• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - Apex 2015 Apex 2015 Top 8 Predictions

Who do you think will win Apex?

• C9 MaNg0

Votes: 154 43.0%
  • P4K EMP | Mew2King

Votes: 50 14.0%
  • P4K EMP | Armada

Votes: 52 14.5%
  • EG | PPMD

Votes: 46 12.8%
  • Crs Hungrybox

Votes: 22 6.1%
  • Crs Chillindude

Votes: 7 2.0%
  • OXY | Westballz

Votes: 2 0.6%
  • Fly Amanita

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • GC | Silent Wolf

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • MOR | Axe

Votes: 11 3.1%
  • Lefffen

Votes: 11 3.1%

• Total voters

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
Anybody got any predictions for Top 8 at Apex? I have weird feelings about it but I think some of the demigods are gonna break into God status this tournament, just a feeling I've got. I think it will be:

Hax
Mango
Axe
Armada
Hungrybox
Chillin
Mew2King
Fly Amanita

B-Will

BRoomer
BRoomer
This is so hard to predict because matchups DO matter. For example, I could see Fly placing well if he can avoid elite foxes / Armada in bracket. Obviously, it is impossible to know what Fly's bracket is going to look like. That being said:

1. Mango - He's on a roll as far as major tournies go. I would not feel right about picking any one else over him until someone dethrones him.
2. Hax - This one was tough. I was debating between hax and PPMD. PPMD won the last APEX, so I almost gave him the nod, but hax has been improving quite rapidly. I think hax can beat anyone he faces sans Mango, and that includes PPMD who hasn't, AFAIK, played against Hax's improved fox - perhaps it will catch the doctor by surprise.
3. PPMD, see above. Also, a worry of mine with PPMD is that he has been, AFAIK, MIA from major tournies since EVO, and I wonder how rusty he may be come APEX.
4. Leffen - This was also a tough pick because we don't know what the bracket will look like. We know that leffen historically struggles against mango and mew2king and PPMD's marth did well against him the last time they met up. If leffen can avoid facing these three early in the bracket, I think he can get 4th or better.
5. Armada - I hate putting him here, but I am a believer, albeit a lukewarm one, to hax's 20xx prophecy. I think he is vulnerable (I think it is more fair to say that PEACH is vulnerable) to the elite foxes of the tourney. I would like him to prove me wrong.
5 or 7. Mew2king - I am not sure where his mindset will be once APEX 2015 approaches. He just got 13th place at DYFWI losing to silent wolf and fiction. While I don't think that will necessarily happen again, I think he is vulnerable if times get tough (possibly getting a similar placing.)
5 or 7. Axe - Again, this is dependent on matchups. I think he is more than capable of beating everyone, maybe less so against mango, PPMD, and armada. He does well against spacies, which this tourney will adequately boast. If he could avoid certain people early in bracket, I think 7th is the worst he will do, possibly can get 5th. I hope he does better and gets top 3 since he is a favorite of mine. :)
7. Silent Wolf - I think there are many others who can get 7th, but silent wolf has done well recently at a couple of big tournies. To reiterate, I am somewhat of a believer of 20xx so it's only fitting to have an elite fox here. If

Notables
Hungrybox - I DO NOT have hungrybox in the top 8. His character is vulnerable to fox and while he historically does well against Mr. McCloud, he lost to two at his last major tourney, and I think the same will happen here. I see hungrybox finishing anywhere from 9th-17th.
Westballz - I have no idea where to place him. I think he can get anywhere from 5th to 33rd - a glass cannon that is impossible to predict. I went ahead and safely placed him outside of the top 8.

Last edited:

M.C.Jeducation

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango- Undoubtedly the strongest smash player at the moment. I think he's definitely the safest bet for first.
2. Armada- It was a bit of a toss up between Armada and Hax but in my opinion Armada still has a slight edge on Hax, at the rate Hax is improving though this could easily change.
3. Hax- Seen a huge improvement in Hax recently, he is definitely a strong player.
4. PPMD- Would be higher on this list and a much stronger contender, but he has been less active at tourneys so I am less confident of his placing.
5. M2K- Some inconsistent placings recently in tournaments which might affect him mentally, but I still have faith that M2K can keep a decent placing.
6. Axe- Been playing pretty solidly and is definitely a strong player with a good shot at placing well.
7. Silent Wolf- Also been playing well recently and has been improving. I don't think he's a strong enough contender to stand a chance much higher than this but he definitely could take this spot.
8. Hungrybox- This list wouldn't feel right without putting the runner-up of EVO 2014 on it. He may not be placing as well as he was but I still see him being able to pull of making it to the top 8.

