• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else gone Back to Brawl since 3DS Release?

DoodleDuck97

Smash Hero
Living in a peacefull place on nowhere islands.
Are those your mains? It must be tough, bro.
They are indeed next to these 5 who I have been forced to pick up :4ness::4tlink::4rob::4pacman::4shulk: (mind you I love them) but you have no idea how badly I miss my triforce of mains God Ness's victory thee being the one made for Lucas breaks me inside. No ice climbers fighter and/or stage whatsoever and need I bring up the Star Wolf theme getting a Remix. I really hope they are locked till Wii U release :')

SevenYearItch

Smash Journeyman
3DS FC
3969-6079-3846
I tried Brawl today after seeing more people saying "lolBrawl2.0". Figured I'd still be able to run through All Star Mode on Hard with little to no issue, and no. After playing this Smash, Brawl moves slower than a slug

Tino

Smash Hero
NNID
FaustinoRojo10
3DS FC
5284-1678-8857
Switch FC
SW-6232-2426-8037
Are you kidding? Smash Bros. 3DS is just too awesome for me to go back to playing Brawl. I mean if I wanted to, I would...only just to play as :snake:and :wolf: but right now, I'm just way too attached to Smash 3DS and I can't stop now.

daguyontheladder

Smash Cadet
NNID
daguyontheladder
3DS FC
5284-2773-0878
outside project M, I like to mod brawl to give me and my friends a good laugh. stuff like changing all of the character portraits and replacing them with ones I drew with mouse. while I love playing 1v1 matches on my 3ds, I would always play brawl for my

LoveGame

Master of the Disco Stick
NNID
HanabiKawai
3DS FC
5129-1774-2334
Actually, I have a little bit. Played more PM than Brawl just out of preference, but I was recently added to a more Brawl-focused Smash group based in Texas, so it gave me an excuse to play vanilla Brawl a bit more.

Even with the acid tripping, Brawl's roster feels infinitely better than Sm4sh's.

mangamusicfan

Dark lord
NNID
mangamusicfan
3DS FC
1891-2073-5876
Nope I really love Ssb4.
I canceld 3 other pre orders Because i know i will keep this playing for months.

Storm Eagle

Smash Lord
NNID
Storm88
My last session with Brawl was playing as Wolf, ICs, Lucas, Snake, Ivysaur and Squirtle two weeks before the game came out. Haven't touched it since and don't plant to either. (I have a 100% save) I can't play it on my Wii U anyway because no Gamecube controller support.

Dairantō Smash Brothers

Smash Historian
NNID
UltraMariio
3DS FC
2638-0093-3000
If I ever wanted to play Adventure Mode, sure. Maybe not for the Classic Mode, but yeah. If I wanted to do some fighting and Classic Modes tho, I'll play Project M. Since Project M just crashes after the level called the Lake, I can't play the SSE through it.

Dbash

Smash Cadet
I only played Brawl once after the 3DS copy came out, just because we were having a tournament with my friends who didn't have Sm4sh.

Zzuxon

Smash Champion
NNID
zzuxon
3DS FC
3695-0453-0481
Well, I suppose you go through brawl to get to Project M...

JOE!

Smash Hero
Least you didnt say Melee lol.
People who are steadfast on Melee just love abusing mechanics. I admit i miss the speed but the game had way way too many buggy mechanics that were abusable (wavedashing...) and made it annoying.

However Brawl had one mechanic that made me dislike it. Tripping. Never ever ever going back purely because of TRIPPING
.....people like this still exist?

JarBear

It's not Tuesday John
No to brawl, but I would play some Project m from time to time for get togethers and whatnot. More of a "casual" player anyway.

Starman15

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RobotTurtle5000
3DS FC
3136-7638-2428
Switch FC
SW-2901-3121-3539
I haven't played it since the 3DS version, as much as I like Brawl, I only see myself going back for :popo: and :lucas:. I miss those guys :(

3DSplayer

Smash Cadet
NNID
ArcanineTrainer
Nope, I haven't played it since Smash 4 came out, but I will probably play Brawl soon. I loved played as Wolf, Ice Climbers (although I'm not mad at them being cut for 3DS's hardware limitations) and Pokemon Trainer. Honestly, Charizard was the pokemon I played the least of out of the three, but I still enjoy Smash 4's Charizard.
Stage Builder, Target Smash, and coin launcher are other reasons I'll probably keep playing Brawl sometimes (unless I happen to get a WiiU)

elitex12

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Elite X
3DS FC
5429-8241-5452
I only go back to Brawl when my friends are around. They don't have Smash 3DS yet... poor fools.

