• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else glad about the delay?

Sir James

The Doctor
The only good news I see coming out of this is me not failing my final exams in December. But I was totally ready to cram Brawl into my study schedule -_-

Zombieoficer

Smash Journeyman
glad about the delays? wha... buh... but waht about the umm... err... uhh...

and u call urself a smash fan o.0!
QFT.

I have no idea how someone would actually be glad about a delay. If you don't have a Wii yet... I won't go into that, I'm sorry, but that's your problem. If the developers announced a Dec. 3rd release, then push it back 2 more months (in addition to it supposing to be one of the Wii's release titles) then people will get mad. Very mad. That includes me.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
QFT.

I have no idea how someone would actually be glad about a delay. If you don't have a Wii yet... I won't go into that, I'm sorry, but that's your problem. If the developers announced a Dec. 3rd release, then push it back 2 more months (in addition to it supposing to be one of the Wii's release titles) then people will get mad. Very mad. That includes me.
You act like me being glad about it is affecting your ability to get the game. You sound like some disgruntled 40 year old.

Yeah, if you're seriously mad 'GAME RELEASE' being delayed you really need a girl or something man.

Also, anyone who uses QFT or FTW is ****ing ******** and that includes you.

Metalknux

Smash Ace
I wasn't really glad about this when I first heard it, but I'm glad the game will become fully complete with more content. Besides, with all of these new videos, I finally get to see how the game will work so I can wait. BTW, has anyone else emailed Nintendo for a demo? If they put it on the Shop Channel or gave it away with Super Mario Galaxy, I could easily wait until February.

Shiny Ivysaur

Smash Journeyman
I wasn't really glad about this when I first heard it, but I'm glad the game will become fully complete with more content. Besides, with all of these new videos, I finally get to see how the game will work so I can wait. BTW, has anyone else emailed Nintendo for a demo? If they put it on the Shop Channel or gave it away with Super Mario Galaxy, I could easily wait until February.
This man is a genius. Listen to him.

volbound1700

Smash Master
What if it was only delayed until December 4th, 2007?

>_>
Would be great for me as long as it was before Christmas... not getting Christmas break is what hurts me. Will be too busy to play it in February and won't have people around to play with me.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I'm glad.

If they feel it needs more, so be it. The only thing bad about this situation is that we have to wait. The end result will be better than expected.

FlatSoda

Smash Champion
i am glad because this gives them more time to implement the things they want in the game. so hopefully nothing's dropped.

i see it as a good idea.

Darc

Smash Rookie
the delay was the biggest ball buster i heard in a while...so no i'm not glad.

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Well it's not like I jumped for joy or threw a party in celebration when I found out it'd be delayed but I also understand why it will be, and I'm glad they're trying so hard to make it a game that'll last us as long as possible.

"I couldn't afford it right away" is kind of a silly reason to be happy about it though. You could have waited until February to buy it anyways you know. Hell, I didn't buy Melee until about a year after it was out.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Well it's not like I jumped for joy or threw a party in celebration when I found out it'd be delayed but I also understand why it will be, and I'm glad they're trying so hard to make it a game that'll last us as long as possible.

"I couldn't afford it right away" is kind of a silly reason to be happy about it though. You could have waited until February to buy it anyways you know. Hell, I didn't buy Melee until about a year after it was out.
Ugh, I love how you use horrible logic and then try to back it up with a horrible personal example.

I'd like to get the game around the same time my friends do. Who are you to tell me what I should be happy or upset about?? I have a good reason and plus it's my opinion and it's about me so like I don't understand what you are trying to do. Plus if it comes out December 3rd I have Finals around then.

If it gets delayed

1. We get a much more polished, less bug filled game
2. More people have a chance to get a Wii which are in very low supply

And for me I am excited because it gives me more time to focus on my Finals and actually get the money for a Wii and the game. I love how everyone acts like me being happy about the delay is getting it delayed. Maybe if you guys whine some more they will undelay it.

Like what about this can you not understand?

Rohins

Smash Lord
NNID
Rohins
Dude don't lie; you made the game delayed. You called Sakurai and demanded it for personal reasons. Shame on you.

On a serious note, yeah I didn't like the delay but whatever. Two months is nothing and in all honesty is not all that surprising. Software development is difficult and planning release dates isn't a science. It's more of a marketing decision.

I'm a little unsure what you meant by your Wii point though. Are you saying that having more time will increase the luck of finding one? Because with future game releases like Mario Galaxy and Brawl would suggest the best time to get your Wii would be sooner rather than later (since the demand for the system will rise).

Also I don't know why people are getting anal over Angel's post. He just stated how he's happy about the delay and some positive things to think about rather than just seeing it as "oh no, a delay". He didn't say "Haha, now you have to wait while I benefit!" so chill.

Digital Angel

Smash Journeyman
Dude don't lie; you made the game delayed. You called Sakurai and demanded it for personal reasons. Shame on you.

On a serious note, yeah I didn't like the delay but whatever. Two months is nothing and in all honesty is not all that surprising. Software development is difficult and planning release dates isn't a science. It's more of a marketing decision.

I'm a little unsure what you meant by your Wii point though. Are you saying that having more time will increase the luck of finding one? Because with future game releases like Mario Galaxy and Brawl would suggest the best time to get your Wii would be sooner rather than later (since the demand for the system will rise).

Also I don't know why people are getting anal over Angel's post. He just stated how he's happy about the delay and some positive things to think about rather than just seeing it as "oh no, a delay". He didn't say "Haha, now you have to wait while I benefit!" so chill.
Well, apparently there are going to be twice as many Wiis availible this Christmas than last Christmas and yeah I'm trying to get one Asap.

