• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Chad and Aaron, I'd be happy to have you guys on board for TOing. I'm planning a tentative half-hour Skype meeting next week to go over some things, hope you guys can make it to that, will post about it in the FB group later.

D

Deleted member

Roy - Sweet XII featuring Trail? You should come.

Juggleguy - I'm bringing someone with me. I think he might be banned from the boards so I'll leave it as a surprise haha. I'm bringing a full Melee setup and possibly an N64 + SSB.

Battlecow

Play to Win
yo m2k me and kero are teaming so you better grab boom if you wanna get second, it's wide open.

What did the 64 cap end up being set at?

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Yeah there's no cap for anything.

We plan to power through the Brawl events as fast as possible at the beginning of the day to open up the schedule and space for everything else after 3pm.

Still, there definitely won't be enough time to have both 64 singles pools and 64 doubles. I think it's best if we run a straight bracket for both.

THuGz

Smash Lord
Oh Battlecow I'm flaking out of our MM, haven't had my 64 to practice in 2 weeks because of a certain TO of this tournament :p

TheKmanOfSmash

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3196-5443-8100
This tourney looks like it's going to be mad fun, I'd like to see if I can come all the way up here.

Is there any way I can get some info on housing?

kd-

Smash Lord
Unfortunately I can't make this anymore. Sorry Apasher I'll team with you next time =/ also everytime I've offered to help TO Rob I somehow can't make it to the tourney to help TO. The kd curse

Apasher

King Arthur
Premium
NNID
Apasher
Unfortunately I can't make this anymore. Sorry Apasher I'll team with you next time =/ also everytime I've offered to help TO Rob I somehow can't make it to the tourney to help TO. The kd curse
:(

I am now in need for a teammate.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Here's the schedule for Saturday.

Registration Schedule
10am-11am| Registration for Melee Doubles, Brawl Doubles
12pm-1pm| Registration for Melee Singles, Brawl Singles, PM Singles
5pm-6pm| Registration for Smash 64 Singles

Tourney Schedule
10am| Venue Opens
11am| Melee Doubles, Brawl Doubles begins
1pm| Melee Singles, Brawl Singles begins
---| PM Singles begins immediately after the conclusion of Brawl Singles
6pm| Smash 64 Singles begins

* Registration for Melee Doubles and Brawl Doubles will run from 10am-11am only. You must register during this time if you want to enter one or both of these events.
* Registration for Melee Singles, Brawl Singles, and PM Singles will run from 12pm-1pm only. You must register during this time if you want to enter any or all of these events.
* Registration for Smash 64 Singles will run from 5pm-6pm only. You must register during this time if you want to enter this event.
* Bring exact change only. We won't accept anything else, so this is on you. Multiple $5 bills are best.
* If you are registering for doubles, you must come up to registration with your teammate.
* Full setups for any game must arrive before 1pm in order to qualify for the $5 venue fee refund.

Registration Schedule will be strictly enforced -- you have to arrive and register during one of those three hours listed above, depending on which events you're entering. We won't accept phone calls to enter anyone in ahead of time -- be at the venue on time or you're not entering.

Smash 64 Doubles and PM Doubles are tentative events that will happen if we finish Smash 64 Singles and Melee Singles, respectively, by 10pm. Think of it as an incentive to arrive on time and play your matches accordingly. There's no reason both can't happen if everyone does what they're supposed to do. Looking forward to it!

JTsm

Smash Master
Might go for PM, but it's not guaranteed.

I will bring a PM setup if I do go.

Maestro_

Court Composer
NNID
Maestro227
3DS FC
3411-1820-5923
Man, a lot of hate goin on for Brawl. Hope I even have some people to play against. hehe :093:

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
I've managed to secure the Boulevard Room that's right across the hallway... depending on how many show up, we might host the Brawl events in there. It'd be in the best interests of everyone involved in terms of space.

What's The Point

Smash Master
Juggle, you really should just remove Brawl from your schedule and add in 64 and PM doubles. Throw us Brawl people in the other room and we'll take care of ourselves.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
The schedule is final. I'm not guaranteeing 64 Doubles and PM Doubles unless everyone proves that they're capable of arriving on time and playing their matches on time. If that happens, then both of those events will happen. 4 hours is more than enough time for 64 Singles Bracket and Melee Singles Bracket to finish if everyone does what they're supposed to do, so this is a very reasonable deal.

The schedule is final. I'm not guaranteeing 64 Doubles and PM Doubles unless everyone proves that they're capable of arriving on time and playing their matches on time. If that happens, then both of those events will happen. 4 hours is more than enough time for 64 Singles Bracket and Melee Singles Bracket to finish if everyone does what they're supposed to do, so this is a very reasonable deal.

I think it's more of, the brawl ppl just wanna do their own thing out of the way instead of being crammed into a tight schedule for a tournament that it's not even a significant event at, so Kevin was suggesting that u let us do that, and spend the time you would spend on brawl on something else

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
"Doing your own thing" doesn't work when there's cross-attendance with other events, that's why the schedule is how it is.

Yeah I agree with you.

P:M/64 suck and an 8 man brawl tournament that consists of entirely locals(and not even all of them) should take precedence over what the people who are actually going out of their way to get here want to play, because their game sucks, and brawl is amazing.

Top Bottom