Smash Rookie
Well that's dumb, it takes a while before adderall kicks in unless they are taking some type that is fast acting, unlike what i've seen... And yeah I've taken adderall before smashing (it was for a paper in a class, I just played afterwards because I was bored because I finished my paper in like 10 minutes)

Eddie G

Smash Hero
NNID
neohmarth216
Hmm...no I wouldn't recommend it. I get to rushy rushy with my attacks and blow it if I drink any energy drinks.:dizzy:

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Whatever it takes to help your body focus

I personally like to listen to some light trance and although I haven't at a tournament for morale reasons, I find that when I take some of my ADD medicine I play much better.

I think your play mainly centers around how calm you are.

Well that's dumb, it takes a while before adderall kicks in
Do you know what you're talking about? Amphetamines affect everyone differently, adderall took like fifteen minutes to kick in when I was on it.

edit: Although I crushed the capsules to feel like a druggy cause I was stupid

NovaWave

Smash Journeyman
Do you know what you're talking about? Amphetamines affect everyone differently, adderall took like fifteen minutes to kick in when I was on it.

Amphetamines are just like every other drug, they have a set time to kick in. It can be rushed by a faster route to the blood stream either by snorting it or by injecting or parachuting. It can also be increased with more surface area, AKA crushing it. How much food in your stomach can also effect how long it takes to work.

The point is don't try to cut someone else down when you yourself know very little.
Adderall wouldn't kick in right away unless he snorted or injected it. Crushing it up, it would take like 15 minutes like you said. It has nothing to do with effecting everyone differently.

Rapid_Assassin

Smash Master
Why don't you just make sure you are well rested and not hungry? Works better than any stupid caffeine drink imo.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Amphetamines are just like every other drug, they have a set time to kick in. It can be rushed by a faster route to the blood stream either by snorting it or by injecting or parachuting. It can also be increased with more surface area, AKA crushing it. How much food in your stomach can also effect how long it takes to work.

The point is don't try to cut someone else down when you yourself know very little.
Adderall wouldn't kick in right away unless he snorted or injected it. Crushing it up, it would take like 15 minutes like you said. It has nothing to do with effecting everyone differently.
That was the point I was trying to get across with the edit, I said something stupid and didn't realize it till afterwards.

Master WGS

Smash Lord
Drink water.

Simple science has shown us that water is one of the best energizing liquids out there. Most people are tired because they're dehydrated, but if you drink plenty of water, your hydration and energy levels go up. Also, the effects of water are far longer lasting than energy drinks and coffee.

I'll add a link later, but trust me, it's true.

Top Bottom