• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex Legends Mafia: Boosted GAME OVER Who won?

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii - first to post goes beyond

Malakandra - cleared

Red Ryu - tone and questions being asked (my red ryu reads are very accurate)

Fontisian - tone

FrozenFlame - tone/easygoingness, bringing up things that I was also thinking

Eido - scumhunting, questions sabrars after voting me indicating objectivity

LaserGuy - somi read, bessie push, reasoning seems solid (as compared to midnight where his reads on the first few pages didn't have any ground)

Somitomi - laser's read. easygoing vibe that appeared to be indicative of his town play last game. Made an intro post without reading, then went back to read. I think scum somi would have wanted to catch up before posting. Or he would have used the haven't ready yet excuse to further lurk.

Maven89

Vicarin - too friendly opening; wasted time on mass claim thing, hasn't posted a single piece of content

Bessie - not voting. interaction with ryker is strange

Ryker - all for one. mass claim thing is weird. interaction with bessie is strange. interaction with vic is strange. im not really seeing direction here. innocent child = mafia being stacked line was strange.

Sabrar - 1. active lurking, seriously this is the same Sabrar as Sumting Sumting Mafia. He isn't doing anything. 2 Being too open with crumbing his role. This is opposed to Things I Like Sabrar where he provided no indication that he is a PR. This is similar to SS where he had a powerful vig claim as mafia and was able to just sit on it without really having to contribute much. 3. He's giving a play by play of where he's going to vote like he needs to lube things up before getting in there. Refraining from leaving a voting trail. Again this is Sumting Sumting Sarbar. This style also helps him keep his vote of his partner since it's established that he will not bus.

Wam - this is 100% scum Wam. He's being manipulative, he's invested, he's making his posts pretty (using capitalization and refraining from typos), and overall he's trying to take on the role of townie moving things forward. I posted wam's meta in the last game (Things I Like) and this is it.

Vote: Wam

I'd go either Sabrar or Wam. Sabrar is a harder battle though and Fonti and Frozen seem to also suspect wam.

fontisian

Smash Champion
I mean it isn't though, it was pressuring him to vote. It doesn't matter though. I think your interpretation of the post was just clouded by his others.
Eh, probably, sure.

Also, I love playing with you and I've got weird vibes from Sabrar as well.

Sabrar

Smash Ace
This is a far reaching conclusion from one simple, reasonable question that can be asked by anyone.

Sabrar - 1. active lurking, seriously this is the same Sabrar as Sumting Sumting Mafia. He isn't doing anything.
Incorrect, I'm doing the same thing as in Things, getting into arguments and developing my reads based on them.

2 Being too open with crumbing his role.
I'm not crumbing because I don't need to.

3. He's giving a play by play of where he's going to vote like he needs to lube things up before getting in there. Refraining from leaving a voting trail. Again this is Sumting Sumting Sarbar. This style also helps him keep his vote of his partner since it's established that he will not bus.
There is purpose behind the madness.

Also I note that you haven't tried to refute my argument against you.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii Link to aforementioned description of Wam meta?

I don't have the background to judge it against anything, I just saw him coming out the gate hard without much substance and avoiding involving himself with anything that might appear frivolous.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii That's a rather weird reads list, especially since you list me as having no content and have basically no reasoning for the town reads.

Sabrar Sabrar well, if you want guesses, Mason?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm interested in that Wam meta description too please!

are we playing with the same Sabrar from Things I Like? why was I expecting you to specifically refuse to answer that question until later
Can you explain for players like me who would be unfamiliar here? You seem to know Sabrar.

If I can articulate my reason of suspicion then I will do so. If I only have a feel for it that wouldn't necessarily make sense to others then I probably won't.
You've articulated your suspicion on Xivii but haven't committed with a vote yet. Is there a reason you're holding your vote?

Spicy af.
:004:

So, I'm not confused by your strategy involving flavour.

But there are snippets in the way you talk about it that look like an opportunity to find oddly specific information, like the identity of Revenant.

So it's making me question whether you're doing this for the interest of Town, or for selfish reasons, and I'm thinking about why that's important.

Let me know what you have to say.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
This is a far reaching conclusion from one simple, reasonable question that can be asked by anyone.
It's the timing of it. He voted me, saw that you were taking opportunity of that, and was suspicious of it. It comes from a town PoV.
I'm not crumbing because I don't need to.
You're claiming that you are one of the PRs that I listed (I listed your flavor name with the wrong role, and I listed your role with the wrong flavor name, hence you know that 2 are incorrect), not to mention whatever your intro post was.
Also I note that you haven't tried to refute my argument against you.
Your argument is based off a false premise: top response.
Xivii Xivii Link to aforementioned description of Wam meta?

