• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone plan on Switching thier mains when Brawl comes out?

TheSpindoctor

Smash Journeyman
how can you guys know what character you are going to main?

just because pit looks cool, it doesnt mean he is going to be good or bad.

I plan to main....the best character

Adi

Smash Lord
Lol, well you're going to be changing every year or so. Tier lists change dynamically as people discover new and new strategies, don't choose the best character, choose the one you like the best.

Suna

Smash Journeyman

well i'm not mianing him cuz he looks good he is my fav nintendo charater and i have a history with KI games(unlike most people that wanna main him)

puffy007

Smash Rookie
if for some ungodly and idiotic reason sonic ACTUALLY makes the ssbb roster, im maining him. i kno that sounds hypocritical, but i dont care. when (if) hes not, ima go back to hopefully doc or falcon. of whos already been confirmed, id go with kirby

RyNo 86

Smash Journeyman
My main right now is sheik and if he's not in then I'm going to change to snake. I'm going to use snake anyways though so what ever. I will also be using DK and meta knight. Pit is going to be too broken for my taste.

Kurizu208

Smash Journeyman
yeah in melee i mained roy and Kirby so for brawl i hope to main meta knight and Kirby again. cause i love Kirby long time. maybe ike too if i'm not good with meta knight

Viewtiful_Jeff

Smash Apprentice
I'm a Link/Marth kinda dude, but I'm thinkin' I'm gonna add Samus to my roster, especially with all this Zero Suit jazz. She's dreamy.

Roadie-Toe Joe

Smash Cadet
I'm gonna' try to main Wario. He's one of my most favorite of Nintendo characters and I've always admired him.

I hope he's fun in brawl.

I really like that they put him in the Wario-Ware costume, rather than his purple over-alls and yellow shirt. Not that it's a bad look, but his biker uniform looks neat.

But of course I'm a sucker for new characters so I'll also spend a lot of time playing as Pit, metaknight, and Ike too.

ybrik

Smash Rookie
I might go from kirby to pit or metaknight, if hes officialy playable.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
I might go from kirby to pit or metaknight, if hes officialy playable.
Both of them will be in, don't worry about it.

Metaknight hasn't been confirmed, but he showed up in a picture on Friday's update, so there's nothing to worry about.

Bassoonist

Smash Master
NNID
WoodwindsRock
3DS FC
1032-1351-5240
btw who is liunk
There's no reason to double post to point out somebody's spelling mistake. I mean it's obvious it's "Link".

If Pit is a good character, a lot of people will main him, BTW.

Rx-

A.K.A. Disafter
I'm begging for a broken Meta-knight so I can main him with confidence. I'd settle for another 1 frame reflectoring Fox. (hotness)

WuTangDude

Smash Ace
Why Megaman, of course.:grin:

Of course, if he's not in, I'l try out all the newcomers in attempt to get a feel for them. If I don't feel for any of them, I'll probably stick to Mario.

Plomid

Smash Ace
i planned on playing meta knight even before the game was officially announced (as maybe some of you vets may remember my little bet)
and i plan on keeping to him.

FerreTrip

Smash Cadet
If they're asterisks and kick out Mewtwo, I'll have to change. Should Lucario/Rukario manage to get his lucky tail in instead, I may main him. Otherwise, I'll see, or it'll be...uuuhhhhhhh...Well, if they don't use stock sfx again, Bowser? I CAN'T DECIDE!! But I HOPE Mewtwo's in there...

WHO?AreYou

Smash Journeyman
Currently I main a Sheik. So I'm obviously drawn to Zamus, who seems to be another character from the same mold. Pit also looks pretty cool, so I'll probably secondary him.
A lot of people are talking about metaknight to main. Man I really hope he's not OP.

TaurToph

Smash Journeyman
Hmm maybe. If Lyn/Skull Kid don't make it, and young link get axed, i'll probably choose another childish character (not ness) - if there's none i think i'll use Pit, he's so awesome.
But we don't know all chars yet, so who knows.

Just because pit looks cool, it mean i'm having fun when i play with it, and that's what i want.
If I ever cared about being good or bad i'd never choose young link.

bored

Smash Ace
If somehow Daisy is a confirmed character and she is somewhat better than peach, I'll main her fo sho..

cubican62

Smash Cadet
Unless I REEAALLY like the way they made pit ill probly stay w/ link main c falcon secondary.

NintendoWarrior

Smash Lord
I'll stay with Mario as my main, and make Pit or Luigi my 2nd most used character. Which makes me wonder, how many characters are you guys good with? Is there a good number?

Blade42

Smash Apprentice
i main yoshi and ice climbers in melee and i plan on stickin with yoshi for sure. other than him i wanna main metaknight as well but when sonic is confirmed, he takes priority over ALL!!! mwhahaha

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
In melee I main Falco,
but I REALLY want to main Metaknight and second Pit.

-Please SAKURAI, don't make them suck!

.:DRAKE:.

Smash Apprentice
I'm really looking forward to Ike, Snake and Pit and I'll probably main with whichever one ends up being the best.

I'm kinda sick of playing the melee characters over and over by now...

Mistle

Smash Apprentice
Right now I play as Doc, and I doubt he will make a return in Brawl. So I guess at the moment I would change to Mario.

Although, when the game comes out, I'm gonna try every character thoroughly, 'til I find one I like.

chiyo-chan' dad

Smash Ace
I might have to Switch my main when Brawl comes out. My main is the Ice Climbers, and I really don't think that the Ice Climbers are coming back. :( So I might have to be Pikachu.

kosmoco

Smash Apprentice
I,m planing to switch my main in brawl because i don't know if Falco will make it. Meta-Knight looks cool so it looks like he might be my main.

WFL

Smash Journeyman
If the Black Knight is in Brawl I will definitely main him. My second choice is Mr Resetti. And my third if neither of those are in will be DK.

Pisuke85

Smash Rookie
I'll certainly main Luigi, as his Green Missile is a excellent move.
But of course, I'll try them all on the first week.

SuperAce

Smash Journeyman
I think I'll stick with my big three (Pikacu, Fox and Link for backup) They had clones that were easy to pick up on last time. But I think I might actually give Ike and Samus a shot (Samus has always been a fav of mine)

shinypaper

Smash Rookie
Right now I main falco, and second Luigi, I also occasionally use Marth. Of all the confirmed characters so far, I want to give Ike a taste but he seems like he'll play more like Roy than like Marth (speculation). Other than that I'd like to try out ZSamus. Still waiting for someone new though, hopefully Wolf.

Edit: It really is impossible to tell, I guess its more who I'm most interested in TRYING first more than anything.

Top Bottom