• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Approaching with a Ganon... In need of help.

Luck-NYC/NJ

Smash Lord
BergenField, Bergen County(North East Jersey)
fair is his best approach, by far

learn his reach, then you can approach safely
i know this quote is from the first page but i dont think its correct, at least not in all situations.

especially against marth the fair approach is way to predictable and its to slow, marth's just fair u out of it.

i would say one of the best approaches is bair, f-tilt or just mindgames 2 grab. (lol i like how i made that sound like a move).

but yea thats just my opinion from experiences with marths.

thebluedeath1000

Smash Champion
He says I take the opinions of others, yet I state my things beforehand and all it was, was "Ganon owns" and he said no, he doesn't then when other people posted, I said "Yeah, I agree" and he says I have no opinion, then he speaks of how he hates people with no opinion and dippndots made an implied insult toward me calling me a kid if you can read inbetween the lines.

He says I'm riding the pros or something but he just doesn't like me for some reason, he doesn't try to beef with anyone but me and he has BS reasons for it.

I'm not going to agrue or post in this anymore, theres no point.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
omg all of this flaming is over from here on out! back to the thread at hand and discuss ganons approach or the thread shall be closed. save the flaming for real life when you can back your opinion with proof of whos better in smash.

OF 'til I OD

More vibes, please.
3DS FC
3797-8618-3772
Switch FC
SW-4939-9118-0296
He says I take the opinions of others, yet I state my things beforehand and all it was, was "Ganon owns" and he said no, he doesn't then when other people posted, I said "Yeah, I agree" and he says I have no opinion, then he speaks of how he hates people with no opinion and dippndots made an implied insult toward me calling me a kid if you can read inbetween the lines.

He says I'm riding the pros or something but he just doesn't like me for some reason, he doesn't try to beef with anyone but me and he has BS reasons for it.

I'm not going to agrue or post in this anymore, theres no point.
Wow...I never thought I'd see idiocy like that posted. You've reached a whole new level. :laugh:

chaddd

Smash Lord
Just remember, when you call people out, they think you're attacking them, when really you're attacking their opinion. A very big difference that kids don't understand.
There are two things wrong with this.

'kids' should have been replaced with 'stupid people'. You're assuming just because someone's full grown they're not an idiot.

Also, while it often quite the misconception to have someone would believe they're being attacked in a debate, many like to assume for themselves how emotionally devout someone is by reading a single post. Point is, even if someone claims not to have attacked you, they can still use the excuse "they were only attacking your opinion". But it does seem to me that Toecutter is attacking bluedeath for reasons of his own.

KIngGerudo

Smash Lord
yo its like no-one saw my post...

no joke the mods are probably hovering over the close button right now.
i saw it, dont trip ;D yea i guess if you do nothing but spam it on your approach, then it will get way predictable. mixing it up is best. chaddd, you make valid points about lots of things you say. and we arent flaming, well atleast i am not. dippndots, toecutter, and bluedeath, please stop all of this nonsense. can we all agree that we all like ganon? *plays "why cant we be friends" song*

DippnDots

Feral Youth
@Chaddd
--------------------------

There are two things wrong with this.

'kids' should have been replaced with 'stupid people'. You're assuming just because someone's full grown they're not an idiot.

Also, while it often quite the misconception to have someone would believe they're being attacked in a debate, many like to assume for themselves how emotionally devout someone is by reading a single post. Point is, even if someone claims not to have attacked you, they can still use the excuse "they were only attacking your opinion". But it does seem to me that Toecutter is attacking bluedeath for reasons of his own.
It's not an excuse, words have direct meanings for a reason.

I never said 'stupid people', I said 'people who say stupid things'. Which is exactly what I mean, I say stupid things all the time, but I'd like to think that I'm not stupid in comparison to the general population of America. Still, kids was a generalization that I shouldn't of used. But the reason behind my usage for it is because I'm a senior in high school, so the people I argue with are in fact, still kids.

Toecutter wasn't the one who initiated hostilities. You guys really need to learn to read, he had a freaking frowning smiley face after his words "this is so wrong". You just assumed he was trashing ganon, despite the fact that mains ganon and later went to give advice.