I don't have the background to judge it against anything, I just saw him coming out the gate hard without much substance and avoiding involving himself with anything that might appear frivolous.
This. It's essentially what I reiterated here. Skimming through his posts that game I think would give you the proper context.
Xivii Xivii That's a rather weird reads list, especially since you list me as having no content and have basically no reasoning for the town reads.
You haven't posted any content. Your time has been spent discussing a mass claim that we were never going to actually do and the specifics of a 9-year-old game. The most you've given us is your answer to LaserGuy.
So, I'm not confused by your strategy involving flavour.

But there are snippets in the way you talk about it that look like an opportunity to find oddly specific information, like the identity of Revenant.

So it's making me question whether you're doing this for the interest of Town, or for selfish reasons, and I'm thinking about why that's important.

Let me know what you have to say.
It's in the interest of my curiosity. If I had some reason to find Revenant, I'd be more subtle about it.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii you think, say, Fontisian has more content than me by that metric? Assuming that you have a rather restrictive list of what counts as content.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to find time to read through that other mafia game.

Sabrar Sabrar

I voted Xivii on the last page.

You said your vote was shaping up to be on Xivii shortly after.

Why did you need to discredit Xivii's read on me, and only me, here?:

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Mala, yes I'm extremely confident. This isn't a mason crumb.

Vic, yes. She's posted less but none of it is filler. She's given reads on Frozen, Ryker, Sabrar, and Wam. You've posted a bunch but haven't said anything.

There is purpose behind the madness.
btw Sarbar used this same defense as scum in Sumting Mafia:

Sabrar Sabrar Absent my meta read you've been fairly scummy. So far you've pushed Ninja for what most people will think is a weird reason, and he turned out town. You pushed DB and he's likely town. And you pushed an info lynch between Handorin and Fontisian when Fontisian is very likely to be town. I mean, obviously no one has hit scum yet, we are all failing to scum hunt effectively so far. But besides the Ninja push you've been doing fairly shallow scum hunting.
There is always a reason behind the madness.
There is a reason behind the madness. And that reason is that he's setting himself up to claim a PR. Town!Sabrar, however, would keep his status concealed. Scum Sabrar is open about it because he can lean on the claim to get by.

Vicarin

Smash Journeyman
Xivii Xivii I see a read on Wam, much less on the others. Unless you count
Frozen town (lol). Not for this.
Also, I love playing with you and I've got weird vibes from Sabrar as well.
and
It's a personal distaste, alignment wise I think your behavior is town indicative.
as proper reads, which seems debatable.

So, why not at least label fontisian as 'tone, not much content', instead of just 'tone'?

bessie

Smash Journeyman
I am concerned that you do not find the color significant.
I didn’t even pay attention to the color, I tend to ignore all the font colors in posts. And I do not copy text colors into my notes.
How can you be certain only town roles are in blue?

bessie bessie why aren't you voting?
I don’t do RVS, and I don’t typically vote this early in the game. As you know, it’s a holdover from convention on my home site, and I'm still adjusting to the differences. Why are you asking a question to which you know the answer?

I am far too lazy to read a game looking for nothing in specific. I just wanted to know who has played with him before. Thanks though.
Ok. I interpreted your post as wanting some game references. I only had two games to reference, and I thought you were interested in reading them. One in particular I had quite a bit of conflict with Vicarin because he wanted me to claim something, and I refused.

The former seems much more informed on how Vicarin would react. I have had the latter one sitting there waiting to come back to it based on future input, but without meta of my own, it's hard to do anything with at this juncture.
Interesting, why do you assume LaserGuy is more informed on Vicarin meta than me? I'll just note you deferring to LaserGuyfor later. And again, if you want Vicarin meta that badly you have resources.

interesting takes from the XKCD crowd here no vicarin's posturing re: mass claim and how it apparantly differs from the slots normal meta of pushing for claims. LaserGuy LaserGuy @somitomi I'd like you both to address each others takes here. Also bessie bessie I haven't seen you explicitly react to these responses and you mentioned in one of your posts that you thought is was strange that no one had addressed vic's normal meta re: claims
I do think it’s interesting, because Vicarin and I have had heated discussions re claiming in the past. I was poking the xkcd people to see if any of them wanted to comment on this, and interestingly no one has. I’m trying to give a little bit of space on this though because I don’t expect everyone to remember the same things I remember from old games, or even anything at all, and I don’t have the specific games I’m thinking of to link to. But as I pointed out earlier, Vicarin and I had a lot of conflict over sash claiming in B99, and I know that some people playing this game have read B99 recently (somitomi has asked for that game, and LaserGuy thanked me for posting it and said he would be reading it). One of the games though where Vicarin and I really got in to it was Stellaris Mafia, which is not yet in the xkcd game archive. But Wam, somitomi, Laserguy, Xivii, and and Sabrar played that game, and Xivii has read it recently.

Pre post edit, Stellaris reference:
This. It's essentially what I reiterated here. Skimming through his posts that game I think would give you the proper context.

this felt the fluffiest post in the game so far
There’s not one other post in this entire game that you would consider fluffier? Not one? Even Maven’s #193 which is his entire game content thus far?

