• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone know how this Technique was done??

Neos

Smash Cadet
I mentioned this before but this time it's being posted on a thread (as you guys can see). So thanks to the guys from VGBootCamp, one of them accidently did a technique that seemed to be very useful. It's called Aerial Cancel from the Ledge into an attack. Watch it here! So this seems like an amazing option to get back on stage from the ledge. The only problem is I'm not sure how it was done. I tried to F-air and D-air from the ledge as soon as Rosalina's feet touch the floor of the stage so many times but I continued to fail. I even attempted this zoomed in in slow motion in training mode, but I couldn't do it no matter how many times I tried. Any ideas?

iiGGYxD

Smash Apprentice
NNID
iiGGYxD
3DS FC
0447-7543-7353
To me it looks like he canceled his fair jumping up and then just did ftilt...interesting though, i'll try it out when i get home from work.

ThunderSt0rm

Smash Champion
I tried recreating this after seeing it, but had no luck so far. I was treating it as if it was a platform cancel from brawl so the inputs to do this may be different.

nightSN

Smash Ace
i am having a lot of troubles recreating this as well, but from the greninja video it seems you have to do f air at the right time

Last edited:

Peachkid

Smash Champion
NNID
Peachkid
3DS FC
0791-2008-8754
To me, I think he double jumped and somehow just ended up on the stage able to ftilt. I'll watch it some more and see if I can't spot anything in particular.

Edit: I was going to say, the detail's in the luma. But Luma's fair and ftilt animation look really similar... X.x I'm going to stop because I'm kinda really behind on a lot of smash 4 ATs :p

Edit AGAIN: Upon closer inspection, I think luma in the video is ftilting. With his fair, he headbutts, and his ftilt he does a kick motion and twirls. Now: (I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, so bear with me.) Luma is programmed from what I can tell, to always input the exact same move as Rosie at the same time. So basically, if she is in the air: he will fair. And if Rosie inputs the fair right before she hits the ground: he still will fair, and she will have no landing lag. So something is happening here where Rosie is already on the ground when she ftilts without any extra button presses... Or something along those lines.

Last edited:

Jaxas

Smash Champion
NNID
Jaxas7
To me, I think he double jumped and somehow just ended up on the stage able to ftilt. I'll watch it some more and see if I can't spot anything in particular.

Edit: I was going to say, the detail's in the luma. But Luma's fair and ftilt animation look really similar... X.x I'm going to stop because I'm kinda really behind on a lot of smash 4 ATs :p

Edit AGAIN: Upon closer inspection, I think luma in the video is ftilting. With his fair, he headbutts, and his ftilt he does a kick motion and twirls. Now: (I'm not sure if this is common knowledge, so bear with me.) Luma is programmed from what I can tell, to always input the exact same move as Rosie at the same time. So basically, if she is in the air: he will fair. And if Rosie inputs the fair right before she hits the ground: he still will fair, and she will have no landing lag. So something is happening here where Rosie is already on the ground when she ftilts without any extra button presses... Or something along those lines.
Could it be something along the lines of it being buffered like 1 frame before landing, so it's acted on the next frame (so land->Ftilt) while Luma reads the <-- + A and does an Fair since he's still in the air?

Either way, this looks really handy; I hope we can figure it out soon

Life

Smash Hero
I'm not sure if it's what's going on here exactly, but I can confirm that using a last-moment aerial will cause luma to do the aerial while Rosalina lands with just a tiny bit of lag. Try it with nair.

You can get followups from nair, fair, and uair doing this, though I haven't found any kill setups.

Seemed like the most appropriate place to post about this.

Neos

Smash Cadet
Okay so I've been trying to perform this technique in Training Mode for quite some time and I happened to do it a couple of times, except I would cancel into D-tilt as well as Down Smash instead of F-tilt like in the video I provided. So far I found out that it's possible to Aerial Cancel on the ledge by using either D-air or angling the control pad diagonal downwards towards the ledge. I really want to confirm this but I have to test it out some more.

Top Bottom