Jiggsbomb

Smash Ace
I have faith in Armada!
But I think that PPMD or Hax will come out at the top.

1 PPMD

2: Hax

3: Armada

4: Mango

5:M2K

6:Axe

7: Hungry box

8: Silent wolf.

Last edited:

The Prince L

Smash Apprentice
1. Mango

2. Armada

3. Mew2King

4. PPMD

5. Hungrybox

6. Leffen

7. Hax

8. Axe

9. Westballz

10. Fly Amanita

11. Silent Wolf

12. Chillindude

EddyBearr

Smash Lord
1. Mango (Best player, probably will be the most focused on Melee at the time, has yet to take an Apex)
2. PPMD (PPMD does so well at Apex and I doubt he'll be as SSB4 interested)
3. Armada (Armada's a champion, but his character will catch up to him a little bit and he'll probably be less melee-focused than PP or Mango
4. Mew2King (Amazing player, some character flaws, and he'll probably enter every event, limiting him a bit.)
5. Leffen (I don't see him beating any of the above, especially with some effort in SSB4, but I don't see him losing to anyone below him even with effort on SSB4)
5. Hax (Hyper dedication, and I don't think he'd lose to anyone below him)
7. Hungrybox (He'll have some matchup troubles, and foxes will be prepared for him, but he's still Hungrybox)
7. Silent Wolf (He's always done well at Apex, but I think he's got the dedication and skill to out-compete the rest.

Bonus:
9. Axe (not top 8 because I think his character will catch up to him. People who are smart are going to force themselves to know how to beat axe specifically. If it was by skill alone, I'd have him in top 8.)
9. Shroomed (he's always a nationals threat, and I think he'll be on his A-Game with a character he's only getting better and better at (with the Doc in his pocket should he ever need it.)
9. Lucky (If anything changed in the top 8, I'd expect it to be Silent Wolf and Lucky trading places. Lucky's really good but he has to do play well.)
9. Triple R (Kirby is unbeatable)

MudkipUniverse

Smash Ace
NNID
VolcanicAsh
1. Mew2king
2. Armada
3. Mang0
4. Leffen
5. PPMD
5. Silent Wolf
7. Axe
7. Hungrybox

Odd predictions i have here, and putting silent wolf at No. 5 was me being a fanboy.

and I actually think I might get top 1 at apex 2015

1MachGO

Smash Ace
Players are ordered within their tier:

90+% chance of getting top 8 tier:
Armada
Mango
PPMD
M2K
Leffen
Hax

70~75+% chance of getting top 8 tier:
Axe
Hungrybox
Lucky

50+% chance of getting top 8 tier:
Fly
Silent Wolf

35+% chance of getting top 8 tier (better than everyone else below them):
Westballz
PPU
SFAT
S2J
Colbol
Plup

Honorable mentions/Wildcards:
Fiction
Shroomed
Wizzrobe?
Ice?
Flash?

Players who can realistically get higher than top 8 (no particular order):
Armada
Mango
PPMD
M2K
Leffen
Hax
Axe
Hungrybox
Lucky

What I think it'll be:
1. Mango
2. PPMD
3. Armada
4. M2K
5. Leffen
5. Hax
7. Axe
7. Fly

What I secretly want it to be:
1. Armada
2. PPMD
3. Mango
4. M2K
5. Leffen
5. Axe
7. Fly
7. S2J

CASHMONEYDOLLABILLS

Smash Cadet
i'm going to go out on a limb with some ****ty predictions (and very unlikely)

1. Leffen
2. Mang0
3. PPMD
4. Armada
5. Hax
5. Mew2King
7. Hbox
7. Lucky / Westballz / Silentwolf

Sideslick

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Sideslick
Where's the option for voting for me?

