• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX Staff Releases Statement Regarding Alex Strife Controversy

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
I DON'T KNOW! It had a key and I thought of that. I'm sorry.
Haha no worries, didn't mean to nit-pick or anything. My bad. ^_^'

I'm one of those folks that comes here for Smash but plays a lot of stuff... hence the Juri icon.

Don't want to drive things too far off topic though, so I'll leave it at that.

EDIT:
Can We get Captain Cragen And Elliot Stabler???
Why was I thinking the same thing?

Last edited:

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
Get the whole SVU crew out there past and present and have them investigate this case!
Tino I think though all of the Bad Stuff today the smash community still brings people together And We cannot have this ruin smash for us WE ARE ALL UNIQUE

Extra note. Lets even get Carrisi The new guy from season 16
And that Barba the prosecutor
And the Old Prosecutor That was Blond
And Dr. Huang

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Couple of things, if this is a serious reply.

There is proof, its been put out there by a large sum of people.

Sometimes the "nicest guy" is the worst guy. It's better you know now, than deny it and more victims pop up, or worse happens.

I mean you can go tinfoil-hat it all you want, but that would have to be an extremely well-coordinated setup to go as far back as 4-5 years ago JUST to culminate in this crowning moment.

You're kinda' insinuating the victims here are some group of evil geniuses that hatched a plan to ruin one guy over the course of a few years.

That's... pretty far-fetched compared to it simply being that this guy has some serious problems, and has done some rather disgusting things.
I am not insinuating anything. I don't have an opinion on this one way or the other. Learn to read. Yet, at least I am not the dumbass pretending allegations are facts. ;)

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Tino I think though all of the Bad Stuff today the smash community still brings people together And We cannot have this ruin smash for us WE ARE ALL UNIQUE

Extra note. Lets even get Carrisi The new guy from season 16
And that Barba the prosecutor
And the Old Prosecutor That was Blond
And Dr. Huang
Yeah, despite all the bad stuff that has been occurring, the Smash community is one, like a family. Can't have another Jerry Sandusky moment in the community.

And you mean Casey Novak? Bring her in too!

LittleKirby

Smash Cadet
3DS FC
0344-9780-8721
Come on!
His name is Alex STRIFE

People should have saw this a mile away
The Irony

Fyi

Strife noun
1. vigorous or bitter conflict, discord, or antagonism:
"to be at strife."

Last edited:

GaMeR N1CK

Smash Apprentice
3DS FC
3582-8458-4207
was alex strife even that important?would apex be different without him?

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
Welcome to the internet, you must be new.

Anyone can fabricate any incriminating document with enough ability or patience. I myself have been a victim of this.
First and foremost, I am sorry to hear you were the victim of such a thing. That shouldn't happen to anyone for any reason.

That said:

Cool story. Stepping down doesn't mean you are guilty. Plenty of people claim hold to a position despite all evidence (or actual proof) that they don't belong there. Have you even considered he believes in the good of the community and thus doesn't want to detract from what what he has built to fight these allegations? Maybe you just believe everything you hear. Idiotic implications either way.
No, you clearly have an opinion on the matter, you're just putting them behind thin walls hoping no one sees through them and catches on.

And you know what? That's fine. I was pointing out how silly it is to victim-blame when you have a massive wall of proof from multiple people literally in front of you.

Maybe with the first piece of evidence there might be that question, or just he-said she-said banter back and forth... but not when you have multiple people from all sides of the issue pointing to the same person and the same behavior, all posting proof.

That would take a lot of effort to be faked. And for who? For what?

There's other pretty blatant reasons why this isn't fake that are right there in the links posted multiple times, but you're kinda' ignoring them to post your "non-opinion" opinion, and it isn't my business to keep bringing them up.

"Stepping down doesn't mean you are guilty" is probably the only thing we're going to agree on here.

