• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

HollaAtchaBoy

Smash Master
This may sound weird...

Does anyone from NY feel like doing me a favor and trying to sell my SHFFL bumper stickers down there? I gotta start to clear these bit
ches out and I know people from SoVA actually have cars to put them on.

MaSHi

Smash Journeyman
i'm always down for MM sonnn! =P. i just wanna pull monies lol. big *** attendance

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I want one too. I don't drive, but that **** is too stylish.
Also.....LESS THAN A WEEK TO GO.
OMFG! TOURNAMENT! TOASTY! FOOD! MELEE!
GET HYPED!!!11!!

rhan

Smash Hero
Biggest event that has ever gone down in SoVA. People who aren't there will miss out. I'm so ready for Saturday and I will bring 200% of all I got.

Be prepared SoVA! <3

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Biggest event that has ever gone down in SoVA. People who aren't there will miss out. I'm so ready for Saturday and I will bring 200% of all I got.

Be prepared SoVA! <3
200% is not going to be enough.
You're gonna have to be over 9000.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
So. Crew battles. Discuss.
Regional or otherwise?
Who will reign supreme?
Will time permit anyways?

rhan

Smash Hero
If Toasty says it's going to work, then IT'S GOING TO WORK!

Ok yeah but seriously. We'd kinda expecting an update or something....

rhan

Smash Hero
I vote for regional crews if time permits.

Or draft crews maybe? Either way it should be fun. :)

Biosage X

Smash Apprentice
you better believe i am ****ing stoked for this ****.

also, draft/regional crews +1.

pss: what exactly is this nonsense you speak of my indian brother? its just ODU, anyone who tries to give us **** can get a kick to the jaw. stick it to the man, etcetc.

On a more serious note, this is the first tournament ive been excited since my first few when i was just getting into the scene. stoked to see everyone on saturday :D

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
**** you I'm not Indian.

edit: gahhh okay, fine. Here's the deal. We might not be getting the second identical venue like we originally thought. There is a possibility that the tournament will, unfortunately, be spread out across several floors of the building :( I really really hate to do this because I want everyone to kind of be able to roam free between the two rooms and you'll need someone with a Virginia House ID in order to get on the elevator from the ground floor [the other option is...long.]. And obviously the "hype" factor is greatly diminished as well as the feeling of it being such a huge event. The unity shared by attendees at any large tournament will be greatly diminished and...my dream of having the most amazing tourney in SoVa Smash history [to date] is looking grim ;___;

at the absolute least we have our usual awesome venue that will be, now, jam packed and it will lead to a shoutout thread of "man that was awesome but HOT AS BALLS OMG"

Sorry everyone. I'm working on fixing the problem but the outlook is less than amazing right now.

EDIT: Nothing will happen beyond teams and singles unless time permits. This means you have to follow the strict policies of playing friendlies during tournament time. How can you help move this along? Simple.

IF A TV IS FREE, FIND A T.O. AND ASK "Is there a tournament match that could be played right now?" and more often than not...there will be. This goes for POOLS too. If your pool is done PLEASE announce that or tell a TO as soon as it's available.

Caboose and I get to play friendlies whenever we want though.

Eat a d;ck.

XD

rhan

Smash Hero
That'll be a little difficult to do between floors. Also the receptionists' at the counter might give people a hard time for running back and forth, but it's still possible. It's not going to be like COT4 (Hopefully lol). I'm willing to try to bring a fan so that it won't be as hot.

And like Israfel said. I'm still hyped for this. People shouldn't be less hype now that things will be a little scattered. Everybody is here to play! Haha!

And for the room I'm willing to try and bring a fan.

toasty

Smash Hero
all hope isn't COMPLETELY lost...the reservation hasn't officially been denied, but recent information from Caboose's reconnaissance work has led me to believe it won't exactly work out wonderfully.

the option that ISN'T the elevator, that I said was "...long" would be to IM/Call someone upstairs, have them go down to the stairwell at the back of the building, and open the door for you XD

I really really really don't want it to come to this :(

thanks for the support guysss

toasty

Smash Hero
double posting so people see it as a new post:

I am ordering 40(+?) pizzas for this. I have to order in advance and I wanted to actually order tonight. If there are more than 80 people *weeps about the venue* then I can order extras on the day of.

I don't want to complicate things for them. I'm already going to be giving them a $20 tip and don't want to feel obligated to drop more.

This is pretty much what I want to do...one of these two things.

Option 1:
20 Cheese Pizzas
20 Pepperoni Pizzas

Option 2:
15 Cheese Pizzas
15 Pepperoni Pizzas
10 Sausage Pizzas

at 10 PM tonight I will probably place the order and people's opinions MAY be able to influence me a bit [esp if it's overwhelming in favor of one option over another]

I'm leaning toward option 1 simply out of convenience.

I will also need a small team of people to help me pick up the pizzas.

OH OH OH and my cousin will be helping me with the event.

IF YOU HARRASS HER, TOUCH HER, HIT ON HER (unless it seems welcomed and I don't hate you) I WILL BEAT THE EVERLOVING **** OUT OF YOU AND THROW YOU OUT OF THE VENUE.

^_^

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I vote option one and volunteer myself to help with pizza. I don't drive or anything, but i'll do what i can lol.

toasty

Smash Hero
I plan on having the pizzas ready at like 3 or 4...which is around the time teams are finished. If teams are at finals, when they arrive, if the players want I can delay finals and let them eat while I do registration for singles

good **** Isra =D

I just need people to ride with me in the vehicle and hold the stacks of pizza and then help carry them into the venue

rhan

Smash Hero
20 Pepperoni/Cheese pizzas are better in my opinion. That way there will be more to grab and less to choose from.

And as I said over the phone I'm down with helping any possible way I can.

Twig

Smash Journeyman
Option 1 for sure. Hopefully the venue thing works out, but if not, who cares, its meleeeeeeeeeee!

dobee

Smash Apprentice
double posting so people see it as a new post:

I am ordering 40(+?) pizzas for this. I have to order in advance and I wanted to actually order tonight. If there are more than 80 people *weeps about the venue* then I can order extras on the day of.

I don't want to complicate things for them. I'm already going to be giving them a $20 tip and don't want to feel obligated to drop more.

This is pretty much what I want to do...one of these two things.

Option 1:
20 Cheese Pizzas
20 Pepperoni Pizzas

Option 2:
15 Cheese Pizzas
15 Pepperoni Pizzas
10 Sausage Pizzas

at 10 PM tonight I will probably place the order and people's opinions MAY be able to influence me a bit [esp if it's overwhelming in favor of one option over another]

I'm leaning toward option 1 simply out of convenience.

I will also need a small team of people to help me pick up the pizzas.

OH OH OH and my cousin will be helping me with the event.

IF YOU HARRASS HER, TOUCH HER, HIT ON HER (unless it seems welcomed and I don't hate you) I WILL BEAT THE EVERLOVING **** OUT OF YOU AND THROW YOU OUT OF THE VENUE.

^_^
I got you with pizzas....
And I'm pretty sure you don't hate me... so were cool..

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Hellz ya, I'm off work this Saturday. I'll be there guaranteed now with my friends and our sets.

Now I just got to regain my melee technical skill...

Top Bottom