• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

rhan

Smash Hero
So I managed to upgrade my laptop from Vista to XP last night, so I will definately have a setup 4 recording now.
Speaking of recording. You think maybe you couyld bring the Gamebridge CD again? This time if we can get the software on S-Man's laptop then we can record off that. :3

*heart swellsssss*

I need to make that list..but SF4 is calling my name right now!!! XD
Get Halo.

Play me.

Get *****.

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
o yeah i had a pretty funny story b4 i played u guys too. at first the guy i was playing was beating me at first, even beating my blanka. then i started getting a few games off him. then he started winning again. then i decide to bring back blanka and then i get a 8 game win streak then he quits.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
SFIV < SFIII < Melee. No johns.

The thread says "melee revival," not "let's play/talk about some inferior game where we throw fireballs and get supers for getting beat up on." I know it's better than brawl, but that's not an accomplishment.

Cyrain

Smash Ace
SFIV < SFIII < Melee. No johns.

The thread says "melee revival," not "let's play/talk about some inferior game where we throw fireballs and get supers for getting beat up on." I know it's better than brawl, but that's not an accomplishment.
Lmfaotruth

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
sorry man I tried to get the talk to stop...my bad, I actually didn't realize I was typing about that in this thread [since I open all my updated subscriptions at once >_>] but annnnnyyyyywayyyy

This event's going to be toooooo good =D

Isra: who aside from Tope/Cyrain are trying to go to Genesis?!?! I'm going with you whoever goes from TR and I'm staying at the same place, too

chillindude829

Smash Master
kitsuneking is that your current tvc team in your sig? polymar's too goodz, i use ken/polymar, my sig is inaccurate as ****. if i make this we gotta play that shiz.

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
kitsuneking is that your current tvc team in your sig? polymar's too goodz, i use ken/polymar, my sig is inaccurate as ****. if i make this we gotta play that shiz.
haha i havent played tvc since Sinsation Fight Club. my fingers and mind cant move and think fast enough to play that game but yeah polymar/chun was my team. if you want i can convince a few local tvc players to show and they're... really beast. oh and i'm taking my wii stick apart and eventually turning it into a ps2/ps3 stick. SF4 is my game now. Lemme get some of that Sagat son. :chuckle:

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Melee is great and I am stoked for this event. Moreso than if it were an SFIV event. Man, what fun that would be.... "oh wow, look that sagat shot a fireball! ****, ryu shot a fireball into sagat's fireball! THE TENSION IS TOO MUCH! WHO WILL JUMP FIRST?! OMFG!" Nah, not really, that **** would be lame lol.

Toasty: It might just be me going with tope and cyrain to genesis. I dunno at the moment though. I haven't pre-registered for that reason, since I dunno who I'd be teaming with for melee. (I'm not entering brawl events) Speaking of which, do you have a team-mate?

KitsuneKing

Smash Journeyman
Yes. Melee is great and I am stoked for this event. Moreso than if it were an SFIV event. Man, what fun that would be.... "oh wow, look that sagat shot a fireball! ****, ryu shot a fireball into sagat's fireball! THE TENSION IS TOO MUCH! WHO WILL JUMP FIRST?! OMFG!" Nah, not really, that **** would be lame lol.
just curious, have been to an actual SFIV event? like.. a real tournament. not gamestop, cuz that **** is hype as hell. i'd rather get hyped over fireballs than fox up throw-> up air, or chun cr.mk-> SA II lol

~RiKu~

Smash Cadet
**** talk in SF > **** talk in melee btw.

and both games r fun and i love both games. but u can't 4get if street fighter wasn't invented, then we probably wouldn't have games like melee.

o as for my recording setup 4 the tourney, my gamebridge seems to freeze on my laptop whenever i try to record something so it may be a 50/50 chance on me bringing my setup.

chillindude829

Smash Master
stfu, you main peach in melee, not like you do anything exciting anyway

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
Haha oh wow, I was just joking. That'll teach me. I suppose it's hard to detect sarcasm over the internet, but I figured since they were just games people would assume that I couldn't be being but so serious. I haven't been to an SFIV tournament, I'm sure they're fun.

