• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Apex 2015 Top 8 Predictions

Who do you think will win Apex?

• C9 MaNg0

Votes: 154 43.0%
  • P4K EMP | Mew2King

Votes: 50 14.0%
  • P4K EMP | Armada

Votes: 52 14.5%
  • EG | PPMD

Votes: 46 12.8%
  • Crs Hungrybox

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • Crs Chillindude

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • OXY | Westballz

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Fly Amanita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GC | Silent Wolf

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • MOR | Axe

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lefffen

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters

Chinaux

Smash Ace
I want Leffen to win but to be completely honest I don't think he has much of a chance at #1.

Wooggle

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango
2. PPMD
3. Armada
4. Mew2King
5. Leffen
6. Hungrybox
7. Lucky
8. Westballz

*Risen*

Smash Cadet
To me, this depends on if Hbox meets Mango or not. I am a personal Hbox fan, and everyone really gives him some negativity due to his placings, but we saw what he can do one stock shy of the second set in EVO 2014, finally beating armada in two consecutive sets. Now that Hax is out of the picture due to his injury, my top 8 is:

1. Mango (thou shalt not sleep on the kid.) - I'm not a HUGE fan of him, but he's the favorite to win this. He hasn't dropped a tournament that matters to him in a long time. Apex is no different. If he gets taken down, I will place him lower eventually. But for how, the kid rests on his throne.

2. Mew2King - I think M2K can really do this. He can beat Hungrybox, and, judging by how Armada's been lately, can beat Armada as well. He can defeat Axe and Leffen, but the problem is he's the smash god that's most likely to be up-set by someone next to Hbox. As long as he doesn't get upset, he will be here. M2K ends up in grands a lot, so its no surprise to me that I have him here.

3. Hungrybox - Hbox can get 3rd if he beats Armada like he did at Evo. I think M2K can beat him, which is why i have him here. If he sees Mango early, though, he's gonna be lower. I will never doubt this man.

4. Armada - Armada can beat PPMD consistently, and I think Hbox will beat him again if he plays the same way. Mango has been beating him lately, and if Armada meets M2K, my prediction might be way off. However, if Armada and M2K don't play, this will be accurate. And if M2K beats Armada if they meet, awesome.

5. PPMD - PPMD, the champ of apex 2014, has been placing low in the smash gods ranks since his win at SKTAR (4th or worse). We'll see how it goes, but for now our favorite lab rat is gonna have to prove himself to the public again and shake off the rust.

5. Leffen - The problem with Leffen is, he can beat certain smash gods. If he meets Armada and Hbox, he can take them, and place higher. If he faces Mango, M2K, or maybe even PPMD, he will lose. At least, that's how its been. Leffen needs to face certain people to break into the top three or four, but for now he's here.

7. Axe - The lovable Pikachu main will be able to crack top 8 no problem, but the problem is everyone above him. If he plays Mango, he's sure to lose. Hungrybox will be a close set. Same with M2K. Armada, PP, and maybe even Leffen can all probably beat him. It really depends on who he goes up against.

7. Lucky - Lately, Lucky's been doing great. He's made strides placing 5th at Big House below Mango, M2K, Armada, and Leffen and also defeated Westballz in grand finals after a Loser's run at SSS 30, making him very capable. If he can beat Westballz again, take out Fly Amanita, PPU, Ice, and any other solid contendor for the top 8, he can do this. I actually want to see Lucky here.

Kadano

Magical Express
1. Dr. Peepee

2. leffen

3. Armada

4. Mango

5. Mew2king

5. Axe

7. PewPewU

7. Hbox

Last edited:

Imfrikinbad

Smash Cadet
M2K
Mango
Armada
Leffen
Hungrybox
PPMD
Lucky
Westballz

I think it's time that M2K wins this. Also, Lucky sneaks in top 8 and Leffen has a good showing. Potentially even making Grand Finals.

EDIT- Axe could also sneak in to top 8 depending on match ups.

EDIT #2 - Didn't know about Hax hand getting messed up. Now edited list includes Westballz

Last edited:

strawhats

Smash Master
actually hax recently tweeted that it looks like he will be able to compete at Apex 2015, due to his hands responding well to treatment/therapy.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Frankly, I'm tired of mango winning major tournies. And Axe is without a doubt my favorite player, so I'd like to see him do well.

