• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Apex 2015 Game Lineup Announced!

Joe73191

Smash Journeyman
If Nintendo doesn't like PM being around, then how 'bout they make a game that is competitively playable. lol
You have just won my favorite post I have ever read on Smashboards. If I ever meet you I want to shake your hand. Thank you. You speak truth. You win the internets.

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
If Nintendo doesn't like PM being around, then how 'bout they make a game that is competitively playable. lol
If you want to play a competitive fighting game learn one, and stop trying to turn party games into srsbsns games. lol

See how that works?

GymleaderBen

Smash Apprentice
That doesn't mean a mod cannot become relevant in competition. For example look at Counter Strike and DOTA. Both mods of previously developed games and well done mods at that. Similar to PM, they helped boost sales of the games they were modded off of and also reached the level of e-sports. Hell we have League of Legends because of a mod. Idk if these guys are "selling out" to Nintendo or not, but I personally feel with the amount of work PMDT is putting into their project and what it brought to the community deserves a bit more recognition at least by Nintendo.
its relevant in competition sure, but these bigger name tournaments gotta look good in nintendo's eyes if we dont want bad things to come. To get this competitive scene more foundation sometimes you gotta play by their rules in their yard

King Donkey Kong

Banned via Warnings
They won't give PM any recognition, it's a mod of their game that actually made them money, and they have a new game, why would they ever take focus off that for a mod?

Please don't say for competitive players, they are not the majority for smash and they won't make money off it, Nintendo is a business.

Now I don't like PM, but I know many love it and it would be cool if Nintendo did go for it, I just don't see it happening.

Last edited:
Top Bottom