• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apparently, Mods don't always read threads before they close them

•Col•

Smash Champion
Link to original post: [drupal=1131]Apparently, Mods don't always read threads before they close them[/drupal]

So yeah... This thread got locked: http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172830

The current title of the thread is "unban pirate ship for genesis 14-6 ban side winning." However, the topic is basically as list of important guides or threads that contain useful information for Ike. It is also commonly used as the "Ask a question..." thread of the Ike forums.

So yeah, it's closed, they must have thought it was and advertising thread or w/e.... But here's the kicker: IT'S STILL STICKIED.

This leads me to believe either the Mod did not read the thread before closing it. If they DID read it, wouldn't they have noticed the number of pages (100+) unusually high for an advertising thread?

And even if they did read it, and actually just forgot to unsticky it (unlikely), then was it really necessary? -_-

It could've been easily solved by a simple "No advertising messages in topic title, change it" message, or they could've even just edited out THEMSELVES.

Seriously, it was a pretty important thread for the Ike forums that even helps to cut down on a lot of spam (mostly because of the "Ask your Ike question here.." aspect). There really isn't a good reason for it to be locked.

I'm sure it'll be unlocked soon... But seriously, Mods don't need to jump the gun on closing threads. -_-

EDIT: Not trying to disrespect Mods or anything... D: But they should be careful when they're doing stuff like that... I'm sure we'll have it all worked out soon, as us Ike forum goers will get it taken care of, probably in the Forum Disputes section...

Just something I felt like talking about... D: I was completely surprised and shocked to see it locked.

Thread creator's response when finding that the thread was locked:

Arturito_Buritto said:
wow I didn't know I could get in trouble for that, its all still smash related and tourney rules do fall into the catagory of my thread, I'm going to make a thread in the last forum of the boards all the way at the bottom to try and work things out. I'm guessing that forum disputes is the only place I would get answers.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
It's got a GIANT WALL OF TEXT that's a big link at the top.

Technically, that IS advertising.

Also, what does the title of it even mean?

Edit: It appears to have been unlocked by now anyway.

•Col•

Smash Champion
They probably closed it due to thinking it was an advertising thread... It wasn't necessary for it to have been closed... And even if the mod thought it should've been closed, then it should've been unstickied... o-o

I know... The Ike Boards should pull a Link Boards, and all transfer to All is Brawl. Lol, not rly.

EDIT: PsychoIncarnate, even if they felt it was advertising, they could've just asked to change the thread title... I'm sure we would have obliged and easily avoided this whole mess... =o

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
They probably closed it due to thinking it was an advertising thread... It wasn't necessary for it to have been closed... And even if the mod thought it should've been closed, then it should've been unstickied... o-o

I know... The Ike Boards should pull a Link Boards, and all transfer to All is Brawl. Lol, not rly.
I just clicked the link. It wasn't locked.

Teran

Through Fire, Justice is Served
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
3DS FC
3540-0079-4988
Mods are mysterious beings.

Skrah

Smash Ace
Maybe mods can't be checking every thread to check if its actually spam or not, but they opened it so that's that.

Colaya, by any chance is your avatar from Valkyria Chronicles?

•Col•

Smash Champion
Woah, this was bumped... <.< Anyway...

Colaya, by any chance is your avatar from Valkyria Chronicles?
Yes, it's Vyse; Skies of Arcadia is my favorite game of all time, so I thought it was really cool that he, Aika, and Fina all made cameo appearances in Valkryia Chronicles... I would play the game, but I don't have a PS3...

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=223272&page=4

^This. It was locked with the post, "Flametastic", when everyone in the topic was being rather civil and actually making character board alliances.
Well... That was still a stupid and pointless thread though... xD

Azua

Scourge Cheerleader
Premium
BRoomer
We usually only do that if someone reports the thread to us, via the report feature or aim or PM.

Not defending whoever did it, just sayin'.

Top Bottom