Also, the PC Chris hype is so real.

DankLump

Smash Rookie
Also, the PC Chris hype is so real.[/quote]

Couldn't agree more. I almost feel like he's coming back just to fight Ken and the trailer was hype too. Everyone's gotta watch their last set at least five times before apex so we can all really feel the hype when or if they face off!

D

Deleted member 269706

Got my money on Mango.
Seeing PC Chris return would also be nice.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
Hax isn't going to Apex as far as I know due to his wrist.

Mew2King
Mang0
Leffen
PPMD
Armada
Axe
HBox
Fly Amanita/Westballz

I gotta say, M2K's my idol so I'm always rooting for him to win. Leffen's been playing extremely well lately and with this momentum I think he'd get top 3. PPMD will likely have too much momentum and therefore crash because of expectations. Armada's my boy but I just haven't really felt like he's been doing as well as usual lately? Idk, maybe he'll obliterate everyone, maybe not. Axe is also so fun to watch and with how he did last year? I can see him rising up. HBox of course because he's a big 5 and generally a very smart and clever player (inb4: spam bair is so clever haha lolol). Then Fly/West just because of gut feelings.

I will say, if Hax indeed IS going to Apex, he would be above Axe and push everyone down a spot.

AJawesome07

Smash Apprentice
Hax isn't going to Apex as far as I know due to his wrist.

I will say, if Hax indeed IS going to Apex, he would be above Axe and push everyone down a spot.
Hax said on Twitter that due to "physical therapy and supplements" his hand was feeling better rather quickly and that he might be able to compete at Apex. I love Hax, but I really don't want him to push himself too far and injure his hand worse than it ever was before. That being said, I think even if he competes, he's just not in condition to do particularly well. Considering his current condition, I'd say that Top 16 would be a great tourney for someone with a broken hand.

Osennecho

Smash Ace
1. Armada
2. PPMD
3. Mango
4. Hbox
5. M2K
5. Axe
7. Leffen
7. PPU/Westballz/Wobbles/idk ... This is pretty much a tossup between a lot of people..... I think I'll pick PPU.

I want to put M2K at 2nd, but he's been playing a lot of S4 lately.

Last edited:

Miketastic5

Smash Cadet
NNID
Miketastic5
1st: Mango-Not even a Mango fan that much, but even I have to accept now you can't sleep on the kid.

2nd:Mew2King-Just a fan of Mew2King, I don't really have a good reason for the placing. I will say though if this happens, he'll be winner's side of Grand and somebody will have defeated Armada for him. Though, to note, Mew2King I feel is also the least consistent of the top players. There's definitely a chance he gets as low as 17th (again), or as high as 1st.

3rd: Leffen-On a role right now with him defeating Mango and Armada at BEAST 5. He'll likely be the one to take Armada out of tourney.

4th: Armada-Still amazing, but has been waning in his recent results. Unless it picks it up, I can see him by the end of the year getting consistent 3rd-5th instead of at least 2nd like he used to.

5th: PPMD/Wobbles-Wobbles has been showing hints that he is actually going to try hard to win this event, so I full expect him to make Top 8 unless he runs into a good Falco like Westballz, Axe, or PPMD, as he's been showing difficulty against top level Falcos like them recently. PPMD, like someone earlier said, is likely going to crack under too much expectation and not place as high as he really should.

7th: Hungrybox/A bunch of people. Hungrybox has definitely shown to be the weakest of the Gods recently barring his EVO performance, so unless he gets a favorable bracket I see him landing here. Other contenders for this spot include Lucky, Westballz, KirbyKaze, Plup, Hax if he returns, and plenty more I don't have time to list. Also, to anybody doubting my KirbyKaze choice, he has really been showing himself getting back potentially to his Top 10 in the World form, and a favorable bracket could definitely lend him to getting Top 8.

Also, PC Chris will get 25th or 17th is my prediction for him and his amazing return.

ATH_

Smash Ace
3DS FC
0963-0267-2548
Switch FC
6592-1642-9705
After today I have to say.

