• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Anyone dissapointed at bombsoldier's performence?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Loseyourself630

Smash Rookie
I was just wondering since being a bombsoldier fan boy myself, was anyone else dissapointed in bombsoldiers performance at 0c3?. Also i was wondering anyone expect his quality of play? Anywho, Bombsoldier is still legendary from years ago, hes contributed a lot to how most falco players play today. Give your 2 cents plz :p

ps. Im xanied out of my mind so this post may make no sense.

Edit: Anyone know if BS busted out his G&W in any matches?

NeighborhoodP

Smash Hero
Only fanboys such as yourself thought he was anything close to the best here. US gameplay has advanced too much and everyone has gotten way too good for one to expect BS to seriously challenge PC Chris, Forward, Shiz as best Falcos. Really, when you consider Ken isn't even top 3 in the US anymore, it was silly to expect BS to ****.

-EE-

Smash Cadet
Honestly what is w/ all the bombsoldier c0ck riding, the kid did better then any/all of you fanboys could at that kinda torny so being dissapointed in his performance is dumb, he wasnt going to win or even get top 5 if you thought about it based on who all went, you are a fool if you thought different =/

Miharu

Smash Hero
I was just wondering since being a bombsoldier fan boy myself, was anyone else dissapointed in bombsoldiers performance at 0c3?. Also i was wondering anyone expect his quality of play? Anywho, Bombsoldier is still legendary from years ago, hes contributed a lot to how most falco players play today. Give your 2 cents plz :p

No. This was expected.

Lixivium

Smash Champion

Yeah, his Dad just had a heart attack (according to ThomasSexy), he arrived at OC3 jet lagged, and he "only" managed to place 2nd in teams and 17th in singles among 200+ foreigners hungry for his blood. I don't know how he's going to be able to sleep at night.

Enough with the BS bashing; it's not his fault Manacloud hyped him so much that it turned a lot of smashers against him.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
His father had a heart attack? ****. Yea, he must have been in some serious jet lag. Japan is what, 16 hours ahead of Socal?

I'd say 17 is pretty **** good under those conditions I'd say.

Good for him.

D. Disciple

Smash Master
Weird it was only 10 hours for me when I went there from Socal, but regardless. Not much expected from BS performance wise. I wasn't there so I didn't get to see how well he did but ah well.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
I dont think his performance disappointed me. It was thx to Bombsoldier in the first place that I played Falco.

Mad respect to him and I hope he does well in the future. For all u fanboys disappointed well just stay quiet and dont bring up these kind of topics.

Show some respect to Bombsoldier and be happy to see a legend come to the US.

Dread101

Smash Journeyman
I dont think his performance disappointed me. It was thx to Bombsoldier in the first place that I played Falco.

Mad respect to him and I hope he does well in the future. For all u fanboys disappointed well just stay quiet and dont bring up these kind of topics.

Show some respect to Bombsoldier and be happy to see a legend come to the US.
Good **** falcomist standup for wats right!:chuckle:

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
so was i, i mean BS is good, but from Forward and DaShizWiz, PC Chris, Dope, and other falco players, BS just isnt up to par with new tricks any more either, i mean he plays only 3 stages, so maybe tricks just wont change to much for them.
BS pretty much played the same, did the same moves, so he was predictible, did moves that other Falco players pretty much do average now a days, BS is just average in comparison to the states now.
i saw how Forward just knocked him silly around the stage like he didnt know what hit him, i never had anything against BS, i was cheering on Forward and BombSoldier both also. when BS lost to Forward. everyone was cheering for BS and clapping for awhile too.
in the OC3 thread, drephen was kinda bashing on BS in a way, but im sure he didnt have anything against him too, he was just expressing himself probably. but drephen pretty much just said that hes had harder times fighting other falco players that are better then him in comparison.

so that was my 2cents

Lixivium

Smash Champion
Nobody who knows anything about the Smash scene expected Bombsoldier to **** everybody, but he still should have been a wonderful story. Instead, Ken and Mana managed to turn almost the entire Smash community against him. They did a nice thing bringing him here, but then they tried too hard to recoup their losses, and the overhyping and the $20 price made a lot of people resentful. It ensured that Bombsoldier would be piled on for anything less than winning it all. You try playing under those circumstances.

At least now we know for sure what he's made of. He's a talented young player who loves the game, had a meteoric rise, and became a phenom without even (like PC) owning a Gamecube. He can compete with, if not beat, some of the best players in the game. Too bad people will ignore all that and think he's some kind of a colossal failure for not doing the impossible.

180OP

Smash Journeyman
Nobody who knows anything about the Smash scene expected Bombsoldier to **** everybody, but he still should have been a wonderful story. Instead, Ken and Mana managed to turn almost the entire Smash community against him. They did a nice thing bringing him here, but they tried too hard to recoup their losses, and the overhyping and the $20 price made a lot of people resentful. It ensured that Bombsoldier would be piled on for anything less than winning it all. You try playing under those circumstances.

At least now we know for sure. He's a talented young player who loves the game, had a meteoric rise, and became a phenom without even (like PC) owning a Gamecube. Too bad some people will ignore all that and think he's a failure for not doing the impossible.
QFT. I still think jet lag has a lot to do with his performance. If I don't get 9 hours of sleep im drunk at college, dont know what's going on.

He did well. Smashers of the Americas have been playing against each other so many times + the access to Smash boards and biweeklies not to mention, some people have access to Action Replay and a Gamecube and other tools.

This is his 2nd tourney? Also his dad had a heartattack so, that could mess ya up too.

These are not excuses just legit reasons. No one expected him to fully ****.

