• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else going to...

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
...play an online match as soon as they can?

I'm going to throw down in two or three "with anyone" matches as soon as I can, which, if everything goes as planned, will be about 12:15-12:20 AM.

I'm doing this very specifically to see if I encounter anyone using one of the hard to unlock characters, or the last one if they're all easy. I'll be setting (if you can) to region-specific, so I won't likely get paired with some Japanese guy.

I'm betting that I will indeed. People get the game early. It's going to happen. And I'm sure at least one of those people are going to unlock everyone for the sole purpose of using the last unlockable online at midnight and piss off all of the game's new adopters.

Patinator

Smash Champion
I would, if it wasn't for the facts that:

1, I don't have a Wi-Fi adapter. This is possible.

2, I don't have high-speed Internetz.

(Um, that's needed, right?)

MetalLuigi1209

Smash Ace
I will definatly go online the first day I get it, but it won't be the first thing I do. First, I will go to training mode, and train with Yoshi and Luigi, then, depending on how long SSE is, I might do either that, or go straight into online. If SSE is fairly quick, I will play online, but if it takes hours, like some people say, then I will go online first, and play a few matches.

Does anyone know if we will be getting friend codes in brawl, or will we excange wii numbers to make friends?

NoNessNoProblem

Smash Ace
We'll Lucas is a unlockable so i gota do that..i'm getting a 2v2 with my friend online and yea i want to play alot of japanese players who knows we might get rooms from what i'm hearing

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
I will definatly go online the first day I get it, but it won't be the first thing I do. First, I will go to training mode, and train with Yoshi and Luigi, then, depending on how long SSE is, I might do either that, or go straight into online. If SSE is fairly quick, I will play online, but if it takes hours, like some people say, then I will go online first, and play a few matches.

Does anyone know if we will be getting friend codes in brawl, or will we excange wii numbers to make friends?
It's a separate friend code.

But what I would like to know is if there's a system in place to add people you fight online. That would be neat.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
We'll Lucas is a unlockable so i gota do that..i'm getting a 2v2 with my friend online and yea i want to play alot of japanese players who knows we might get rooms from what i'm hearing
Bad grammar aside, I'd suggest you don't make assumptions like that. They make an *** out of U and ME. Hurr hurr hurr.

SU_Remo

Remo Knows
I'm sure we'll get friend codes, just like every other Nintendo Wi-fi game.

And I agree, I'll get online soon, but not immediately. I plan on playing Classic a few times with my favorite characters, then I might hit up online.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
I'll be playing solo for a good long time before I go online...

Why?... Well... Not only do I need the practice, but I'll be moving at the end of this month so I don't really have much choice in the matter... ;_;

Where I am now some rich guy set everyone up with free online thanks to a powerful wi-fi network throughout our complex...

In order for me to get back online at where I'm moving to I'll most likely first have to save up for a WORKING computer in order to re-configure my Wii's internet setings to its new signal... >_<

Oh Gibdo

Smash Journeyman
First, play matches and possibly co-op SSE with friends.
Then, play through SSE alone.
After that, anything else, mainly online and unlocking characters.

Hallowed Storm

Smash Journeyman
I'm going to try to beat Subspace Emissary, and then try to get used to using Ike. After that, I'll hook my Wii up to the internet as soon as possible. I have to move it from one room in my house to another, though, and it will get annoying... I wonder if I could fix this in any way...?

Octillus

Smash Ace
NNID
Octillus
3DS FC
0963-0987-3528
My brother is coming from across the bay and we're getting pizza and a 12 pack and co-oping the subspace emissary. Then we'll go online, and get our ***** kicked because we will have been playing for 10 hours or so, and potentially inebriated if that 12 pack clones to a 24.

Shiny Pidgey

Smash Cadet
I'm going to try to beat Subspace Emissary, and then try to get used to using Ike. After that, I'll hook my Wii up to the internet as soon as possible. I have to move it from one room in my house to another, though, and it will get annoying... I wonder if I could fix this in any way...?
... use wifi instead of cables?

Or, if you already are, then buy a stronger router. If you are using wifi and can't get signal in any given portion of your house, you either should invest in a better router anyway, or you have a really big house.

I recommend a linksys or cisco router.

Level 9

Smash Apprentice
... use wifi instead of cables?

Or, if you already are, then buy a stronger router. If you are using wifi and can't get signal in any given portion of your house, you either should invest in a better router anyway, or you have a really big house.

I recommend a linksys or cisco router.
The're good, but as you where pointing out for the most part ALL THINGS WIFI are second rate compared to a nice clean LAN connection...

I so can't wait to use my Wii LAN Adaptor again... Nothing else even came close to it... ;_;

Ekaru

Smash Apprentice
I'll check the online out, and see if anyone ARed the hell out of the game and are using the last unlockable one's SUPPOSED to get.

Then I'll play it some, and have MS open at the same time so I can 'inform' my Wii-less buddies (I don't have XFire or MSN/AIM, I gotta fix that...) of Brawl's awesomeness. I'm confident it'll be awesome, just looking at our current updates and the features it'll have.

Oh, and set up a Bowser FFA with people from here, and see who has 1337 bowser skills... after drinking lots of soda (beer if you're of drinking age), that is! MWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! (If you actually are bored enough to do such a crazy thing, then PM me. XD)

Top Bottom