• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Ap

saviorslegacy

My avater is not a Sheik avatar.
Can someone give me a link to a thread that lists most/all of Sheiks Attack Patterans?

thank you

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
What the hell is an attack patteran?

You mean attack patterns I assume.

What the hell is an attack pattern?

-Mars-

Smash Hero
Sheik is fluid and creative.........just play her on the fly and don't worry about following a certain strategy.

saviorslegacy

Sheik is fluid and creative.........just play her on the fly and don't worry about following a certain strategy.
lol Reminds me of the Native American flute. So what you are saying is you basically have to be artistic?

SinkingHigher

Smash Lord
Alright. Since I still don't have an answer I'll just assume it is what I think it is.

In general, never have a pattern. In any kind of fight, predictability is your WORST enemy. It means that your opponent will know where and when you'll be in a certain place, and that leads to ridiculous amounts of punishment.

On very hard hard matchups, I've found there is only really one way to approach/attack. MK, for example, has trouble protecting himself from diagonally based attacks. Generally, I defend defend defend until I can create/see an opportunity. Technically that would be a pattern.

Basically, on large/slow characters, be as quick and aggressive as you can and link as many hits together as possible. You need to take advantage of the usually present lag, but beware of range and power.

Smaller characters on the other hand, who usually have projectiles, require you to have some kind of defense system. Be it simply airdodging or actual interactive defense, you need to take your time with this match and WATCH YOUR SPACING.

Again, these are very genereal notes, and I CANNOT stress enough how important it is to NOT be predictable.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Then you should leave.
No, quite frankly, you should. I can appreciate you joined in September and must be a little new and blah blah blah, but you should know the basics of a forum by now. Read the stickies, they will cover for the most part your 'attack patterns'.

When you post a topic, make sure you convey actually what you mean, make sure it's not already been answered and make sure it's not just stupid. You did none of these things.

saviorslegacy

Alright. Since I still don't have an answer I'll just assume it is what I think it is.

In general, never have a pattern. In any kind of fight, predictability is your WORST enemy. It means that your opponent will know where and when you'll be in a certain place, and that leads to ridiculous amounts of punishment.

On very hard hard matchups, I've found there is only really one way to approach/attack. MK, for example, has trouble protecting himself from diagonally based attacks. Generally, I defend defend defend until I can create/see an opportunity. Technically that would be a pattern.

Basically, on large/slow characters, be as quick and aggressive as you can and link as many hits together as possible. You need to take advantage of the usually present lag, but beware of range and power.

Smaller characters on the other hand, who usually have projectiles, require you to have some kind of defense system. Be it simply airdodging or actual interactive defense, you need to take your time with this match and WATCH YOUR SPACING.

Again, these are very genereal notes, and I CANNOT stress enough how important it is to NOT be predictable.
Sorries, an AP is simply a combo. ie When Sheik uses d-tilt, f-tilt 5 times and the U-smash, you just done an AP. You were talking about meta game. In other words.... play style.

saviorslegacy

No, quite frankly, you should. I can appreciate you joined in September and must be a little new and blah blah blah, but you should know the basics of a forum by now. Read the stickies, they will cover for the most part your 'attack patterns'.

When you post a topic, make sure you convey actually what you mean, make sure it's not already been answered and make sure it's not just stupid. You did none of these things.
Oh aren't we smart. Judgeing someone on how new they are to a certain site. Does this mean that I'm new to forums?

If you noticed the other members where like. "Do we even have a thread on AP yet?" So yeah..... I checked the sticky and found nothing.

Also, what's the problem on posting this? #1 It makes the Sheik boards more active and 2 it brings AP to the attention of an experienced Sheik player.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why would you use a moronic term like AP to describe what's already widely known as a combo?

saviorslegacy

Why would you use a moronic term like AP to describe what's already widely known as a combo?
Cause Melee nerds insist that there are no combos in Brawl. So I smart person (IDK who he is) decided to save everyone some grief and coin SSBB combos AP. He done it to lower arguments. :/

:EDIT: I got this from the Falco boards.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Okay, so you've convinced me that you're not only a moron, but also one who can't think for himself.

Good work.

Here's some advice, stay away from the Marth boards, you'll be even worse off over there.

Blistering Speed

Smash Champion
Oh aren't we smart. Judgeing someone on how new they are to a certain site. Does this mean that I'm new to forums?

If you noticed the other members where like. "Do we even have a thread on AP yet?" So yeah..... I checked the sticky and found nothing.

Also, what's the problem on posting this? #1 It makes the Sheik boards more active and 2 it brings AP to the attention of an experienced Sheik player.
...I was actually making excuses for you by mentioning your join date.

No, we don't have a thread on attack patterns....because there's no such thing. I can sort of kind of not really understand you wanting to not call them combo's but I think everyone's gotten so used to the phrase combo's they'll of course know what you mean. If you want to insist upon calling it something which suggests it's escapable, call it a string.

saviorslegacy

So why are you ridculing me? Last time I saw the first two post acknowledged that AP is a real thing. Maybe you should read the post over.... carefully this time. I hate it when people get flame happy.

ps I already know the Marth boards suck. That is why I don't go there.

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Those who can't acknowledge their own mistakes will not go far in the Marth boards.

Good luck with those "attack patterns" of yours.

Top Bottom