• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Appearently you can...

The Prophet_

Smash Apprentice
Well, I searched this forum, I looked at combo videos(that was fun) but I didn't find out anything about being able to jump after a SH U-air(before landing on the ground).

My first reason for putting this out here is that I'm pretty certain that there are some people out here that don't even know this is possible which is why I'm making this thread. Second, this is actually something worth mentioning.

Ok, let me argue why it can be useful for comboing:
---------
@40% on a Space Animal

ATTEMPTING THIS COMBO: F-air>U-air>F-air>Utilt>U-air

^^---------------------------- Start at U-air

Let's say we are attempting to follow up an aerial after a Short Hopped U-air.

We can do a U-air which will be auto-canceled(no L-Cancel required) or Doing a FF U-air which requires a L-Cancel. If we were to auto-cancel a U-air,or fast fall a U-air(10 frames of lag for L-Cancel if I remember correctly), then we would be predisposed to landing on the ground. Now being on the ground means that if we want to follow up an aerial we have to jump first. The problem that will arise when in jumping, is that by the time we jump, the opponent will already be on the floor and would have teched/rolled away/done a get up attack(some invincibility frames). The conclusion of going about another aerial by these methods, is that they take too long for the aerials to connect to be considered consecutive hits.

The following combos work on Space Animals...

@45%-100% : SC>U-air>SC>UTilt>SC>U-air ; you can start up this combo at 40% from what I know so far.
-55% total.

@27%?-??% : SC> U-air>U-air>Dtilt(probably like 4 Dtilts to a grab).
---------
Thats good enough for now. I'll update this later.

Jonbebe

Smash Cadet
I'm pretty sure people figured out they had two jumps pretty early on in melee's life. But yeah, mewtwo combo videos are cool, huh?

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
Im reading, but Im not following.

Im pretty sure that djc the uair is faster than auto canceling the sh uair. in which case you hit them lower to the ground and with less time required. you can then follow up with the rest of your combos in a much better position.

just dj cancel it. I dont see the point in trying to jump after the sh uair thats not even FF so you can autocancel.

Im not saying it doesnt work, which it might not. im just saying Im gonna dj c instead.

if you can come up with a video of this working id love to see it tho.

Top Bottom