• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Midwest [Apr 25, 2015] TSuyondere's Torment Tournament Trial THREE (WiiU + PM) (Columbus, Ohio)

Suyon

Smash Lord
I was aware of that 2 weeks ago. I didn't see facebook post or anything until I saw some people mention about AL on the 28th. Nothing I can do about that. Have fun in AL though @ skiboots skiboots

Can anyone in Cbus house M@V and PGH people?

Last edited:

skiboots

Smash Cadet
NNID
skiboots
I was aware of that 2 weeks ago. I didn't see facebook post or anything until I saw some people mention about AL on the 28th. Nothing I can do about that. Have fun in AL though @ skiboots skiboots

Can anyone in Cbus house M@V and PGH people?
Definitely gonna try and make it to the next one though!! Hope it goes well :D

Suyon

Smash Lord
Going to mention I have an HDMI splitter for 4v4s. So there will be one monitor for each team. If the event overall is a success I will buy another then. Now me saying this may be a problem now since those who enter will probably want this more than cramping into one screen. Hopefuly people can bring a TV large enough for 8 people and not lag.

Second if anyone has the desire to Stream/record let me know. I won't be paying you so let's get that out of the way. If you have interest just message me so I can think of a floor plan.

Mister Eric

Twitch.tv/MisterbeepEric Twitter: @MisterbeepEric
NNID
MisterEric
3DS FC
1075-1236-8207
Going to mention I have an HDMI splitter for 4v4s. So there will be one monitor for each team
So hype.
Wishing this tourney all the best.
Can't go to any tourney this weekend. Gotta visit me papa...The Columbus player of course.

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
A question for the Amiibo ones. Custom Equipment is banned. Does that include equipment that was fed to the Amiibo? Do they need to be clean slate in regards to equipment?

Suyon

Smash Lord
Status for Stream confirmed
A question for the Amiibo ones. Custom Equipment is banned. Does that include equipment that was fed to the Amiibo? Do they need to be clean slate in regards to equipment?
I had no idea you could feed your Amiibo equipment. I don't own an Amiibo so this is news to me. But yes, no equipment at all. So stop feeding your children!

IvoYaridovich

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
4355-9654-5728
Might want to make that clear in the ruleset. I'm sure theres a few people that will need to reset and retrain them. Unless theirs a way to unfeed them.

Suyon

Smash Lord
"Your Amiibo must not have custom equipments whatsoever INCLUDING feeding equipments to them! Must be a clean starving Amiibo."

Has been added to the rules now under the Amiibo section

Suyon

Smash Lord
Alright guys the tournament is tomorrow! So couple of things to note.

If you haven't told your friends about this event then you should!

If you are arriving late please text, message on Facebook, message in this thread, message on the Facebook event page, or call me at least before the registration deadline for the event you want to enter!

If you plan on entering Amiibo events. Make sure you're Amiibo has not eaten any equipments! Starve that Amiibo.

Depending on entrants for all side events they may either be Round Robin, Single Elimination Bracket, or Double Elimination Bracket. Payouts will also vary for the side events.

Custom moves are legal in the side events. So, if you have ANY custom move sets for your character let me know ASAP so I can get them.

About 8-10 setups are confirmed. 10 Asus Monitors confirmed. 1-3 TVs confirmed.

I suggest you guys take a look at the rules one more time. I've already printed out a basic version.

Any other concerns let me know.

Have fun!

Suyon

Smash Lord
Would you be able to get a ride to the venue from wherever you're being dropped off? I personally don't have car. So I can't help you there at all.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
So when you say customs are legal for side events, you're talking about all events other than the traditional Singles and Doubles?

Dr Marius

Smash Rookie
So I missed this one, but I see there is one next month. I really want to show up, but I'm 31 years old. Is there anyone there around my age? Would it be awkward to have someone in their 30's show up to play?

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
So I missed this one, but I see there is one next month. I really want to show up, but I'm 31 years old. Is there anyone there around my age? Would it be awkward to have someone in their 30's show up to play?
Nah man, we don't discriminate lol, we're all just here to play Smash

Suyon

Smash Lord
Tournament will be held in the same exact location as the last tournament, Ohio Union in rooms Suzanne M. Scharer Room and Rosa M. Ailabouni Room (3rd Floor). There won't just be a tournament this time. There will also be a LAN party that is being hosted by ESI! They will be playing games such as League of Legends, DOTA2, Hearthstone, etc. Not only will they be playing these games there will also be a raffle for amazing prizes too! Such prizes include Logitech G710+ Keyboard, Logitech Mouse, and Logitech Headset.

This tournament will be two stocks. There will be a poll for having custom moves or not on the facebook page. If custom moves are legal then you are responsible for bringing in your own custom moves. There will only be one Amiibo event this time.

EDIT: AT MLG Arena atm and can't even use facebook becaues internet is so bad lol. So no poll yet.