And **** you chillen, peach in melee is totally more interesting than SFIV characters. Float cancelling is the ****.

toasty

Smash Hero
sooo yeah let's stop all the SF Vs. Smash retardedness XD

Isra: we should definitely team for Genesis!!!

I'm still debating entering Brawl at Genesis because on the one hand, I'd rather have more Melee time and not have to deal with switching [even though I'm quite good at switching but it's impossible to deny that it has SOME effect] and not have to deal with the stress that comes with actually TRYING in Brawl

but at the same time all the ROBs that I'm tight with, both active and inactive players, want to make it a point to try at Genesis and I'm probably not going to play Brawl anymore after that...gah iunno >_>

anyway, I'm not playing teams at my Melee event because I'm gonna be busy with administrative stuff and keeping things running smoothly until singles start =D

edit: quick-float-nair-FC-dsmash (or jab) is one of the sexiest things I've seen in Melee

Cyrain

Smash Ace
I've watched my fair share of SFIV tourney matches. Mediocre.
But then again, I've never been a 2d fighter fan outside of melee anyway, so maybe I'm just biased.
Chillin, peach does cool things, gtfo.
Toasty, I love you.
Isra, I love you too.

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I'm down for teaming toasty. We should play some team friendlies together on the 25th if you're not too busy. ^_^

Israfel

Smash Journeyman
I mean, I would like to stay at your place if the offer is open. I'm sure everyone else from team richmond would like that as well. Good **** on saving the tournament. I did not know it was even in danger. You're so fast. :D

I will money-match people. Who wants to?

toasty

Smash Hero
Well I'm getting a LOT of people to come through for this and in order for everyone to be comfortable and have an amazing time, I would have to get a second venue beyond the one we had booked because I don't want people get all hot/smelly/cranky etc etc and not have any room for people to move around and hang out. Plus we wouldn't have enough room for all the setups we plan to have [at least 15 so far =D]

The thing was, in order to get the specific second venue that I needed, I thought you had to live in that residence hall and NO ONE I know knows anyone who lives in that hall. Just found out today that anyone with ODU housing can reserve that common room in that residence hall. Which is amazing. Now all we're waiting on is confirmation and the tourney will be saved. Esp because I'll need more room for all the food that I'll have there ^_^

OH RIGHT....

ATTENDEES LIST!!!

Confirmed [or at least 95% sure...LET ME KNOW IF YOU'RE MISSING FROM THE LIST OR SHOULD NOT BE ON IT!!!]

toasty
Caboose
G-regulate
KM
Tope
Doll
Savedge
Cyrain
Ether
LoZR
Geos
Nelo
O-NO
Israfel
Lord Karn
Knorr
KoTR
ndn
KitsuneKing
Cdot
Darwen65
Midtier
CStick
SpeedYoshi
SchoolieDee
Kukulza (Juan)
Poehlcat
Arsenal Russ
Riku
Arthur
Tamillow
OMG H4X
Giggidax
COCM
BlackG
MaSHi
SK
rhan
Shaeman111 (S-man)
Crystalnite (IV)
Pitzer
Knightpraetor (KP)
Malco
Jwolf
Oro? (Nino)
EarthP0w3R
Cinder
Twiddle
Victor
Italian Ice (Daniel)
ETWIST51294
Foxy
Room
GofG
Sampsun
Dobee

MAYBE:
Chillindude829
Jank
Redd
ChRed2aKrisp + others

waiting on a lot of others to give me updates =D

ChRed2AKrisp

Smash Master
lol, israfel, i haven't played him since i lost to him in teams because an apple exploded between us on green greens at C3. bad memories.

rhan

Smash Hero
HECK YESH! Twiddle and Cinder are comming again! This time more than one match, Cinder. Haha.

Top Bottom