I just hope he had fun and a good time. People lined up to get his autograph. Wow.

darE::to::Dream

Smash Journeyman
so was i, i mean BS is good, but from Forward and DaShizWiz, PC Chris, Dope, and other falco players, BS just isnt up to par with new tricks any more either, i mean he plays only 3 stages, so maybe tricks just wont change to much for them.
BS pretty much played the same, did the same moves, so he was predictible, did moves that other Falco players pretty much do average now a days, BS is just average in comparison to the states now.
i saw how Forward just knocked him silly around the stage like he didnt know what hit him, i never had anything against BS, i was cheering on Forward and BombSoldier both also. when BS lost to Forward. everyone was cheering for BS and clapping for awhile too.
in the OC3 thread, drephen was kinda bashing on BS in a way, but im sure he didnt have anything against him too, he was just expressing himself probably. but drephen pretty much just said that hes had harder times fighting other falco players that are better then him in comparison.

so that was my 2cents
Bombsoldier sure is average, yeah. So average that he placed 17th in a tournament with quite a bit of competition, and second in doubles. Tell me, are you an average Falco player who regularly places 17th in major tournaments too?

Drephen was just venting about how Manacloud overhyped and overpriced Bombsoldier way too much for his own good.

FALCOMIST

Smash Ace
the fact that fanboys or random ppl who make topics like these are annoying.

But why be disappointed?

Did u play him? did u get a chance to? do u know how inspiring it is when u play BS?

U dont right?

so plz keep everything to urself for that matter and for all u fan ppl. I want to see u rank the same as BS at this tourney. He had some had match ups. It was expected in some cases he wouldnt be up to par but remember. He doesnt play much or at all from what I hear from manacloud.

D4rk_Sh3ik

Smash Ace
yeah, well, im comparing him to AZ falcos, i dont play falco myself. ive played against many falco players and Forward himself, have you ever been to AZ?
**** everyone pretty much plays Falcos here only, getting 17th wasnt that great. he beat Bone a peach player, then went up against Drephen lost to him, then he barely barely beat Bob$, then lost to Forward. id say hes average in a sense.
but comparing him to PC chris and Forward and DaShizWiz, yeah BS just wont be close to par with them for now. but im just expressing myself here, its how i think, but w/e it could have been many things why hes playing like he was. but from judgin from his videos and when i saw him play in person, he did same stuff, only thing he did wrong was miss L-cancle moves, and he couldnt edge guard some people coming back to the stage

Miharu

Smash Hero
the fact that fanboys or random ppl who make topics like these are annoying.

But why be disappointed?

Did u play him? did u get a chance to? do u know how inspiring it is when u play BS?

U dont right?

so plz keep everything to urself for that matter and for all u fan ppl. I want to see u rank the same as BS at this tourney. He had some had match ups. It was expected in some cases he wouldnt be up to par but remember. He doesnt play much or at all from what I hear from manacloud.
Yeah, for that reason, I dislike most fanboys. They make stupid comments and say stupid things before even thinking about what they're saying.

And yes, Falcomist is correct.

romeo619

Smash Ace
BS Cockriders thought he would place top 5 and was the best falco and 4stocks ken(via mana)

people realistic about him figured he would place around where he did.
they aren't really hating on him, just relieved that everybody realised that he isn't near the top US smashers

po pimpus

Smash Ace
Thank you, Sean(and Falcomist) for bringing some class and sense into this. I personally played BS and Ken in teams pools and he is truly talented. His consistency and speed are top-notch.

For all you fanboys(and haters) to pile on him after hearing about his situation is just bull****. I bet none of you could have even gotten out of your pools. This tourney had a lot of talent assembled and no one, I repeat no one was a straight up noob. Everyone who came into this had somewhat significant skill. For him to take second in teams and then 17th(have you all seen who else took 17th? Some pretty notable names if you ask me) is nothing short of a tremendous accomplishement for someone in his situation.

This kid traveled half a world away to play with us, and you ungrateful chumps wanna talk smack about his performance. Some people in this community truly disgust me...

Zarelid

Smash Lord
wow how annoying can fanboys be Falcomist is right this is stupid bombsolider had a great time at the tourny and thats all that mattered him getting 2nd in teams was ****ing badass and watching him play against anyone even in friendlies was great why so much hate -_-

WhiteOblv

Smash Ace
Why? Cuz people are f****** b******, thats why. Lets go see you haters go to japan and show off your amazing talent. When u get owned by BS there, come back an TRY to talk ****.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
bombsoldier enjoyed playing the americans, he's a pretty chill kid. i'm mad impressed with how he played, taking out noobking and bob$. being a falco slayer myself, i had a very hard time with him in my pool, we had some close matches but his team experiences with chudat helped him catch on to ice climbers pretty quickly.

i'm not disappointed with him at all. he's so cute lol. during ken vs pc's falco he yelled "KEN GANBATE!" that made my day.

also: disc plays pretty slow lol, but pretty smart. not too bad either IMO.

Eratangos

Smash Cadet
I wasn't there but I thought bombsoldier isn't even ranked in the Kansai battle rankings for top 15 players in Japan. He basically disappeared from the smash scene after JGT, two whole years ago. Japanese players don't think he is the best either. So beating bombsoldier doesn't say anything really about the calibre of japanese players vs. american players now. If Aniki came and placed 17th, that would be saying something. Getting 2nd in teams was incredible feat. 17 looks like a low placement but it really isn't , he is in good company.

Tink

Smash Hero
rofl, im too lazy to read all the pages on this, but from the first page, all i got was....

*rob$ voice*
JOHNSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom