• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

approaches against campers/projectile users/spammers

hyperhopper

Smash Ace
Whenever I am forced to approach due to an opponent that camps/projectiles/spams, i get torn apart. I never know what to do, and eventually I go back to by bad instincts, grab, and get *****.

Any suggestions?

TheRockSays

Smash Journeyman
Usually if its a flat stage like FD i just keep pressing down B :D until i get close enough to hit them.

NickRiddle

#negativeNick
Whenever I am forced to approach due to an opponent that camps/projectiles/spams, i get torn apart. I never know what to do, and eventually I go back to by bad instincts, grab, and get *****.

Any suggestions?
Depends on who is camping.

3DS FC
5429-7210-5657
This is a pretty big weakness of ZSS' because she doesn't have an aerial that hits below her (lol dair) which makes approaching hard.

Nefarious B

Smash Champion
Best strategy is either to get in with either PSing or air dodging until you get close enough to where using their projectile is unsafe (Think: Falco has to SH to laser without lag, so you can DA/ punish him if he does it when you're in close enough) and then punish their escape or their attempt to knock you back out.

The characters that beat us are usually the ones who camp us but also make it difficult for us to either punish their escape or punish them for trying to knock us out

noradseven

Smash Lord
Seriously though, get life lead camp right back, avoid flat stages, if you must get in jumping backwards changes your hitbox a bit so you can try using that too but yep its hard.

This is a pretty big weakness of ZSS' because she doesn't have an aerial that hits below her (lol dair) which makes approaching hard.
N-AIR OWN ZONE.

Top Bottom