Last edited:

Snagrio

Shiny Lord
NNID
WingedFish64
3DS FC
4081-5821-0404
Hitting on fourteen year olds, among with treating women like sex objects and like **** in general, breaking contracts, and being a transphobic ****** doesn't warrant this? I say he warrants life in prison. Who knows he hasn't actually had encounters with minors? Or sexually harassed women generally?
Agreed. Such scum doesn't deserve to roam free.

greymanz

Smash Rookie
Although I doubt him ever returning to the smash community, Itd be nice to see an apology rather than him continuing to be a douche.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
I hope people on the outside don't think we're crazy psychopaths just because a handful are threatening people... It makes us look bad.
I think a quick good response is the best solution. You hide it, it eventually gets out and then you look even worse. Look at what happened to the catholic church.

warriorman222

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3866-8698-4754
I hope people on the outside don't think we're crazy psychopaths just because a handful are threatening people... It makes us look bad.
Sounds like something almost everybody thinks of Smogon, Ridley supporters, Bronies, Christians, Muslims, Africans, Caucasians, Asians, North Koreans, ... Basically everyone on earth has a reason to automatically be viewed as horrible.

Last edited:

Sleek Media

Smash Lord
Getting real tired of all the BS posing about being such a loving, tolerant, and united community. Yeah, you guys are real compassionate as long as someone wants to play Melee exactly the way you want to. The moment someone mentions the blasphemies of items, equipment, or stages with scary moving parts though, the pitch forks and torches come out, and they don't get put away until that person is silenced.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
Getting real tired of all the BS posing about being such a loving, tolerant, and united community. Yeah, you guys are real compassionate as long as someone wants to play Melee exactly the way you want to. The moment someone mentions the blasphemies of items, equipment, or stages with scary moving parts though, the pitch forks and torches come out, and they don't get put away until that person is silenced.
Ummmm, there's a difference between being accepting of all types of people and disagreeing on the proper way to play a competitive game.

Also disagreeing isn't silencing.

Edit: Also comparing the importance of the two is ludicrous.

Last edited:

Rise

Smash Apprentice
Obviously, as OP has shown, there are more important issues than bickering over the rulesets, which are a reflection of the majority of the competitive players' views. The rulesets are designed for growth in the metagame, as well as reflection of skill, and shouldn't be anything to worry about when we have worse things like Alex Strife in our community.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
And here I was, the new guy thinking that Strife was a **** because he was actually trying to off PM. Turns out he's not a random ****.

I seriously hope at least one of us called the police. That is a serious situation that needs proper investigation and punishment.

Now, with that crazy pedo out of the way, can we get PM back at Apex? We kinda need it.

Edit: This community is united.
We may not agree about the rulesets. We may not agree about the merits of the games we play.
However, the mere fact that most of us didn't even mention anything about the disagreements our community has due to the sheer gravity of the situation is proof that we are united.
A better example is the fundraiser for Evo. Only Melee players were going to be benefitted from it. And yet, all of the community stepped up and threw their money in the pot. Even though they would never see the cash again. For 2 selfless causes, helping people in need, and help Melee bounce back.

Last edited:

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Ummmm, there's a difference between being accepting of all types of people and disagreeing on the proper way to play a competitive game.

Also disagreeing isn't silencing.
They are similar.

People chanting ,"**** Brawl" at tournaments.

People bashing smash 4 non stop, want only Project M to be the sequel to Melee.

Just me, there are a lot of people who are not open to people just for playing another game.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
How Is this Drama entertaining Or Interesting I would personally this never happen at all Pedophiles don't interest me
I would personally this never happen at all?

Pedos don't interest me either to be honest, but watching this all fold out right before APEX is always fun if it's at the offenders (not offendee's) expense.

Rise

Smash Apprentice
And here I was, the new guy thinking that Strife was a **** because he was actually trying to off PM. Turns out he's not a random ****.

I seriously hope at least one of us called the police. That is a serious situation that needs proper investigation and punishment.

