• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APRIL 25, SOVA'S MELEE REVIVAL!!!...Part 2. Results thread up...

Link O maC

Smash Cadet
love to join..
but I haven't played since the last melee tourney I got wrecked at....
love the old days :urg:

Tristan_win

Not dead.
wtf tristan, why do you have 3 consoles, 3 tvs, and 3 melee discs... xD?
Me? Oh no. Before Brawl came out Apex was getting only more and more into smash and was starting to buy game cubes, tvs and so on.. I think he was striving to make like a home arcade or something. Then on that faithful day brawl came out and 2 weeks later with reports from myself about melee scene having a sharp drop the love died.

He says things like "Melee isn't a game, it's an art! Brawl is a game"

^ This is why I want him to get back into smash and start going to tournaments again... Also back in melee he was always a better smasher then me. Although I doubt I'll be much of a threat at this tournament ~stills try to grab ledges with sheik *** like he does in brawl~ Apex wont, he for the most part kept up his skills.

Although we are all out of pracitce.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! <
Tristan I admire y'all's spirit. Did you get a hold of Caboose?

ommmmmg THIS **** IS TOMORROW.

I might die this weekend. I'm alREADY exhausted and I've got people coming maaad late tonight, then tomorrow is obviously going to ****, and then the fest after the tourney PLUS cleaning and rearranging my house on sunday.

Tristan_win

Not dead.
haha, Apex got work at 9 in the morning on Sunday so we are leaving at 10ish when this tournament is said to end. It's funny how my dad’s GPS says it's like 3 hours and 43 minutes away while map quest says 3 hours and 3 minutes away.... Whatever we will triple tag team this **** with a map of Virginia, GPS, and map quest so we shouldn't get lost…Although we might have to wake up at like 6 am >_<.

I think this will be the longest distance or 2nd most we have ever traveled the first being when we went up to Baltimore back in 06 to get ***** in some big "real" tournament that also had halo 2....maybe MLG, idk. That really set the spirit of competiveness in us. I'm hoping this will light that spark in them once more.

Oh by the way toasty if it wasn’t for the name of the event I would most likely not be able to convince them to come :3 …also there’s only going to be 3 of us not four like I thought, one drop out. We are still bringing three sets though.

toasty

Smash Hero
Norfolk/Virginia Beach, VA - IT'S SOVA, BABY! &lt;
oooh so you guys aren't coming tonight? I see. Well **** enjoy the drive, I've done that too much from SoVa to NoVa so I know the pain :( Make sure you relax, eat, and warm up as much as you can when you get here.

For you and everyone else:
NEVER be shy about asking "can I have next?" or "is there a line? alright, I'm in". If you don't ask, you'll never get to play XD

SchoolieDee

Smash Journeyman
reno Said He'll Probably Arrive Around 1-2 In The Morning, Which Is Too Late For Us. We Don't Think We're Going To Go.
Well If That Falls Through He Could Always Team With Me And Then Do Friendlies/mm's With Reno Later

Just A Suggestion.

toasty

Smash Hero
LOLOLOLOL Schoolie even I won't let that happen. I told Ether that I'd do the same thing if I had the chance to team with Reno LMAO

sorry buddy...if anything Karma will get him like it got me when I abandoned SK for LoZR :(

[**** that **** Ether!!! yayuhhhzzzzz]

I anticipate a lot of footage being recorded this weekend to complete the Squirtle Squad combo video ^_^

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Yeah... leaving the night before would be a very good idea but since I get out of work at 11, apex get out work at 11 and heck I wouldn't be suprise that emmit is working too we are all rather tied up.

BY THE WAY... What's your number toasty? You don't seem to have it listed on the front page =(

Gum

Smash Journeyman
Quick random question, the answer to which could effect me getting back into the smash world or not. How widespread and common is this Brawl+ thing that I have been hearing about?

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Quick random question, the answer to which could effect me getting back into the smash world or not. How widespread and common is this Brawl+ thing that I have been hearing about?
Go play Melee if you don't like Brawl. I don't know how widespread it is as of yet but I think it's growing. I know chu dat biweeklys are having brawl+ tounys among with brawl and maybe melee still if enough people want it but other then that I try to keep my nose out of such things really.

