• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone else do this?

The 2t

Smash Apprentice
So I was playing Mario Galaxy 2 a while back and whenever Mario got knocked back by something, I caught myself instinctively trying to tech right before I hit the ground by hitting Z on the nunchuck (closest thing to L).

I was disappointed when Mario didn't spring up instantly ;(

knoxvader

Smash Cadet
i've done that in other fighting games, but i don't really play anything similar enough to melee for that to happen very often.

rjgbadger

Banned via Warnings
i've tried to tech in

DK64
banjo kazooie
super mario sunshine

and ive tried to L cancel in

castle crashers
banjo kazooie
conker's bad fur day
various mario party 3 mini games

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
when I got back into speedrunning genesis-era Sonic games after having played melee competitively for a while, I once caught myself attempting to dashdance. sonic just kinda walked left and right really slowly and awkwardly.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
If you guys play Castlevania SotN, you can pretty much do every AT from melee except:

Auto Lcancel
Wavedash only goes backwards (and its a single button press, no jump needed)
no teching (but only noobs get hit)

ZIngaZ

Smash Cadet
I thought i was the only one that did this! Basically any nintendo game I go back and play when I get hit and fall I try to tech

pokemongeof

Smash Lord
I thought i was the only one that did this! Basically any nintendo game I go back and play when I get hit and fall I try to tech
When I played PSA, I tried Dash Dancing, and it somewhat worked!

Also, when i played OOT 3D, i found myself trying to some melee like manuvering!

PhantasyStar

Smash Apprentice
NNID
Dyebre
3DS FC
1521-4107-6959
I dashdance in nearly every game I play when i'm either waiting for a part in the game or just doing it because i have a joystick in my hand...I also try and tech when I play Super Mario Galaxy 2 and short hop when I play Megaman Legends.

s l e e p y

Smash Rookie
I wanted to wavedash in Baten Kaitos all the time.

!! i'm so happy to read that there's another dual BK-SSBM fan somewhere in the world.

and as has been said, i'll also "dash dance" idly in any game that "allows" it, including baten kaitos.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
I try to do pretty much every Melee tech in general when I play Nintendo games
If you guys play Castlevania SotN, you can pretty much do every AT from melee except:

Auto Lcancel
Wavedash only goes backwards (and its a single button press, no jump needed)
no teching (but only noobs get hit)
It's obvious why but every Kirby Returns to Dreamland character (except for Kirby) feels so Smash-like it's ridiculous.

Acryte

Smash Ace
After going hard in melee I realized that Dash Dance is really useful in Tales Of Symphonia.

RockinRudy

Smash Journeyman
i've tried to tech in

DK64
banjo kazooie
super mario sunshine

and ive tried to L cancel in

castle crashers
banjo kazooie
conker's bad fur day
various mario party 3 mini games

Super Mario Sunshine is Technical on its own.
Ever seen a TAS of that?

Jim Morrison

Smash Authority
Anyone else do this:

Watch high level play and pick up their controller and sort of play with one of the players in front of your computer?

Or am I just autistic

Top Bottom