• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

APEX Staff Releases Statement Regarding Alex Strife Controversy

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
As a community we need to work together in harmony to bring down the troublemakers and abusers. If we can show to the outsiders that us Smashers as a whole decide what goes and what doesn't, then people will be afraid to blackmail and do this **** in fear of ruining their career.

I would like to thank all of those who came out and said what they did. Nyani, you are truly brave and I could look up to nobody better than you for saying what you did.

We need to be more accepting but also make it clear that if you are not accepting then you do NOT belong here. It shouldn't matter whether someone is in any way physically different than you, they are a human, and that alone is enough reason to make an effort of companionship. If we can accept this truly, as a community, then we will have each others backs, and further PREVENT this from ever happening again. Nobody should get away with shaming. Nobody should get away with abusive behavior. And most importantly, nobody should have to live in fear of these people.

Chinoyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chinoyz
What a sick mofo, imo stepping down is not enough, sick pedos like him need to be put behind bars where they can be drilled by the other prisoners. Why didn't anyone file a complaint with all the proof?

smashbroskilla

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5086-2745-2582
OK so I skimmed through some of the reddit posts. OK the guy is a jerk but I have a legit question; how is this guy "outing" transgender people in smash? Can people really not realize who a transgender person is? I've lived in South Florida for 33 years. At my part-time job I have a ton of transgender people that come in to eat at our establishment. My diner caters to anyone that has money we don't care who you are. If you want feel free to look at my instagram where I'm holding our award for southfloridas #1 rated restaurant by the gay community(jake_carlton_howie ig). I can see a transgender person a mile away even if you've had 50,000+ dollars of work done. How are these people that are being "outed" not common knowledge.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
The amount of controversial news has been pouring in lately and its definitely been giving our community a lot to think about.

But no matter what happens, no matter what terrible things occur, at least we don't play post 2013 MOBA'S.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
Okay seriously guys, what the poop kind of community are we? I met Alex (well that's not his real name but you know what I mean) one time at Apex 2014. He is a really nice guy, and even my mom thought so. What kind of young fools are we that whenever something we were taught is taboo in this twisted new age comes up, we literally blow up the internet? No proof whatsoever has surfaced, and the only reason the claim had been legitimized by the overwhelming majority of the community is because it's a sensitive topic for many of you. I'm sorry if this turns out to be true and I've offended many of you, oh wait, no I'm not, even if it is true, none of you would speak up on the issue, you just said, "I can't provide that information", or "it would be really hard for me". What crap. You might have the rest of the community sworn against him for whatever your real motive is, but you won't get me without proof, and I'll be fighting 'till the bitter end. Who's with me?
No Proof
For anyone out of the loop, here are the link to every major thread on /r/smashbros on the subject:
Kiwi's Post
Chibo's Post
Nyani's Post
Nakat's Post

That should catch people up.

Except Highly Regarded Smashers in the community

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Why didn't anyone file a complaint with all the proof?
To pre-incite angry responses such as this one.

remember its allegations nothing is proven yet, regardless the whole situation is awful.

OH DEAR
No Proof
For anyone out of the loop, here are the link to every major thread on /r/smashbros on the subject:
Kiwi's Post
Chibo's Post
Nyani's Post
Nakat's Post

Except Highly Regarded Smashers in the community

Last edited:

-LzR-

Smash Hero
"Boy, that Alex Strife guy was a pedophile but he organized events for me to play video games at so I'll let him pass."

Shut your mouth.
Because pedos are evil people. Just like Hitler, gays and blacks, right?

Ganreizu

Smash Ace
Welcome to the internet, you must be new.

Anyone can fabricate any incriminating document with enough ability or patience. I myself have been a victim of this.
Your denial doesn't change the fact that he stepped down in response to the "allegations" in a move that was mutual between him and the company.

Chinoyz

Smash Rookie
NNID
Chinoyz
Welcome to the internet, you must be new.

Anyone can fabricate any incriminating document with enough ability or patience. I myself have been a victim of this.
You must be one of those conspiracy freaks
Now why would he step down if the accusations were false?

Last edited:

AfroSkull

Smash Cadet
Our community is a bunch of weirdos united by a game. We cannot afford scumbags like Strife to demonize the community. I like my weirdos, I have fit in well because I am weird, I suck at smash and no one judges me for it. At the end of the day we want people in power/high positions that represent us and I know I speak for many when I say that Strife does not represent me or my community.
Hop this made sense to you, Thanks.

Dr. James Rustles

Daxinator
Your denial doesn't change the fact that he stepped down in response to the "allegations" in a move that was mutual between him and the company.
Cool story. Stepping down doesn't mean you are guilty. Plenty of people claim hold to a position despite all evidence (or actual proof) that they don't belong there. Have you even considered he believes in the good of the community and thus doesn't want to detract from what what he has built to fight these allegations? Maybe you just believe everything you hear. Idiotic implications either way.

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Can I just ask what was this Alex person harassing this certain person about in the first place? Any cause of some sort?

I sware to god if it's about hate against a certain Smash game then I'm surrounded by immature dips**ts.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
This got me curious. What exactly happened there?
Hey Tino Glad To Fill You in
One Of the head Organizers for Apex 2015
Alex Strife Was A Pedophile Para Phrase * He would go pedo for a 14 year old girl*
And had a thing for harassing Transgenders

Last edited:

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Hey Tino Glad To Fill You in
One Of the head Organizers for Apex 2015
Alex Strife Was A Pedophile Para Phrase * He would go pedo for a 14 year old girl*
And had a thing for harassing Transgenders
OK good. It's not another "this game sucks" post.