Re-read from page one and tell me that Toecutter started this. If you're sincere than you're an idiot, and that will be an attack on you and not your opinion. He simply defended himself after being badgered, which is completely understandable.
@Brawlpro

Post something relevant or get your post count up in the brawl section instead of here, please.

In general, people need to read sentences for what they mean, instead of making assumptions. For the last time, Bluedeath, I never said YOU. Not once, in that entire post. "You insinuated it, read between the lines!" is not a valid argument. Words have direct meanings.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I was referring to the fact that people in the brawl section post useless crap and get their post count up, nothing about your name.

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
I was referring to the fact that people in the brawl section post useless crap and get their post count up, nothing about your name.
omg shut the **** up, i don't post useless crap, i posted that earlier to make teh flammin stop, and am postin this here to shut you up, which i am sure you won't. you post useless crap, you looked at one of my post here and said i post useless crap...your useless, jeez...

chaddd

Smash Lord
@Chaddd

It's not an excuse, words have direct meanings for a reason.

I never said 'stupid people', I said 'people who say stupid things'. Which is exactly what I mean, I say stupid things all the time, but I'd like to think that I'm not stupid in comparison to the general population of America. Still, kids was a generalization that I shouldn't of used. But the reason behind my usage for it is because I'm a senior in high school, so the people I argue with are in fact, still kids.

Toecutter wasn't the one who initiated hostilities. You guys really need to learn to read, he had a freaking frowning smiley face after his words "this is so wrong". You just assumed he was trashing ganon, despite the fact that mains ganon and later went to give advice.

Re-read from page one and tell me that Toecutter started this. If you're sincere than you're an idiot, and that will be an attack on you and not your opinion. He simply defended himself after being badgered, which is completely understandable.
@Brawlpro

Post something relevant or get your post count up in the brawl section instead of here, please.

In general, people need to read sentences for what they mean, instead of making assumptions. For the last time, Bluedeath, I never said YOU. Not once, in that entire post. "You insinuated it, read between the lines!" is not a valid argument. Words have direct meanings.
No one said anything about some 'who started it' bullsh*t. You're reading wayyyyyy too hard into this, bro. It's just some smash forums. I wasn't trying to start a debate. Everyone gets to take their opinions and leave as much as they would like. It takes two people to start a conflict between them, by the way.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
No one said anything about some 'who started it' bullsh*t. You're reading wayyyyyy too hard into this, bro. It's just some smash forums. I wasn't trying to start a debate. Everyone gets to take their opinions and leave as much as they would like. It takes two people to start a conflict between them, by the way.
My point was that Toecutter was defending himself, and you're all giving him **** for it. I know you aren't trying to start a debate, but when people say incorrect things I don't like them to get away with it.

Correct, it does take two people to start a conflict, but one of them could be a straight up victim, even though this isn't really the case. Example: Children in Uganda. There is a conflict, the Rebel Army will go into villages at night and kidnap kids then give them two choices:

A: Fight for the rebel army
B: Die

Because of this, all the children have to walk miles and miles each night and morning to and from the closest city for protection.

This is definitely a conflict, but is anyone going to blame the kids?

--------------
@BrawlPro

omg shut the **** up, i don't post useless crap, i posted that earlier to make teh flammin stop, and am postin this here to shut you up, which i am sure you won't. you post useless crap, you looked at one of my post here and said i post useless crap...your useless, jeez...
Here you go

lol chaddd, he sucked up to ya, lmafao, jk, jk*, ganon can own, hope the argument finished, to be real any character can own, i thought jiggly would be a waste but then i saw killa or, thought pichu was ******** then i saw chu play him/her.

Toe cutter your name does give some ppl an impresion that your a troll.
Why a 1979's film???
toecutter sounds whack yo...
THE MAN ABOVE ME SPEAKS THA TRUTH AS WELL...

read his post carefully. ;)

chaddd = too **** good!!!
yes good day dippn
-----------------------
You like that Dippndots all over your face?
That's supposed to be saved for when I DippnDots nuke people >_>

brawlpro

Smash Master
Florissant, St. Louis, MO Tech Skill: Over 9000
soo...those were posts while i was arguin with others on this thread that were spammin, like i was arguing with toecutter...quote the posts that were posted before i replied to them, i just said a reply to the spammers, they spam i spam back...like i'm doin here...

and you say my posts aren't relevant....well how is your flammin on my good friend blue relevant...