M2K
Mango
Armada
Hbox
Leffen
PPMD
Axe
Hax

Still routing for M2K, of course.

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Anyone else get the feeling PPU now might have the best chance of getting top 8 outside of the top 6?

Heefe

Smash Apprentice
I could't find m2k in melee pools, maybe he just plays Brawl and Wii U.

Hax is going, he said so yesterday on stream.

Akago

Smash Cadet
Hmmm...

I'd have to say, if I were forced to make a bet on this:

1) Mang0
2) Armada
3) PPMD
4) Mew2King
5) Hungrybox
6) Axe
7) Leffen
8) Somebody else.. I'm not sure on Westballz, Hax, Silent Wolf, Fly Anamata..

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
[collapse="My rankings for who wins (not: not my top 8) APEX goes as follow:"]
1. Mango: I just think he'll go GOAT MODE.
2. Leffen: He just has it all together right now.
3. HBox: His switch to a more read-based style is really leveling up his play.
4. Armada: One of the greatest ever and always a threat, but he has a few hiccups right now.
5. PPMD: He left on not the greatest of terms, but his peaks were great. He's always a threat, but I expect quite a share of rust.
6. Axe: He has looked incredible in past weeks, and he's slowly leveling up. Expect great things from him this year.
7. Wobbles: This man beat multiple Gods at his last major EVO 2013, only losing 2 sets to the GOAT Mango. He could do it again.
8. Westballz: His Falco is always a threat to just go on a technical rampage and look unstoppable.
9. Lucky: He has been on a roll lately. If he can keep the SD's down he can win this thing.
10. PewPewU: This guy has looked incredible so far this year in his limited exposure. The best PPU we've seen yet.
11. Colbol: Technically he has looked fantastic and he has been quite on a roll so far this year. He's always able to cause upsets.
12. Fly Amanita: He has looked good lately, but not great. If he can turn it around in a minute, he could be a threat.
13. Plup: People sleep on him, but boy oh boy is he amazing. I wouldn't put it past him to beat one of the Five Gods.
14. SFAT: His technicality is truly something to behold If he can stay hot and not hit his terri-bad cold spells he can go a long way.
15. Fiction: He's pretty good. If he can use his level-headed approach, he can reall shock a few people.

Noticeably absent names:
1. Mew2King: He will likely have to beat 2 Gods in order to even make Grand Finals let alone win the whole thing. He doesn't have what it takes to beat those 4 Gods (especially Mango and HBox), given how he isn't practicing and is having pre-Johns. Still, he will probably make top 8, just don't bet on him winning.

2. Hax: Given his hand issues and how he looked against The Moon, I would not feel comfortable picking him. Hopefully he heals up soon.[/collapse]
My Top 8 Predictions:
1. Mango
2. Leffen
3. Hungrybox
4. Armada
5. Wobbles
5. PPMD
7. Axe
7. Westballz

Last edited:

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
can anyone here give me a bracket link?? that would be fantastic.

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
Anybody got any predictions for Top 8 at Apex? I have weird feelings about it but I think some of the demigods are gonna break into God status this tournament, just a feeling I've got. I think it will be:

Hax
Mango
Axe
Armada
Hungrybox
Chillin
Mew2King
Fly Amanita
LOLLOLOLOLOL Hax literrally just got 3-0'd by The Moon, hes not even top 6 in the world, has a serious hand injury and is showing up last minute to apex and you think he is going to win?!?!? #toomanyfanboys

Bebop86

Smash Cadet
Top 8:

1. aMSa
2. PC Chris
3. Bizzarro Flame
4. Lil Fumi
5. Borp
5. D1
7. Green Ranger
7. KDJ

100% happening.

Mr. Jam

Smash Apprentice
1. Armada
2. Mango
3. PPMD
4. Leffen
5. Hungrybox
5. Mew2King
7. Axe
7. Wobbles

Akago

Smash Cadet
Top 8:

1. aMSa
2. PC Chris
3. Bizzarro Flame
4. Lil Fumi
5. Borp
5. D1
7. Green Ranger
7. KDJ

100% happening.
If aMSa won a big international tournament I would lose my mind with joy. I love that guy and his Yoshi too much.