Link O maC

Smash Cadet
Wait! I've got it!
If I practice my heart out all day, then tomorrow...
I'm sure to beat Tope!
but in reality, place between 30th - 20th place!!! :chuckle:

ps. no doubles partner. (might pare with a friend if no takers)
I'm a great doubles partner! Well, used to be that is... I've got spirit! :lol:

toasty

Smash Hero
it's slowly picking up speed. There are some HUGE Brawl/Melee tourneys that have Brawl+ as an official event. I'm going to get up with Dean soon to hack my Wii so I can get into it [and have the sweeeeet textures hack ^_^].

Good lord that game is fun.

Khalil I ****ing envy the Smash/SF4 scene down there :( Too good...**** the *insert anything* scene down there is too ****ing good >_>

Hit me up when you get back for that Krispy Kreme Hot Donut MM

OH RIGHT I FORGOT TO MENTION!!!

Thanks to the good people of www.dumskeme.com [my cousin's clothing line] and www.illusivemedia.com [lol okay, same person] I have a ballin camera to use this weekend.

I'll be filming the fest/welcoming party for OOS tonight at my house, I'll be filming some at the tourney tomorrow, and I'll be filming at the "after party" fest at my place tomorrow night.

So to those who are fortunate enough to be there...LOOK SHARP SON! hehe nah nah I'll be recording key moments like teams and singles finals [crowds baby] and random ****...random interviews and such. I only have 4 hours of footage available to me :(

Anyway...the point is:

Wear Dumskeme. I'll be rockin some custom Skeme tomorrow night and a different shirt on Saturday. freshhhhhhhh

dobee

Smash Apprentice
Wait, dumskeme is your cousin's clothing line?!?!
Good ****.
Oh and i'm pretty sure I didn't get the room -_-

Tristan_win

Not dead.
Oh I know it's completly off subject but if anyone here is going to "APEX" in nj and are looking to split a bill for a room please contact me. Cross and I need roomates to help pay the cost of the bill.

R3N0

Smash Lord
lmao relax, ive never had anyone fight over me before lol ..

R3N0

Smash Lord
lol if we get there before 5am

g$ is taking forever.. hes just now on his way to my house (30 mins) then to jman's (40 mins) then onwards to you (7hours + 30mins)

wOO
im glad i have my entertainment ready.
Nachos like.. REAL NACHOS or like.. doritos?
real nachos i .e . sourcreme de -la creme' and like black pinto beanz, Jala (Ja-la not hala) pen(squigglyline)o's ? and like.. salsa and hot women on top?

lululul, **evil curly mustache**

r we gonna make toasty shmmorrrresss? (like in your pic) cuz ive never had one.

Gum

Smash Journeyman
@Toasty: Obviously I cant make it to this one, but I am going to try to make it up to the next major tourney, if for no other reason than to just chill with everyone. I played Brawl for the first time in MONTHS yesterday and oddly enough ***** continuously with Samus. Im trying to see everyone in SF4 AND the new KOF. I've been really into a lot of fighting games recently, im even hosting a Samurai Showdown 2 tourney this weekend. You should try to host something in the first week of July, cus im MOS DEF gonna be back for that.

toasty

Smash Hero
awwww that blows dude [the timing]...I didn't expect you to be back for this but early July is ******** for me.

July 3rd: wedding reception for a buddy in NY

July 8th-14th [hopefully]: I'll be in Cali for Genesis and good times

:(

Also this is the last major one I'm hosting...IF I ever host again it will be way later or at least considerably later than Genesis. But yeah Real Life just got crazy ridiculous all of a sudden in the last month.

good **** on getting all in the fighters scene :) I'm working my way into the SF4 scene but I have so little opportunity to really learn all the **** there is to learn for anyone aspiring to be **** XD But hopefully that will change soon...we'll see.

I might pull a Chu and come back randomly and say "so I decided to host ANOTHER final big tourney XD"

edit @ Reno: yayuhhz thanks man...I'm pretty proud of them :) they're just cheese, chips, and salsa, but I guarantee they're the best cheese/chips/salsa nachos you've ever had

DJ would dub them "toasty nachos of the love" for sure

Link O maC

Smash Cadet
Enver! Put me up on the list, please.
I shall join.. This time, I wont bail... No matter how hard I get pwnd :laugh:

R3N0

Smash Lord
so ... im still in new york lol. at my house.. but its ok.. G$'s driving is beast..

PLEASE PRAY FOR US AS WE WILL BE GOING VERY FAST

Top Bottom