DippnDots

Feral Youth
Ok brawlpro, whatever you say.

And my posts are relevant because when I posted that I agreed with Toecutter people began attacking me / what I said, so I defended myself.

For the last time, I'm not flaming anyone. I haven't flamed anyone. So stop saying that I am. Just because I simply have a different viewpoint and express it doesn't mean I'm flaming people. I would be flaming someone if I said "You're a ****ing idiot stupid monkey **** kiss licker!" or just openly insulted someone. I haven't insulted anyone thus far, so you and blue need to realize that I'm not flaming people, and stop accusing me of it.

DippnDots

Feral Youth
I didn't call you anything. This is exactly my point, you and blue are putting words into my mouth that I haven't said, instead of reading what I actually say.

Linguini

Smash Master
This topic is pretty pointless from now on, the original question was answered, lets try not to drift off into more quarelsome arguments, let it die or be locked. **** str8

3GOD

Smash Ace
I heard that someone once said, "Ganon used to counter Marth back when Marths actually attacked." I'm finding this to be true...

How does one handle a Marth who does M2K retreating fair gayness? I know there have to be ways to get through the wall of fair. Or should I always make Marth come to me (doesn't seem like a good idea since he has good speed and grab range)?

In other words, whats the approach/non-approach against wall of fair marths? Wavelands?

mood4food77

Smash Hero
approach with fair inbetween attacks

or run in with your shield and grab

anything will work just gotta find a way around it

3GOD

Smash Ace
approach with fair inbetween attacks

or run in with your shield and grab

anything will work just gotta find a way around it
1) Ganon's fair is too slow to get through Marth's...a good marth will not just randomly fair...he'll wait until the opponent gets just close enough to connect it.

2) Shield grab only works if the Marth spaces poorly...maybe shield to up-air?

3) Not just anything will work obviously or I wouldn't I have asked :).

How about it Linguini or Chaddd? You guys got any tips vs gay marths?

chaddd

Smash Lord
1) Ganon's fair is too slow to get through Marth's...a good marth will not just randomly fair...he'll wait until the opponent gets just close enough to connect it.

The best tactics against Marth are a good use of his most ranged attacks. Although it doesn't look much like it, Ganon's back air extends way to far past his fist. This outranges all of Marth's aerials if done correctly. Avoid his grabs, and when they double forward air your shield, after the first forward air connects, that gives you a free up air out of shield, and then hopefully a tech chase to edge guard. Also, the best edgeguard for Marth would have to be the Tipman. Check out my video against Renegade's Marth on YouTube. It's not in the Ganon video archive, though, so just search it on YouTube.

Linguini

Smash Master

To tell you the truth I know exactly what kind of marth your talking about because when I played M2K in about 6 matches he was extremely spacy and defensive. Im going to give you a couple ways to get past the sword that I know work and you test them out.
Fair:
1) Retreating short hop fairs work well against marths that full jump their fairs.

2) Ganon's double jump is essential for getting past marth when he sh double fairs. Double jump slowly without fastfalling to a fair or full jump to fair because by the time the fist reaches the ground marths two fairs will be under you.

Bair

1)Double jumped bairs will probably be the most spammable move in this matchup because of its range that extends diagonally down under ganon which is above the sword so you wont get hit.

2)Shffled bairs while running away come into play when the marth decides to get a little on the aggresive side with his fairs.

Uair

1) As chad said uairs out of shield after the first fair can lead to a well placed fair most of the time.

2)Uair to jab is great for keeping marth at bay, it makes marth feel as if ganon is a wall and pressures them.

Wavelands-I waveland pretty regularly to approach because it gives ganon an unpredictable edge. Wavelands that work agianst marth are

1)SH waveland to jab, this somehow gets past a fair and gives you a free jab on marth.

2)Double jump as if you were going to fair then fastfall into a wavelanded ftilt.

Remeber to dashdance so you dont get owned like a sitting duck, this is important against all higher tiers.

Top Bottom