• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

anyone notice any stage differences?

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
other than just appearance upgrades or stuff like that... i noticed tortimer's island seems to lack some features from the 3DS game, i swear trees used to be involved as additional platforms, but in ultimate, it's just a flat stage?

also, mushroomy kingdom... didn't that used to be two stages in one back in brawl?

like, you'd normally get the ground level... but sometimes you'd go into an underground level, which you could also choose manually by holding down a certain button back then, i think.

but so far, i've only seen the ground level... and the tips section doesn't mention an underground version... so was that removed in ultimate?

curious if anyone knows of any other alterations/removals stages have experienced in ultimate?

oh, and if this topic doesn't belong here, sorry... didn't know where to post a stage-related topic.

Orlando BCN

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-0933-8407-0408
Tortimer Island has different layouts that were also in the 3DS version, so it’s no big deal.

ZeroJinKui

Smash Journeyman
Tortimer Island has different layouts that were also in the 3DS version, so it’s no big deal.
i tried it a few times in training mode... FINALLY got a layout with some trees.

i guess i was just unlucky, alright, nevermind that stage... though i don't recall it changing in the 3DS game, but i suppose i didn't play that one as much as usual.

though, my point still stands on the mushroomy kingdom stage... i tried everything, and the underground version is definitely gone.

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Mario Bros. now has looping walkoffs like Balloon Fight.
The pipe above the pit in Mushroom Kingdom 64 is now enterable.
Wily Castle combines the platform "hazards" from both the 3DS and Wii U versions.
The flippers on Balloon Fight now appear and disappear randomly, and the main platform is no longer solid from the bottom side, making it literally sharkable.
Winning a microgame on WarioWare can no longer make you invincible, but it can now turn you metal.

There's probably more that I missed.

Pippin (Peregrin Took)

Formerly “ItalianBaptist”
Switch FC
SW-0542-4021-7641
Do the Saffron City Pokemon get new voices? I thought I heard something different in YouTube videos for the demo version

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
Do the Saffron City Pokemon get new voices? I thought I heard something different in YouTube videos for the demo version
Just checked. Yep, they're different now, I'm gonna miss CHARMANDER and VEEEEEENSAUR.

Other differences I missed:
Ultimate Chimera on New Pork City now insta-KOs players instead of just giving them really high knockback.
Same goes for the Bulborb on Distant Planet.

Luigifan18

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5577-0969-0868
Just checked. Yep, they're different now, I'm gonna miss CHARMANDER and VEEEEEENSAUR.

Other differences I missed:
Ultimate Chimera on New Pork City now insta-KOs players instead of just giving them really high knockback.
Same goes for the Bulborb on Distant Planet.
The Bulborb on Distant Planet didn't deal knockback, it trapped players in its mouth as it walked off the screen (past the blast line). Still an instant KO, but now it's cleaner about it. Now that I think about it, the fish on Summit did the exact same thing, grabbing players and dragging them off the screen. Does it still do that, or is it now an outright "explode on the spot" instant KO?

Last edited:

DaUsername

Smash Ace
NNID
DaUsername
Switch FC
SW-1418-0536-1998
The Bulborb on Distant Planet didn't deal knockback, it trapped players in its mouth as it walked off the screen (past the blast line). Still an instant KO, but now it's cleaner about it. Now that I think about it, the fish on Summit did the exact same thing, grabbing players and dragging them off the screen. Does it still do that, or is it now an outright "explode on the spot" instant KO?
Yeah, that's what I meant.
As for the fish on Summit, that still works as before.

Top Bottom