The post you quoted from me is about Sabrar, not Vicarin, although my opinion of Vicarin so far is similar. I personally didn't remember which side of the argument Vicarin used to be, just that he often got into arguments about mass claims and it wasn't correlated with alignment. Bessie's probably right, which might be an indication that Vic adopted a contrarian stance because that's what we'd expect from him.
Did you not read B99 recently?

Laserguy - This place is scary. Hold my hand? Tell me how I should go about reading Bessie. FF is right in that the post he quoted was incredibly fluffy, but I don't have enough knowledge to understand if that's in character. How should I go about reading that slot? Can I also get you to weigh in and tell me where I should side with regard to Wam and Font?
If you really want to read me, you could, you know, either ask me some questions, or at least reply to mine, instead of making posts like #151. Oh wait, you did question me, you posted a picture of a clown in post #152 and asked if it was me. Why do you feel more secure asking LaserGuy?

Going back to post #151, why will you not respond to my question? Who was cleared in your mind when you made post #33, and why?

Vote: #HBC | Ryker

Eido

Smash Journeyman
fontisian fontisian Yeah it is. I also signed up for a game on Mafia Universe before this one, but it got cancelled.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Interesting, why do you assume LaserGuy is more informed on Vicarin meta than me? I'll just note you deferring to LaserGuyfor later. And again, if you want Vicarin meta that badly you have resources.
Because in the two posts presented to me, you had one nebulous comment on which you didn't take a very strong stance and LaserGuy posted a more thought out conclusion that sounded more sure of himself. Uncertain how you could read that any differently.

If you really want to read me, you could, you know, either ask me some questions, or at least reply to mine, instead of making posts like #151. Oh wait, you did question me, you posted a picture of a clown in post #152 and asked if it was me. Why do you feel more secure asking LaserGuy?
LaserGuy LaserGuy It's getting lonely and I think Bessie here is jealous of the bond we share. Is this sort of green-eyed reaction scum coming after me or a townie unable to control their nastier base instincts?

Eido

Smash Journeyman
No games in full here so far. I've started looking through Things I Like.

On Mafia Universe I caught the finale and started following that every now and then.

fontisian

Smash Champion
No games in full here so far. I've started looking through Things I Like.

On Mafia Universe I caught the finale and started following that every now and then.
Cool.

You, uh, may have accidentally named yourself after a MU mod.

Xivii

caterpillar feet
NNID
HBC
Xivii Xivii Do you want to change your vote?
Sure

Vote: Sabrar
I didn’t even pay attention to the color, I tend to ignore all the font colors in posts. And I do not copy text colors into my notes.
Bruh. Changing the color serves the same purpose as bolding something -- it distinguishes it as something important. How did you not notice that it was a different color than everything else when you were focused on looking for characteristics that distinguished it???

I don’t do RVS, and I don’t typically vote this early in the game. As you know, it’s a holdover from convention on my home site, and I'm still adjusting to the differences. Why are you asking a question to which you know the answer?
Ok.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
And here I was, hoping for a unique-sounding username 👀

Do you have a link?

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Xivii Xivii Why is Sabrar a harder sell than Wam? I think there's a lot less to disagree with there in general.

Sabrar, Font, Maven, and Vicarin can all go, imo.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Bessie, Xivii, FF, and Wam can all make it to day two.

Laserguy is my best friend and obviously town.

Eido also probably town.

There's two or three more players in this game and they haven't made a large impression on me.

fontisian

Smash Champion
And here I was, hoping for a unique-sounding username 👀

Do you have a link?
Voxx:
Goes by Eidolonic on his main site:

His nickname is Eido.

If you go by Eido on MU, you're going to be in for some confusion.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
Oh, the inno child and mother ****ing Ruy. Life really changed that man if I don't have a read on him on page seven.

fontisian

Smash Champion
Bessie, Xivii, FF, and Wam can all make it to day two.

Laserguy is my best friend and obviously town.

Eido also probably town.

There's two or three more players in this game and they haven't made a large impression on me.
These reads, they are not great.

Well, the Bessie/Xivii stuff is fine, because Xivii is towny and I'm willing to just take his word on it for Bessie. And Eido is probably town if he's not lying about his prior experience.

Frozen, though, may not actually be town. And Wam's scummy af.

Your Vicarin push is just weird, to be honest, he's not really doing anything alignment indicative except being pretty chill under pressure. Haven't seen anything from Maven, but hey, maybe I'll see something scummy from him and these reads will look better.

Eido

Smash Journeyman
Voxx:
Goes by Eidolonic on his main site:

His nickname is Eido.

If you go by Eido on MU, you're going to be in for some confusion.
I get a DLP Error for the second link. I need to be logged in.

I'll take your word for it.

I'm tempted to sign up! Lol!

Top Bottom