(I know it's not happening. I'm a Sm4sh-player, anyways.)

[Edit: screwed up "Sm4sh" as "Sma4sh", lol!]

Last edited:

LL87

Smash Rookie
1. PP

2. M2K

3. Mango

4. Leffen

5. Hax

5. Hungrybox

7. Armada

7. Axe

Remioli

Smash Journeyman
All y'all mofos sleeping on Hbox after getting second at Evo. Tisk tisk.

1. Mango
2. PPMD
3. Hbox
4. Armada
5. Hax
6. Leffen
7. M2K
8. Axe

Chillin wild card

JFB (JurgaBurgaFlintines)

Smash Apprentice
1. PPMD
2. Armada
3. Mango
4. M2K
5. Leffen
6. Hbox
7. Axe
8. Lucky/ Hax

I feel Lucky could get into top 8 if he repeats what he did at TBH4. As for Leffen, I think he is getting better and better and more able to challenge the Big 5.
Also.. kinda on a related to Apex, I hope Triple R goes to Apex so I can see him wipe the floor with his Kirby.

Last edited:

Jmanthedragonguy

Smash Rookie
1. Armada -- He's been putting in some work in melee back in Europe, dominating tournaments, and looking very stellar the in fox matchup vs Leffen.
2. PPMD -- Despite 20XX, I feel the top 2 will be non-fox's. PP hasn't been to any major tourney's recently, so I'm predicting he'll be coming with a hunger. I feel he'll do fine vs anyone bar Armada.
3. Mango -- All good things must come to an end, and I feel Mango's tourney winning spree will end here. Personally I'd love an Armada Mango finals more than anything, but I'll go on a whim and say he can't win everything :l
4. Leffen -- I feel like a repeat performance of TBH4 will come out of Leffen, where he does really good, but not quite good enough. He'll still do good enough to debatably warrant a god spot though..
5. M2K -- He is super consistent overall, but I know hes been putting a lot of time into Smash4. M2k will either be a bit hit or miss this tourney I believe.
6. Hax -- If Hax can play on point I believe he can do very well.
7. Hbox -- Personally I'm hoping for Hungrybox do do really well this tourney, like top 5 ish~, but out of the top players I can see him potentially not even making top 8. Fox's are also becoming extremely good, so things are going to be tough for him.
8. Lucky -- He made a great run at TBH4, and I feel he is currently in better form than Axe, Westballz etc.. Hoping for a Lucky performance ;)

Big Daddy Josh

Smash Apprentice
1. PPMD - He may not have done so well over the summer( personal issues) and he may have been MIA this last half of the year but I know he's been watching, studying, meditating, brainstorming. He will be ready.

2. Armada - After not placing where he wanted at MLG and EVO, I feel Armada will be hungry for this and I'm expecting to see an exciting and close set between him and PPMD.

3. Mango - Whether it's him vs PPMD or Armada in Loser's FInals, I don't see him coming out on top.

4. Hax - I feel like this will be one of Hax's best performances to date and if he could take out atleast 1 of the big 5 he will place even better.

5. Hbox - I think the other 4 of the 5 have a good handle on Hbox, unless he's playing like he was at EVO I dont see him getting better than 5th.

5. Leffen - Unless Leffen can stop losing to Mango, PPMD, and M2K (I think Armada even has the upper hand), I don't think he will do better than 5th.

7. Lucky/SilentWolf/Westballz/SFAT/Flash/Chillendude/Fly/The Moon - Both 7th places are really a toss up, I feel like it's open to many players to break in depending on how their bracket goes.

