• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone want to try?

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
Frist order of biz OMG LOL pichu's trying haha to good. now we don't have to hear that. I am going to A tourment in IN. and it will be fairly big hosted by VG(did pound4) But A few things How should I train my pichu for this? There is no grass to walk around it's all frozen and It's hard to just keep doing tech as pichu. I do think up new ideas every now and then but how should I train?

Also I would like tips on vs puff, fox and falco. It can't hurt to ask.

falco/fox just to throw out there it's really really good to down-throw jab reset till they are nearly out of range and to F-smash it does a lot of damge and can set-up nicly for edge-gaurd.

Like what stages should I ban and junk I think it woould be best to avoid YS and DL64 for puff. Also unless i'm very wrong fully charged side-B shhould kill puff at 30% on any stage for punishment of the missed rest. plus it does the most damage to puff (39%)
Any advice is loved. even it's like wtf everyone knows that.

Also the match-up thing sucks pretty bad needs some advice that could help. Not a paragraph why you get *****.

(the A in the 3rd sent. was amazing i loved how that A looked)

TheManaLord

Smash Hero
unknown522 posting:

you're asking for help on 10-0 matchups. Spam n-air and move around a lot. It's all you can do. Also, if you can grab a space animal, CG them then chain a lot of u-airs -> d-air and try to edgeguard.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
horray people care. Also if a match-up is 10-0 I should ask for help shouldn't I. Hey do you ever nair jab reset to F-smash? it works at 40ish % on fox I will admit I should just grab but yeah sweet F-smash set-up. Is there any reason why I shouldn't Down-throw tech chase? you know platforms are on most stages and up-throw isn't easy or anything like that.

Upairs can set up grabs if they are below 60% and you hit them on the ground. I wish everyone but me knew this junk about pichu :(.

Thank you unknown522 in the body of TheManaLord

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I have to much pride though plus if I wanted to go as my best person I should go as marth because my really good movement as pichu is even better as marth I don't even play as marth and he is my best.

I want to get better and all I do with ice climbers is spam and camp.

unknown522

Some guy
sorry for the late reply:
horray people care. Also if a match-up is 10-0 I should ask for help shouldn't I. Hey do you ever nair jab reset to F-smash? it works at 40ish % on fox I will admit I should just grab but yeah sweet F-smash set-up. Is there any reason why I shouldn't Down-throw tech chase? you know platforms are on most stages and up-throw isn't easy or anything like that.

Upairs can set up grabs if they are below 60% and you hit them on the ground. I wish everyone but me knew this junk about pichu :(.

Thank you unknown522 in the body of TheManaLord
once, I hit a n-air, I keep spamming it, when they get knocked over. If they tech, there is usually enough time to follow a tech roll, and then you get a grab.

D-throw tech chase is good, but it's better to u-throw characters that will land on a platform, because you can waveland then u-smash/grab.

u-air -> grab will work if the opponent doesn't DI the u-air. If they do DI the u-air, then you have to tech chase, or attempt to edgeguard if they fall off the stage.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
it's cool I just thought about something, as pichu you can say just dd, nair, chain throw and some egde guard advice most people know that, but really if you do that it doesn't work amazingly it's more about knowing how to do it than being able to. I have to go it it figure out ways to bait or what have you.

Forgive me I should've known. But if you use up-B it's faster than your run it may make up-air grab a grab set-up even if they di hard away. oooooo i've an idea back later.

Lordydennek

Smash Ace
you can uair juggle any fastfaller about a million times. My friend likes to start low and then uair up to platforms and finish with an upsmash or nair on the top platform.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
It turns out i'm not a combo guy :( I'm more into messing with people which was cool to compare me to another pichu player that was combo based. I think I only got one or 2 very small combos and he got many more like up-tilt-> upair dair and stuff.

I won even when he edge gaurded better and could SDI of F-smash pretty good. But of course I camped I did retreating full hop Bs and WDed back F-smashing(plan didn't work out amazing(safe damage) but it keep me safe) lol even pichu outranges pichu.

AyatoK26

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Kaminakid
I would just say switch up your style of play. Go from being a hit-and-run-SHFF nair player to a bait-and-punish to a combo juggler kind of player....

In other words, UNPREDICTABILITY!! (a.k.a., pichu's nickname)

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I don't just nair spam I also up-smash a lot and upair. Really I don't know how to describe my pichu other than mindgames and i'm really good at mindgames because that's how I play smash 70% of the time is in my head. Like I thought up all the tricks I do without really doing them and tryed them vs real people and they work

Top Bottom