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
LOLLOLOLOLOL Hax literrally just got 3-0'd by The Moon, hes not even top 6 in the world, has a serious hand injury and is showing up last minute to apex and you think he is going to win?!?!? #toomanyfanboys
Hax does have a very serious claim to #7 in the world and could definitely be top 5 by the end of the year. He had a very serious claim for the #6 spot before he announced his hand was badly injured and he would be needing hand surgery.

But at this point in time with his hand as it is, Hax definitely won't even sniff top 5. He's simply not in the physical shape to do it. This hurts him moreso than your average player as well due to his hand injuries.

Although, to be fair to Hax, he's not showing up "last minute". He has years of practice and was never out of practice. His last major tournament he also won in a convincing manner and ended 2014 very strongly.

Hopefully when he gets his hand healed and fixed he can get that momentum back and truly bring it for another MLG Melee event, EVO, The Big House, ROM, Kings of Cali, and other Melee majors (Genesis? POUND?).

Last edited:

Aht'z

Smash Rookie
1. Mango
2. Hbox
3. Armada
4. Dr.PP
5. M2K
5. Leffen
7. Wobbles
7. Axe

As always the big 4. But Leffen can beat some of them, depending who he will meet in bracket.

Samtaro

Smash Rookie
I think M2K has honestly been playing Smash 4 way too much for him to be a top two contender at Apex this year for Melee, but I could be wrong. I'd love to see Armada win and keep Mang0 nation in their place.

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is so hard to predict because matchups DO matter. For example, I could see Fly placing well if he can avoid elite foxes / Armada in bracket. Obviously, it is impossible to know what Fly's bracket is going to look like. That being said:

1. Mango - He's on a roll as far as major tournies go. I would not feel right about picking any one else over him until someone dethrones him.
2. Hax - This one was tough. I was debating between hax and PPMD. PPMD won the last APEX, so I almost gave him the nod, but hax has been improving quite rapidly. I think hax can beat anyone he faces sans Mango, and that includes PPMD who hasn't, AFAIK, played against Hax's improved fox - perhaps it will catch the doctor by surprise.
3. PPMD, see above. Also, a worry of mine with PPMD is that he has been, AFAIK, MIA from major tournies since EVO, and I wonder how rusty he may be come APEX.
4. Leffen - This was also a tough pick because we don't know what the bracket will look like. We know that leffen historically struggles against mango and mew2king and PPMD's marth did well against him the last time they met up. If leffen can avoid facing these three early in the bracket, I think he can get 4th or better.
5. Armada - I hate putting him here, but I am a believer, albeit a lukewarm one, to hax's 20xx prophecy. I think he is vulnerable (I think it is more fair to say that PEACH is vulnerable) to the elite foxes of the tourney. I would like him to prove me wrong.
5 or 7. Mew2king - I am not sure where his mindset will be once APEX 2015 approaches. He just got 13th place at DYFWI losing to silent wolf and fiction. While I don't think that will necessarily happen again, I think he is vulnerable if times get tough (possibly getting a similar placing.)
5 or 7. Axe - Again, this is dependent on matchups. I think he is more than capable of beating everyone, maybe less so against mango, PPMD, and armada. He does well against spacies, which this tourney will adequately boast. If he could avoid certain people early in bracket, I think 7th is the worst he will do, possibly can get 5th. I hope he does better and gets top 3 since he is a favorite of mine. :)
7. Silent Wolf - I think there are many others who can get 7th, but silent wolf has done well recently at a couple of big tournies. To reiterate, I am somewhat of a believer of 20xx so it's only fitting to have an elite fox here. If

Notables
Hungrybox - I DO NOT have hungrybox in the top 8. His character is vulnerable to fox and while he historically does well against Mr. McCloud, he lost to two at his last major tourney, and I think the same will happen here. I see hungrybox finishing anywhere from 9th-17th.
Westballz - I have no idea where to place him. I think he can get anywhere from 5th to 33rd - a glass cannon that is impossible to predict. I went ahead and safely placed him outside of the top 8.
lol. I was wrong in ALL of my predictions.

The only one I was remotely close in was Westballz. He ended up getting 33rd, something I was fearing. I suppose if I had kept out Hax then I would have been right about Leffen's placement too!

Last edited:
Top Bottom