• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

[Apr 19, 2014] Fight Pitt IV - Streamed by VGBootcamp - April 19h (Pittsburgh, PA)

Life

Smash Hero
So I certainly cannot come to this one because of a rehearsal and some other things. Good chance I wouldn't be able to make a hypothetical one next month unless it was Sunday (and even that's not a guarantee).

Would still love to start playing again though.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
loool not really. I mean we have a bag full of controller parts just in case we need to mix and match, but it never ends well lol.

But WV is def back in business!

6VI6

Smash Apprentice
FUUUUUUUUUUUU can't enter, last minute complications. At best I'll come at the end and get some friendlies, maybe see some hype grand finals and I want to play WV. I think I played some of you at /Hope4.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Whoever brings a cube/wii with a melee and memory card first gets their venue fee waived. We're short one system for the club's TVs.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
We're on our way. Might be pushing the 12pm timing, but it should be around then. We have 2 teams that want to enter

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Good **** guys. Hope you all enjoyed yourselves. Gonna start planning for next month, so I'll keep you all posted.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
And that also depends on Pitt cooperating with me. May might be canceled since the office is AWOL for like two weeks. I'll do my best to make things work though.

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
WE ARE BACK BABY. Bigger/Better venue, 100 dollar pot bonus, Brawl, what's not to like? Tell your friends for May 18th!

Todd Bonney

Smash Lord
Ugh, I have a graduation to go to this day, and I work Saturdays, but some day I'll make it back to the burgh.

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
$100 pot bonus? Nice, where'd that come from?

WV miiight have to make it for this. Gotta see where everyone is during the summer.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Hey is there anyway you could change the date for this event?? I'm hosting CROSSFIRE II this same day. And I don't want to compete for attendees.

PGH Carroll

Smash Master
lol none of us will be going to NY for that. PGH comes to NY like... once a year if that.
your not gonna hurt us and this isnt gonna hurt you.

2nd thought.. CANCEL your tourney and come to ours we have the Green Ranger.

theDuL0R

Smash Journeyman
Hehe, I can't. Just wanna make sure we don't conflict with each other. Good luck guys, I'll try to tune into the stream

bearsfan092

Smash Journeyman
Bad news guys. It turns out part of the reasons why Pitt got back to me so slowly was that they changed their facilities hours, and they just informed me that it's going to cost $750 to keep the facility open any time past 7 PM on a weekday (this means weekends are out of the question). Obviously, this kills the viability of any tournament. We're either going to have to find a new venue or cancel monthlies until September when hours change back to something we can work with.

I'm really sorry about this guys. I feel bad that I'm screwing up on only our second monthly, but at the same time I don't feel too bad since Pitt is almost actively screwing me over.

Life

Smash Hero
So I certainly cannot come to this one because of a rehearsal and some other things. Good chance I wouldn't be able to make a hypothetical one next month unless it was Sunday (and even that's not a guarantee).

Would still love to start playing again though.
So all these months later, this is still a thing that is true. :|

Da Shuffla

Smash Lord
Yeah, Johny, please don't use the ninja against noobs. Unfortunately, not everyone has my attitude when it comes to getting destroyed.

Konrad-QD

Smash Journeyman
Hey so this is happening the same day as a Michigan tournament. I might come to this instead though because it's closer to me. However I'm only interested in brawl. Is brawl happening this weekend or no?

Top Bottom