DankLump

Smash Rookie
How I think it will be:

1) Mango
2) Armada
3) PPMD
4) M2K
5) Leffen
6) FlyAmanita/SilentWolf
7) Hax/Chillindude
8) Westballs/Axe/HungryBox

How I want it to be:

1) M2K
2) Mango
3) Armada
4) Westballs
5) Axe
6) PPMD
7) FlyAmanita
8) Abate

DankLump

Smash Rookie
Somehow forgot Hbox
1. Mang0
2. M2K
3. PPMD
4. Leffen
5. Armada
5. Hbox
7. Axe
7. Chillin
I honestly don't think HungryBox will make top 8. Although he is a really smart player and considered to be one of the big 5 I think that title may be fading away. As the smash community is still growing more people are getting really good with a new level of tech skill and Although Hbox isn't getting worse, he isn't really getting any better because he just reuses the same gimmicks and people are getting better at recognizing and reacting to this. Hbox said it in an interview that his hands just don't move fast enough to play a very technical character. As a secondary I think it would be useful for him to have but without this it makes it hard for him to keep up. He is however still likely to make top 8, I just don't think it's as likely.

Kwak

Smash Rookie
1. PPMD
2. Mang0/Armada
3. Mang0/Armada
4. M2K/Hax
5. M2K/Hax
6. Axe
7. Leffen
8. Colbol/SilentWolf/WestBallz

Reasoning:
1. PPMD has been on point all through 2014. He's certainly been MIA at some major tournies but when he shows up he brings his A game. He's shown he can consistently go toe to toe and beat all of the other gods (including some dominant 4 stocks we've seen over the last few years.) Not to mention he won Apex last year so I think he'll be enthusiastic to defend the title.

2/3. Mang0 is...well Mang0. He's been wrecking house through all of the majors we've had in 2014 and obviously has a dominance over anyone out of the Top 5 save maybe a small handful of the demigods on their good days. I don't think he'll take first mainly because I see PPMD having too much going for him to not win. Also, I feel a situation like M2K or someone knocking Mang0 into losers and Armada knocking him out entirely is very possible. Although if Mang0 is knocked into losers than the only person who could knock him out entirely is only Armada, otherwise Losers bracket Mang0 will take it all the way to Grand Finals and then eventually take 2nd to PPMD.

2/3. Armada is in the same boat as Mang0. I could see him potentially winning if things play out right but only if he doesn't face Mang0/PPMD until Winners or GF. M2K showed he has the potential to beat Armada which causes a bit of concern. But even more alarming is how well Hax played against Armada at Justice 4 and the rate that he's been improving at. Hax could spell a lot of trouble for the whole Top 8 bracket, especially so for Peach. But, regardless of all of this, I still think Armada will end up in Top 3.

4/5. M2K has been pretty consistent throughout 2014 (ignoring his anomalous 13th at DYFWI) and I believe he'll do the same at Apex. Armada will be his biggest challenge overall to pull a win from. PPMD will most likely win simply due to the Marth counterpick he's shown to have a control over nowadays. Mang0 and M2k normally seem to just play semi-casually in their matches which leaves it open to either player for the W. Other than that M2K has a pretty solid control over his games with anyone else. Besides...

4/5. Hax$. This man has been on fire in 2014! Switching to Fox and placing extremely well in all majors only a year into switching his mains. Hax will undoubtedly cause major upsets at Apex and I'm excited to see what they are but I can't even begin to think of what they will be. All I can say is that he's got plenty more of that 20XX to go around and someone is going to get a healthy serving in Top 8 for sure.

6. Axe is without a doubt in the Top 8. Placing him at 6th was a tough decision but I can't see him taking a full set off anyone above in this list other than possibly Hax. He's shown that he has the Fox matchup on lock but Hax has been improving so violently and quickly that I don't think Axe will be able to keep up. I could be very wrong and we could see a repeat of Axe vs SlientWolf, but my money is on Hax pulling out the set with a solid 3/1 at the very least if these two meet up.

7. Leffen is a force to be reckoned with and there's no question about his skill. But, with Axe's performance against some of the other premier Fox mains and Leffen's lack of good results against most of the others in this Top 8 list I predict a disappointing early knockout for Leffen. Probably something like a first match vs M2K knocking him into losers and a close set with anyone other than the gods on this list to ultimately send him home. I'd like him to place higher, but don't see it realistically happening with the STACKED finals we'll have.

