• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else here pursuing a career in technology related fields?

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
I'm finishing up my last year for CIT/networking then I have an intern for next summer. After that I'll probably start with the basic A+ Cert then move on to the CCNA certs. It's kinda weird, i started out with basic programming, then moved on to Computer Hardware Tech, and now my interest is leaning towards linux/unix and Networking. I still have a lot to learn about networking, my linux/unix skill is about average atm, I have taken a Linux and networking 1. I've actually taken a lot of classes lol

Anyone else here doing similar to this?

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm still in high school, but I plan on being an IT. I switched to Linux to learn some things.

Crimson King

I am become death
BRoomer
I do automation programming for the local government. I graduated in English, btw.

By-Tor

Smash Cadet
I think I'll probably go to college for computers. I tried learning C++ with a couple of books from the library, but I didn't click. HTML is easy, though.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
I started my XHTML, CSS and JavaScript class yesterday. After that, I take on the C++ class offered here and I'll try to learn Python on my spare time.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
I do automation programming for the local government. I graduated in English, btw.
Wow thats beast CK >_<

Python is actually fairly simple, imho.
I taught python (even though I was utterly and completely unqualified to do so) and yea it tries to be more user friendly imo, I still would rather do Java though.

Anyway, I used to be a computer engineer and switched to Electrical engineering and took a few class in programming, though it was pretty basic stuff.

I also took a class that sorta introduces you into telecommunications and my professor said something about how its related to wireless networking.

TheBuzzSaw

Young Link Extraordinaire
BRoomer
Computer Science FTW

IT is for sissies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Computer Science FTW

IT is for sissies.
Well, I want a career with room for lots of advancement. IT seems like it is a good way to go, plus CS is so closely related that y'know, you could honestly do both.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
Well, I want a career with room for lots of advancement. IT seems like it is a good way to go, plus CS is so closely related that y'know, you could honestly do both.
What exactly do you want to do with your degree?

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I really don't know yet, hah.
Do you know generally what you want to do? I chose CS because I specifically love programming. I like low-level coding and real-time software. The way I see it, CS has stronger branching opportunities than IT does. I would go into IT if I were going to manage a server fleet later.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Programming is something I do well for my age, considering I'm fluent in about 5 languages. CS may be the way to go for me then.

TheBuzzSaw

BRoomer
I start applying for jobs soon. I graduate in December.

OFY

Sonic main since 08'
Oh snap this thread got some activity.

Anyways this semester I'm taking Database Management Systems and Networking 2. Networking Cisco routers is so ****, love that stuff cheaaaaaa

OH! i get an internship with the school next semester, they usually hire all the graduates. Can't wait for that, its an entry level job, but still its a good start :)

Top Bottom