But I see. This is much worse. All I got to say is simple things like, Let the girl play smash bros. for god's sake and do it with peace.

ninrok

Smash Cadet
NNID
rokninja
Okay seriously guys, what the poop kind of community are we? I met Alex (well that's not his real name but you know what I mean) one time at Apex 2014. He is a really nice guy, and even my mom thought so. What kind of young fools are we that whenever something we were taught is taboo in this twisted new age comes up, we literally blow up the internet? No proof whatsoever has surfaced, and the only reason the claim had been legitimized by the overwhelming majority of the community is because it's a sensitive topic for many of you. I'm sorry if this turns out to be true and I've offended many of you, oh wait, no I'm not, even if it is true, none of you would speak up on the issue, you just said, "I can't provide that information", or "it would be really hard for me". What crap. You might have the rest of the community sworn against him for whatever your real motive is, but you won't get me without proof, and I'll be fighting 'till the bitter end. Who's with me?
Couple of things, if this is a serious reply.

There is proof, its been put out there by a large sum of people.

Sometimes the "nicest guy" is the worst guy. It's better you know now, than deny it and more victims pop up, or worse happens.

Cool story. Stepping down doesn't mean you are guilty. Plenty of people claim hold to a position despite all evidence (or actual proof) that they don't belong there. Have you even considered he believes in the good of the community and thus doesn't want to detract from what what he has built to fight these allegations? Maybe you just believe everything you hear. Idiotic implications either way.
I mean you can go tinfoil-hat it all you want, but that would have to be an extremely well-coordinated setup to go as far back as 4-5 years ago JUST to culminate in this crowning moment.

You're kinda' insinuating the victims here are some group of evil geniuses that hatched a plan to ruin one guy over the course of a few years.

That's... pretty far-fetched compared to it simply being that this guy has some serious problems, and has done some rather disgusting things.

DavemanCozy

Smash Photographer
NNID
CavemanCossy
3DS FC
0216-1810-7681
As I followed the news about this, I was pretty sad: one of the greatest organizers of the community was revealed to be this monster who harassed and tormented others, which I know is what many members of these boards and community have felt before in school as social outcasts or even closeby through abusive relationships. The smash community, for them and myself, is a safe haven to retreat to where we can be ourselves. The news today came as a bomb invading what I thought was a safe community.

Of course, I don't feel that way anymore. Thank you so much, to everyone who stepped up, to everyone who spoke out. You quickly brought back faith that this is truly a place where we can feel safe, and that we will not allow to harassment like this in our doors.

Last edited:

James N.

Smash Cadet
Switch FC
SW 5335 0867 6499
OK so I skimmed through some of the reddit posts. OK the guy is a jerk but I have a legit question; how is this guy "outing" transgender people in smash? Can people really not realize who a transgender person is? I've lived in South Florida for 33 years. At my part-time job I have a ton of transgender people that come in to eat at our establishment. My diner caters to anyone that has money we don't care who you are. If you want feel free to look at my instagram where I'm holding our award for southfloridas #1 rated restaurant by the gay community(jake_carlton_howie ig). I can see a transgender person a mile away even if you've had 50,000+ dollars of work done. How are these people that are being "outed" not common knowledge.
Due to the violence and discrimination transgender people face (often from their own families) it's considered extremely wrong and dangerous to reveal someone's status as trans without their consent. Also, "work done" doesn't equal trans all the time. A person can still be trans without having had the surgery. (It's pretty rude to talk about how you can "spot them" as well.)

WinterShorts

The best NEOH Yoshi
NNID
Jelwshuman
3DS FC
4382-2513-9345
Oh my.

We are never going to friends now are we?
Hobbywise, no were not. I never played any Kingdom Hearts game. Ever. I come to Smashboards as a fan of Nintendo things. Mostly, oh you know, Smash Bros.

KenboCalrissian

YouTube: SewerBuddies
NNID
KenboCalrissian
3DS FC
2165-5810-5680
Switch FC
SW 5178 3144 4326
Wow, just finished reading Chibo's post... the extent of his damage is baffling. Why did no one come forward sooner? It's appalling he forced so many of our heroes to do his bidding, on top of 'going pedo.'

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
It was really smashCapps who put it all together I just wanted more people to see it

SmashCapps For anyone out of the loop, here are the link to every major thread on /r/smashbros on the subject:
Kiwi's Post
Chibo's Post
Nyani's Post
Nakat's Post

You mean to tell me this guy has been doing it for sometime now and he recently "went pedo" on a 14-year old girl just cuz she's playing Smash?

Sounds like a Law & Order moment right here.

SSGuy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
4871-4520-9643
Good. I'm glad to know that this situation was handled appropriately and nothing really got out of control. I still hope for Apex 2015 to be a great event, both for people who are actually attending and those watching from home.
Exactly. I had no idea that any of this happened until I checked my feed. Everything went really smooth on the Apex team's side.

Squii The Fish

Smash Journeyman
Hobbywise, no were not. I never played any Kingdom Hearts game. Ever. I come to Smashboards as a fan of Nintendo things. Mostly, oh you know, Smash Bros.
Everytime you say kingdom hearts it hurts man.

i get some people don't like guilty gear's artwork but to call it kingdom hearts tier makes me want to defend my waifu's dignity on wifi of some nature.

FunkyPanda

Smash Cadet
NNID
Aaron45689
You mean to tell me this guy has been doing it for sometime now and he recently "went pedo" on a 14-year old girl just cuz she's playing Smash?

Sounds like a Law & Order moment right here.
Some Body Call Olivia Benson

Top Bottom