8. There are SOOOO many other people that could take this spot but I think as far as 2014 has gone that these 3 have been the most consistent and progressive throughout the year. SilentWolf is possibly the least likely but that is more so because I don't know how he does against most other players/demigods and I can see an upset somewhere early in the bracket. Colbol made it to Top 8 at Apex 2014 and I feel like he'll have a little extra drive to do it again. Plus, I honestly think he's coming to be if not is already Florida's new #1 over HungryBox. And WestBallz has always been a force to be reckoned with. He's got plenty of wins over all of the players out of Top 8 and enough results against the ones in it to definitely earn him a spot somewhere in it.

Overall these are just my loose opinions on the way things can go and I don't have nearly enough knowledge to make a more accurate or educated list. For anyone asking why HungryBox is not even in Top 8 I just honestly think that with his results this year that someone (if not everyone) will be gunning for his Top 5 spot and it will lead to an early upset somewhere in the Top 32 bracket against one of the people on this list. Feel free to give me your opinion on this list or anything else. All I can say now is that I'm hype for Apex and I'll see you all there! :D

Skoomie

Smash Rookie
1. PPMD
2. Mang0/Armada
3. Mang0/Armada
4. M2K/Hax
5. M2K/Hax
6. Axe
7. Leffen
8. Colbol/SilentWolf/WestBallz

Reasoning:
1. PPMD has been on point all through 2014. He's certainly been MIA at some major tournies but when he shows up he brings his A game. He's shown he can consistently go toe to toe and beat all of the other gods (including some dominant 4 stocks we've seen over the last few years.) Not to mention he won Apex last year so I think he'll be enthusiastic to defend the title.

2/3. Mang0 is...well Mang0. He's been wrecking house through all of the majors we've had in 2014 and obviously has a dominance over anyone out of the Top 5 save maybe a small handful of the demigods on their good days. I don't think he'll take first mainly because I see PPMD having too much going for him to not win. Also, I feel a situation like M2K or someone knocking Mang0 into losers and Armada knocking him out entirely is very possible. Although if Mang0 is knocked into losers than the only person who could knock him out entirely is only Armada, otherwise Losers bracket Mang0 will take it all the way to Grand Finals and then eventually take 2nd to PPMD.

2/3. Armada is in the same boat as Mang0. I could see him potentially winning if things play out right but only if he doesn't face Mang0/PPMD until Winners or GF. M2K showed he has the potential to beat Armada which causes a bit of concern. But even more alarming is how well Hax played against Armada at Justice 4 and the rate that he's been improving at. Hax could spell a lot of trouble for the whole Top 8 bracket, especially so for Peach. But, regardless of all of this, I still think Armada will end up in Top 3.

4/5. M2K has been pretty consistent throughout 2014 (ignoring his anomalous 13th at DYFWI) and I believe he'll do the same at Apex. Armada will be his biggest challenge overall to pull a win from. PPMD will most likely win simply due to the Marth counterpick he's shown to have a control over nowadays. Mang0 and M2k normally seem to just play semi-casually in their matches which leaves it open to either player for the W. Other than that M2K has a pretty solid control over his games with anyone else. Besides...

4/5. Hax$. This man has been on fire in 2014! Switching to Fox and placing extremely well in all majors only a year into switching his mains. Hax will undoubtedly cause major upsets at Apex and I'm excited to see what they are but I can't even begin to think of what they will be. All I can say is that he's got plenty more of that 20XX to go around and someone is going to get a healthy serving in Top 8 for sure.

6. Axe is without a doubt in the Top 8. Placing him at 6th was a tough decision but I can't see him taking a full set off anyone above in this list other than possibly Hax. He's shown that he has the Fox matchup on lock but Hax has been improving so violently and quickly that I don't think Axe will be able to keep up. I could be very wrong and we could see a repeat of Axe vs SlientWolf, but my money is on Hax pulling out the set with a solid 3/1 at the very least if these two meet up.

7. Leffen is a force to be reckoned with and there's no question about his skill. But, with Axe's performance against some of the other premier Fox mains and Leffen's lack of good results against most of the others in this Top 8 list I predict a disappointing early knockout for Leffen. Probably something like a first match vs M2K knocking him into losers and a close set with anyone other than the gods on this list to ultimately send him home. I'd like him to place higher, but don't see it realistically happening with the STACKED finals we'll have.