Here is Pre-Registration Form: http://goo.gl/forms/m78rtpvYRZ
Facebook Event Page: https://www.facebook.com/events/530880270386505/?ref=2&ref_dashboard_filter=upcoming

Last edited:

Shadow the Past

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3711-8167-5215
Will the ESI event be held downstairs, in the big ballroom Shuffle 4 was at, or in one of the nearby rooms on the third floor? Gunna get me some Hearthstone in.

Last edited:

Suyon

Smash Lord
The ESI room will be held in the Senate Chamber Room 2nd Floor. Same area just floor below.
There will be more info later on how the raffle will work.

Suyon

Smash Lord
Little. If I did have Project M then it would be only singles $5 entree fee. Also schedule would have to change as well. Still deciding on which Amiibo event to go with. Also debating if 4v4 should be 3v3 instead now.
Also, I have to coordinate with ESI.

The_Altrox

Smash Lord
NNID
The_Altrox
Also debating if 4v4 should be 3v3 instead now.

4 vs. 4 may be more chaotic, but it's also more glorious. That's just my opinion though.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
I think the name should be changed to TSuyondere's Torment Tournament Trial 2: Electric Boogaloo, The HOO-HAH Strikes Back

...I regret nothing

Last edited:

Suyon

Smash Lord
You have fulfilled your duty in life.

Would April 25th be a bad time for anyone? Was going to attempt to reserve same or different rooms. Finals begin on April 29th, Wednesday. Only thing conflicting would be I guess is that OSU Melee is going to host at Donatos? I don't see any problem though since more than half of Smash 4 players here wouldn't enter it anyways.

BugCatcherWill

Smash Ace
NNID
BugCatcherWill
3DS FC
4098-4993-0977
Would April 25th be a bad time for anyone?
I probably wouldn't be able to make it because my family will be coming up so my brother can have an on-campus tour and whatnot.

I'll double check with what time they're visiting and see how that aligns with the schedule

Suyon

Smash Lord
That's fine BugCatcherWill. You can still stop by afterwards.

So, I forgot to change the facebook event page link on the first post. https://www.facebook.com/events/530880270386505/

Also, I would highly recommending either pre-registering or going to the Facebook event page to cast in your votes if this should event be 3 stocks or 2 stocks and having customs legal or not. I'm only going to care for those that attend tournaments, coming to my event(s), discuss with me, and pre-registering.
Poll will end on March 21st.

Pre-registration form: http://goo.gl/forms/m78rtpvYRZ
Please please please pre-register. It will make my life a bit easier if you do so.

Last edited:

Suyon

Smash Lord
Couple of things to update.
Results from the Poll
3 Stocks and Customs Banned. 39% for customs 61% for no customs. Would have let customs legal if there was more than 43%
Room may be changed to Round Meeting room only.
There will be a Hearthstone tournament from ESI so check out their event page.
Next tournament April 25th (if rooms are confirmed) will have PM singles only. Tournament will also be either 2 stocks 6 minutes with or without Custom moves being legal. Will have another poll and 43% at least over for customs to be legal.

Reminder.
Very few amount of people have pre-registered so I would appreciate it to have more people pre-register!
From this information alone I have 0 people bringing in Wii U's. Please bring setups!

Last edited:

Suyon

Smash Lord
Custom moves are legal.
Reason: I forgot to add OS's carpool. With OS's feedback I assume 4 are going. If Myles is also going then that will def. swing in Customs favor with it being 44%
So yeah custom moves are legal now. Even I'm not a fan but these are the results I got. Feedback was important.
Anyways KY gonna need your help with setting custom moves on the Wii Us'.

@ Shadow the Past Shadow the Past https://www.facebook.com/events/944054658961914/

Registration will be at the LAN, start time TBD
5$ buy in
Prizing: 1st place-40%, 2nd - 20%, 3rd - 10%, 30% to Childs play

SuperSalamence

Smash Cadet
NNID
T-Flex
3DS FC
5455-9990-9310
Couple of things to update.
Results from the Poll
3 Stocks and Customs Banned. 39% for customs 61% for no customs. Would have let customs legal if there was more than 43%
Room may be changed to Round Meeting room only.
There will be a Hearthstone tournament from ESI so check out their event page.
Next tournament April 25th (if rooms are confirmed) will have PM singles only. Tournament will also be either 2 stocks 6 minutes with or without Custom moves being legal. Will have another poll and 43% at least over for customs to be legal.

Reminder.
Very few amount of people have pre-registered so I would appreciate it to have more people pre-register!
From this information alone I have 0 people bringing in Wii U's. Please bring setups!

I don't have a wii u nor do I feel like forking over $350+ dollars for a system that I probably won't put a lot of time into or buy a lot of games for. Also, since when is 43% a majority?

Last edited:
Top Bottom