• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 4, 2015] SWEET XX: A Super Smash Bros. Melee Tournament feat. Westballz! (East Lansing, MI)

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
This next one on March 2nd will probably be a more chill local, maybe 35-40 entrants or so.

SWEET XII on March 30th is where we're gonna pull out all the stops. Not confirming anything yet, but let's just say it will definitely be the most hype MI tourney since Big House 2.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
We are officially running Cactuar Stamina Pancake as a side event at this. After playing it at the Chicago tourney, I've decided I need to show the rest of MI how fun it is lol. $1 winner take all, rules will be put up soon.

ORLY

Smash Master
LOL you can "like" things now? oh man smashbook

also: i'll be looking for a chicago carpool for march 30th if that's gonna be the good one

Soloist

Smash Ace
What is Cactuar Stamina Pancake?
Cactuar Stamina Pancake Rules:

Cactuar
- All stages are legal except Icicle Mountain, Brinstar Depths, and Hyrule Temple
- Both players get two bans
- Matches are best of 7

Stamina
- Stamina Mode

Pancake
- Players select a random character
- Each player gets one "flip" per game
- A flip is either repicking your own character, or forcing the opponent to repick, or you can pass

- Loser picks stage
- Winner flips first

ORLY

Smash Master
@soloist: close, but no cigar. no bans, no stage picks, and no jungle japes.

it used to be no big blue, but they allow it now.

ORLY

Smash Master
yeah it kind of changed last weekend

or it may just be a gentleman's agreement to not CP stages and random every game

i was surprised when they told me big blue was back on and jungle japes was taken away

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
So it looks like there is room in the schedule for a 64 side event after all, but I'd need someone who could run it without ANY help from me, including confirmation of setups. If you're up to it, please email me: robharn@umich.edu

Sweet™

Smash Famous @PennStateSweet #SweetNation
Premium
I can help out if need be, Rob. I pretty much ran it last time. lol.

If we have enough setups, and less than 10 entrants, we could do a round robin depending on when we'd start.
If not, standard double elim it is.

Saxophoneoftime

Smash Lord
Will there be plenty of friendlies? I don't think I'm good enough for the tourneys, so I just want to play friendlies. Would that be fine?

Top Bottom