8. There are SOOOO many other people that could take this spot but I think as far as 2014 has gone that these 3 have been the most consistent and progressive throughout the year. SilentWolf is possibly the least likely but that is more so because I don't know how he does against most other players/demigods and I can see an upset somewhere early in the bracket. Colbol made it to Top 8 at Apex 2014 and I feel like he'll have a little extra drive to do it again. Plus, I honestly think he's coming to be if not is already Florida's new #1 over HungryBox. And WestBallz has always been a force to be reckoned with. He's got plenty of wins over all of the players out of Top 8 and enough results against the ones in it to definitely earn him a spot somewhere in it.

Overall these are just my loose opinions on the way things can go and I don't have nearly enough knowledge to make a more accurate or educated list. For anyone asking why HungryBox is not even in Top 8 I just honestly think that with his results this year that someone (if not everyone) will be gunning for his Top 5 spot and it will lead to an early upset somewhere in the Top 32 bracket against one of the people on this list. Feel free to give me your opinion on this list or anything else. All I can say now is that I'm hype for Apex and I'll see you all there! :D

This guy literally has no idea what he's talking about. What a poorly written post.

Top 8 predictions:

1) Bizarro Flame
2) Kage
3) Gravy
4) Hax
5) Azen
6) LiquidKen
7) Chillendude
8) Mango

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
This guy literally has no idea what he's talking about. What a poorly written post.

Top 8 predictions:

1) Bizarro Flame
2) Kage
3) Gravy
4) Hax
5) Azen
6) LiquidKen
7) Chillendude
8) Mango
If you get this prediction correct I would pick up a lottery ticket immediately after.

Gamepadnews

Smash Cadet
No predictions from me, just came to see who all the popular players are though. Seems like there are some highly favored players already. But there's always been some kind of big upset at these from what I have heard.

NFST4R

Smash Cadet
NNID
NFEEMNOMM
3DS FC
1263-6876-0095
lol you've got ppmd, m2k and armada all with a combined total of Mang0. Funny stuff

Type A

Smash Rookie
1) PPMD
defending champ, if he brings his A game he's the favorite imo
2) M2K
proven that he can beat everyone else
3) Leffen
don't sleep on Leffen
4) Armada
always a potential for 1st, but he can be beat
5) Mango
who even knows if he's gonna show up
6) Hbox
a true hero, but the puff life ain't easy
7) Lucky
good showing at TBH4, I think he'll show up again
8) Axe
I don't believe in Hax

Last edited:

Djent

Smash Champion
My picks for top 8 (ordered in the likelihood that they will win the whole event). Duplicate spots 5 & 7 imply interchangeability:

1) Armada: I think he's actually the favorite to win. Look at his win record; he's the only one of the "gods" not to have a negative record against any of the others in 2014. I'll bet on shakier (but still positive) records against HBox/Leffen in exchange for better MUs vs. M2K/PPMD. He's also 7-6 vs. Mango (but that's not saying much lolol).
2) Mango: If Armada doesn't win (again), I really think Mango will finally take an APEX.
3) Leffen: Chosen for his exceptional MU rate against Armada (the favorite) and his potential to beat the other good contenders (minus maybe M2K). Also, he's hungry. No one except Hax (pre-hiatus) matches his passion for the game at this point. I think that matters a lot going into a tournament as big as APEX, and it's why I chose him despite his inferior records compared to PPMD/M2K.
4) PPMD: He rarely shows up, but when he does, he does very well. If the people above him weren't so exceptional, he'd easily sweep the field.
5) Hungrybox: Matches up poorly against all of the above players and has performed shakily in the past year (except at EVO). It's really his horrid MU vs. Mango that keeps me from ranking him higher.
5) Mew2King: Same as above, except trade the horrid Mango MU for a horrid Armada MU. At least he hasn't lost to Leffen yet...
7) Westballz: Doesn't have a good chance of winning, but managed to beat Mango, so at least...that's something? Honestly these are wildcard picks at this point.
7) Axe: Wins over HBox/M2K are nice, but I don't see him cracking any of the top 4 (except for maybe Leffen).

I realize these picks are really uncreative (top 8 = the 8 best active players). But hey, without brackets this is the best I can do.

Top Bottom