L9999

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3780-9480-2428
I only went back once to Brawl, when my cousins arrived, they wanted to play on consoles and sadly, I didn't have Project M available due to some file stuff, and we played Brawl. That game is dead for me. I couldn't really feel anything with that game. Too slow, tripping, every character except MK is garbage, I didn't cracked a smile that hour. I felt...souless. But I think I'm pushing a lot of drama here....

Last edited:

no1butmenotu

Smash Cadet
So guys just curious has anyone else gone back to Brawl since release of the 3DS version I don't now why but I find myself going back quite often either for events or just playing as my mains:popo::lucas::wolf: (hoping for their valiant return in Wii U) Maybe it's also the controls I don't really know but I can't be the only one.. Right ?
I almost forgot that Brawl was even a thing at this point.

leonardo

Smash Rookie
NNID
Monster-Heel
3DS FC
1934-0745-2946
Since Brawl is the best smash to date, of course i still go back to it

aethermaster

Smash Ace
NNID
Aethermaster
3DS FC
2552-2699-1664
I haven't gone back to Brawl but I tried Project M and it felt like my characters were tied to bricks. I imagine Brawl might be a little better since 4 uses somewhat similar physics but tripping.

Squadaloo

Smash Apprentice
NNID
RodRodney
I went back today, and boy is it slow. I kept getting beaten because I was so used to being able to move fast between moves. I also remembered how much I hate most of the stages. Granted, Smash 3DS's stages aren't the greatest, but I still like them more.

Also, the roster feels small compared to the new game. I do miss Wolf and Lucas, though.

FloatingMew

Smash Journeyman
NNID
FloatingMew
I thought about playing Project M a few times but never brawl. Even if I did go play projectM I would be terrible at it due to differences between it and the 3ds version.

Scoliosis Jones

Kept you waiting, huh?
Writing Team
NNID
ScoliosisxJones
3DS FC
1762-3194-1826
If they would just bring the vets back as DLC, (Wolf, Snake, Lucas, Icies...) I would have no reason to go back once Wii U is out.

Here's hoping.

Alus

Smash Champion
NNID
Starsauce
3DS FC
5327-1023-2754
Don't miss brawl as much as some of the people that were around when brawl was out.

haydyn

Smash Cadet
i came back to play as the cut characters because not all of them should have been scrapped and two mains were lost :/

gustypoint

Smash Rookie
NNID
gustypoint
Nope, mostly because I have not been playing my wii u let alone my wii lately, i spend alot of time on my college campus and whenever i have free time i either study or play my 3ds

Minato Arisato

Smash Ace
NNID
ShinyBachuru
3DS FC
1392-5292-2267
How am I supposed to play when I lost my tv? But even if I did have it up and running, I probably wouldn't. I don't know about the rest of you, but I wasn't a fan of that 'gritty' look Brawl had. And the tripping. Don't forget about the tripping.

Iko MattOrr

Smash Champion
NNID
Iko_MattOrr
I stopped playing Brawl after a couple of months from its release. The time enough to finish it and play some free for all with my friends. Then I figured out that I was not having fun with that game, and returned to Melee.
Today, I still play both, Smash 3DS in single player, and Melee with friends.
When Smash 4 will be out on WiiU, I'm planning to play both, Melee and Smash Bros 4 with friends... the 2 games are different enough and yet fun to deserve being played both, alternate for the sake of variety.

Brawl does not exist to me, I was so disappointed by that game.

KRBAY

Smash Journeyman
NNID
SSBBSonic
3DS FC
0774-4477-0228
I actually did, and I have come to a conclusion about Brawl post-2012.

It's weird.

TheBlossomingLily

Stitchface King
NNID
BlossomingLily
3DS FC
1736-0702-8981
I tried.
Emphasis on "tried". It was slightly entertaining if only because of access to texture hacks, but that just made it look nice. I'll never forget the good times I had with it though when it comes to playing casual Free For Alls with Skype friends.

Top Bottom