Smash Ace
I was pissed at the delay, but only because of the wait. I didn't like shoot a loved one or anything.
Nonetheless, I hope that somethign they're implementing is a SSBM character or wo that they had originally planned to drop (ie: Doc, Roy)

WarMachine

Smash Apprentice
Ugh, I love how you use horrible logic and then try to back it up with a horrible personal example.

I'd like to get the game around the same time my friends do. Who are you to tell me what I should be happy or upset about?? I have a good reason and plus it's my opinion and it's about me so like I don't understand what you are trying to do. Plus if it comes out December 3rd I have Finals around then.

If it gets delayed

1. We get a much more polished, less bug filled game
2. More people have a chance to get a Wii which are in very low supply

And for me I am excited because it gives me more time to focus on my Finals and actually get the money for a Wii and the game. I love how everyone acts like me being happy about the delay is getting it delayed. Maybe if you guys whine some more they will undelay it.

Like what about this can you not understand?

Tell me again where I said I was upset about it being delayed? I'm legitimately curious. If anything, I'm pretty sure I said I understood and was glad they were putting in the extra effort.

I also don't recall saying you can't be happy about the delay. I never said there aren't good points to the delay, but I'll still stick to my guns on the fact that you could have bought the game in February regardless of what time it came out. Jealousy is not a good excuse. :p

No need to get so god **** defensive about nothing dude.

Kabyk-Greenmyst

Smash Lord
I am angry, but at least I'm back to a place where we're all used to: Looking at Brawl as some far-off unreachable object, eternally just out of reach, kinda like the moon. It obviously felt too weird having Brawl launch so soon, so it needed to be pushed back so our state of minds aren't altered too drastically.

0rion

Smash Journeyman
No it's awful, it's coming out at the beginning of a school term, even if I get it I won't be able to play it much, if at all. Of course, I could be a dumb*** and skip school just so I can play it which would most likely result in dropping grades in the most crucial year in school which can't be a good thing for my future.

In short, it screwed up everything.

I planned to lock myself away during Christmas so I could play it.
Don't worry, **** Cheney is working on making February 10, 11, and 12th 2008 a holiday from now on so you won't have to go to school just for us and Brawl.

Silfa

Smash Ace
I'm slightly glad, because it gives me a bit longer to get a Wii. I've waited for delayed games before and I know that it can only get better from it. Nintendo did this delay very smoothly, giving us a hugely anticipated character along with bucketloads of gameplay videos. Props to Nintendo for that.

ssbmaster2007

Smash Journeyman
I thought I would be more upset about hearing of yet another delay of the most anticipated game in my life by far, but I'm almost happy about it, more development time will make Super Smash Bros. Brawl even more amazing.

It is not a big delay either, which is very fortunate. The first delay was by over a year, this one is only 2 months and a week, this is not that bad at all, and it gives them that "little bit" more time they need to smooth out rough parts and work out any bugs so it can play as smooth as possible (even though it is already incredibly smooth gameplay from what I can see from the not quite finished version).

This gives more time to prepare for it. This game is going to be so awesome...the gameplay videos look excellent, I can hardly wait for October 18th when E For All starts in LA, there is going to be Brawls for everyone, now that is entertainment for all!

Overall, I'm glad that it's going to get a couple months more development time.

Frogla

Smash Ace
Interest Level Up
Anger Level Up
Blood Pressure Up
Anticipation Up
Happiness LEVEL down

errtu

Smash Apprentice
delay: awful . but then again as sakurai says we'll be playing this **** vaporware title for a long time so it better be polished and **** perfect

Venus of the Desert Bloom

Cosmic God
Super Moderator
Premium
BRoomer
Writing Team
NNID
VenusBloom
3DS FC
0318-9184-0547
I am not extremely happy with the delay but if it makes the game better, more content, and fine-tuned - they by all means delay it.

My only concern is with a longer delay, we will have more updates and more of th egame revealed. I would like some aspects of th egame remained secret until I actually get the game. I still plan on taking the day off from work, going to work at open, buying th egame, and playing it the entire day. As well, DEC 3rd was a monday and I am at school the entire day which means buy th egame before classes and be tormented throughout the day as I would have to wait till I got home to pop it in. If I am not mistaken, Feb 10th is a Sunday. I just take a day of work and get my friends over for a huge smash fest haha.

lex.aut

Smash Apprentice
and the europeans are ****ed up again... i actually got my hopes up to get the game in summer 2008, but if even the americans get it on 10th february (like the news on the official site states) i'm afraid europeans won't get to play it till 2009 or late, late 2008.

btw. so much for "GET READY TO BRAWL 2007!"

but well, the bright side is that it's more likely that the game will be completly awesome.

Akiak

Smash Ace
Well i am very sad because of the delay when I read about it. Then I read the part that they were going to make it a better game in this extra time and I cheered up right away.
If they would add one character thats in my signature in the game then I could wait up to a month more if i had to.
I mean The more the better! right?

Edit: Nevermind sonic thats in my sig

Gamingboy

Smash Lord
I am actually quite glad:

1. More money and time for Mario Galaxy, LoZ: Phantom Hourglass (which I still haven't gotten), the new Power Pro Baseball game I hear is great and a few PC titles
2. More money and time to upgrade my hardware on my PC to play said PC titles.
3. As Miyamato-San (angels sing at the sound of Miyamato's name) said: "A delayed game is eventually good, a bad game is bad forever." Adapted to Smash, this can mean "A Delayed Smash is eventually the greatest thing ever, a bad smash is only awesome forever."

Akiak

Smash Ace
Sorry for the double post but I am a european and I am gonna buy the american version on internet!
(I have the Wiikey for non-european games on my wii)

Wave⁂

Smash Legend
I'd agree with Digital, although "glad" is stretching it a bit.

Top Bottom