Now, with that crazy pedo out of the way, can we get PM back at Apex? We kinda need it.
Unfortunately, Alex isn't the one preventing PM from being at Apex; unless Nintendo drops the sponsorship they will still prevent PM.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352

That won't happen as long as Nintendo has a word on it. Even though I learned he wanted PM removed from everything as much as possible.

adumbrodeus

Smash Legend
They are similar.

People chanting ,"**** Brawl" at tournaments.

People bashing smash 4 non stop, want only Project M to be the sequel to Melee.

Just me, there are a lot of people who are not open to people just for playing another game.
Fair enough, there are people who aren't open, but even then I don't think the treatment of any of these issues rises to that level.

Volt-Ikazuchi

Smash Journeyman
I would personally this never happen at all?

Pedos don't interest me either to be honest, but watching this all fold out right before APEX is always fun if it's at the offenders (not offendee's) expense.
I dunno, the price for this was a bit too steep. Think about the kids who got exposed to that kind of traumatizing thing.

At least he got exposed and hopefully arrested, so there's a good point.

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I dunno, the price for this was a bit too steep. Think about the kids who got exposed to that kind of traumatizing thing.

At least he got exposed and hopefully arrested, so there's a good point.
Of course and I'm not saying that the kids who are getting exposed are being laughed at or mocked. They deserve privacy and help for getting through this.

I'm only laughing at him because he's an idiot and a pedo and he deserves to be laughed at and publicly humiliated in front of our community

Lord Horatio

Smash Apprentice
Alex Strife should be banned from all tournaments considering how long this has been going on.

Opana

Smash Lord
NNID
PINKYz
3DS FC
0748-3814-1504
Is it just me or does it seem like Chibo divulged this info largely due to his girlfriend?

RobinOnDrugs

Your Friendly Neighborhood Scavenger
I first thought that Project M wasn't at Apex due to Nintendo's sponsorship (though that was part of it), but after finding out that Alex really wanted PM to die off, my mind was blown.

Code Bread

Smash Ace
3DS FC
1736-1424-9042
Hitting on fourteen year olds, among with treating women like sex objects and like **** in general, breaking contracts, and being a transphobic ****** doesn't warrant this? I say he warrants life in prison. Who knows he hasn't actually had encounters with minors? Or sexually harassed women generally?
Life in prison seems like it's be hitting the bar too hard. This guy definitely deserves some time in prison, but there's no way someone would put him there for life.
Okay seriously guys, what the poop kind of community are we? I met Alex (well that's not his real name but you know what I mean) one time at Apex 2014. He is a really nice guy, and even my mom thought so. What kind of young fools are we that whenever something we were taught is taboo in this twisted new age comes up, we literally blow up the internet? No proof whatsoever has surfaced, and the only reason the claim had been legitimized by the overwhelming majority of the community is because it's a sensitive topic for many of you. I'm sorry if this turns out to be true and I've offended many of you, oh wait, no I'm not, even if it is true, none of you would speak up on the issue, you just said, "I can't provide that information", or "it would be really hard for me". What crap. You might have the rest of the community sworn against him for whatever your real motive is, but you won't get me without proof, and I'll be fighting 'till the bitter end. Who's with me?
There may not be the solidest of evidence, but one side has a pretty substantial amount of evidence and witnesses and you want to ignore it because someone was nice to you and your mom might be a bad judge of character?
And why would you fight so hard 'till the bitter end? To what goal? You're not even doing anything.
And why would you not want to apologize for offending people? Are you just a general ****?
Because pedos are evil people. Just like Hitler, gays and blacks, right?
You just put Hitler on the same level as gays and blacks. I don't even know what I'm supposed to take you as anymore.

Zoa

Smash Ace
For ****s sake people. We have a scumbag that did all this and you're worried about competitive play? How are the two even directly related? Stop fanning flames that have no direct relation to this unless you want people to know you are trying to start something.

Lizalfos

Smash Master
Wow wow wow
You really got the point of this article. I hope this is a troll b/c some real life stuff just went down, and you are still talking about vidya games.

Top Bottom