• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone ever notice this? (potential SSB sequal)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
Has anyone noticed that all of nintendo's major, non portable gaming systems starting with super nintendo 64 has had a SSB game? This was pointed out by a friend of mine. SN64 had SSB, gamecube had SSBM and wii has brawl. Get what I'm sayin'? Thats probably why we had to wait 7 years for brawl. Now, if this pattern is correct, doesn't that mean the next brawl will come out when the next major wii system comes out?

Discuss.....

Edit: statement moved to SSBB general discussion.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Has anyone noticed that all of nintendo's major, non portable gaming systems starting with super nintendo 64 has had a SSB game? This was pointed out by a friend of mine. SN64 had SSB, gamecube had SSBM and wii has brawl. Get what I'm sayin'? Thats probably why we had to wait 7 years for brawl. Now, if this pattern is correct, doesn't that mean the next brawl will come out when the next major wii system comes out?

Discuss.....
I understand what you're going for, but i disagree....
I highly doubt it was done purposefully like that....

Scott!

Smash Lord
Yes, that is probably how they do things. And yes, we'll probably have to wait for years before we hear news of another game, much less see one released. But if you want to discuss the prospects for this future game, check the SSB4 thread in the General Brawl Discussion room. It's pretty much meant for this stuff.

Unrelated, but it's the Nintendo 64 (N64), not the Super Nintendo 64 (SN64).

Sephiroths Masamune

Shocodoro Blagshidect
This isn't news and I bet every one has noticed this and your right we will have to wait forever for the next smash to come out but I'm not sure if it will be on the next system or not but most likely ya it will be for the next system.

Dracospawn

Smash Journeyman
I could tell you that but then I'f have to...ummmm
This isn't news and I bet every one has noticed this and your right we will have to wait forever for the next smash to come out but I'm not sure if it will be on the next system or not but most likely ya it will be for the next system.
Notice that I asked, and speculated, not say "hey, I found out when the next brawl is, bet ya never saw this coming."

Also, good doctor, why not? It could be to make each system seem special, and have a SSB game to represent it. Maybe some other reason....

Scott!

Smash Lord
Nothing has been said officially about future Wiis, I believe. Undoubtedly, there will be another Nintendo console at some point in the future, but as far as how far away it is or what that even entails, I don't think anyone outside of Nintendo knows for sure yet.

sammy p

Smash Lord
i AM pretty sure a wii HD was announced(sorry i dont have any proof:( i guess you guys COULD take my word for it, but thats unliekly :laugh:)
YES i have noticed this. im pretty sure a lot of people have hah
but also, wasent brawl called "the brawl to end them all" maybe im jsut being pessimistic, but i dont think we are gettin another SSB soon AT ALL, i EVER

Mic_128

Wake up...
Administrator
BRoomer
1. There has been nothing but denial about a HD Wii to the point where they've said they're still discussing whether they want to put HD in their next console.

2. They could stick with the past occurrences of one Smash game per console, or it could change and might get a second one (But concidering their current "we love casuals" I don't think we'll see one for a while)

3. Smash 4 discussion goes in the Smash 4 thread in the smash workshop.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom